Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Great looking setups. I think 22mm attys on woodvils are really dumb looking. They were made for 18mm attys. These clowns putting Vectors on woodvils...so dumb.

Well, colour me:
american-horror-story-freak-show.jpg

Vector doing just fine on my woodie. Same with a derringer.

To each his own, I s'pose.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I have "a thing" about the look of a 22 hanging over the deck on a Grand. I think the LOOK fine on a Woodie - but as I've mentioned, I like to be able to snick my door up. LOL.
I will be trying a 22 on a Woodville (Rogue en route [which sounds like a french dish, doesnt it?]), but it'll have to be awesome to displace a Nuppin... Certainly for a Grand, so far for me it's Nuppin, or a Cyclone/AFC. I do have an RM4 as well - I need to fiddle some more with it before it joins the Cyclone in rotation.

Reactions: Spydro

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I have "a thing" about the look of a 22 hanging over the deck on a Grand. I think the LOOK fine on a Woodie - but as I've mentioned, I like to be able to snick my door up. LOL.
I will be trying a 22 on a Woodville (Rogue en route [which sounds like a french dish, doesnt it?]), but it'll have to be awesome to displace a Nuppin... Certainly for a Grand, so far for me it's Nuppin, or a Cyclone/AFC. I do have an RM4 as well - I need to fiddle some more with it before it joins the Cyclone in rotation.

I love the RM4. Great flavor atty, and looks good on a Grand.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I don't like any of my 22mm atty's on a metal Reo, but also don't like them on my new mech Woodvil's at all either. There are reasons for both, but also because I just plain don't like any of my 22mm atty's themselves much.

For mid size the Nuppin's are the easy favorites and work very well for me... my Atomic doesn't.

Most small atty's can work well for me, but the Chalice's, Cyclones and Hornets are always used first before the IGO-S, RM3's, RM2's the others.

Six of my Reos run Nuppin' and 6 run Chalice so far... but I would gladly run them on all my Reos except the Mini OG's (that get Hornets).

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I like 22mm attys on Woodvills better than I like them on metal Reos. My 4 metals all have 18mm attys; 2 Atomics and 2 Nuppins.
Unfortunately, 22mm attys seem to be all the age, these days. There isn't a lot of selection of 18mm.
The only 22mm atty I've found that rivals the Atomic (RM4) or the Nuppin, is the Manta. It's 22mm, but has a 15mm diameter, domed chamber.
NoName mods has a couple slick looking 18mm atty they are working on

ee7b18c7781258733e061bf25d73b20d.jpg

Any Nuppin fans might be interested if they like that 18mm form factor

THE WGU CLUB

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
the one on the left looks like airflow comes in the side then bends up and hits the coil from below, and coil is central so it's right at the drip tip inlet. also looks like it might be a domed chamber, looks like a killer single coil atty

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Agreed - the "aimed" air looks interesting, like a Chalice does...I just meant that you look limited in airflow.
So, a potentially great MTL atty, but may not be open enuf for me anymore...

the one on the left looks like airflow comes in the side then bends up and hits the coil from below, and coil is central so it's right at the drip tip inlet. also looks like it might be a domed chamber, looks like a killer single coil atty

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
yeah, looks to be a single 2-2.5mm, def MTL.

I've been running my nuppins with the same coil position as that for a while now, a single coil in the center right at the driptip outlet instead of at the air inlets. works awesome with the nuppins big dual air slots open and hitting the coil from both sides.

20150601_013858_zpsmtgr7fsu.jpg

I've been running them without the afc ring so all 3 slots open, but then you can still draw softly for flavor that's off the charts, best vape ever, right up there with a chalice when you draw softly, but then you can also fire a little longer and draw a bit harder for clouds on top of clouds, all with the same setup.

20150621_014236_zpss5a2lz1k.jpg

20150621_014336_zpseqldbweq.jpg

not the prettiest things but works good enough to put everything else on the shelf for the moment. I love this single coil at the driptip outlet setup. I really want to make a custom cap for the nuppin that has many small holes all the way around it to try with this setup.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
yeah, looks to be a single 2-2.5mm, def MTL.

I've been running my nuppins with the same coil position as that for a while now, a single coil in the center right at the driptip outlet instead of at the air inlets. works awesome with the nuppins big dual air slots open and hitting the coil from both sides.

20150601_013858_zpsmtgr7fsu.jpg

I've been running them without the afc ring so all 3 slots open, but then you can still draw softly for flavor that's off the charts, best vape ever, right up there with a chalice when you draw softly, but then you can also fire a little longer and draw a bit harder for clouds on top of clouds, all with the same setup.

20150621_014236_zpss5a2lz1k.jpg

20150621_014336_zpseqldbweq.jpg

not the prettiest things but works good enough to put everything else on the shelf for the moment. I love this single coil at the driptip outlet setup. I really want to make a custom cap for the nuppin that has many small holes all the way around it to try with this setup.

I have also been running a single center high parallel coil at the DT outlet with the two AFC slots wide open in a couple of my Nuppin's (now on new mech Woodvil's) as well for my VLDLT's (the two parallel coil builds at different ohm values). I also have really liked the set up a lot, so plan to try more of the same in some of my other Nup's... maybe in all 6 of them. I am trying your idea in one of them right now minus the AFC sleeve for the 3 cap slots wide open, comparing it against the parallel in the other... and experimenting with the length of my very long lung draws. My lung draws are always full lung draws, but I'm varying the speed to a full lung draw. A first noted difference between the one with 2 AFC slots wide open and the other with all three cap slots wide open with equal speed is with the latter it gets my DT way hotter way faster. A possible issue since I am not running the Router DT's anymore that I used to on the Nuppin's that fend off heat pretty well, rather stubby DT's with maximum open bore size so they are very thin naval brass, copper and SS DT's. I also have black Delrin slip fit DT's of the exact same design, so may have to change to one of them on the 3 slot wide open for multiple hits (or go back to a Router).

Anyway, thanks much for the 3 slots open idea turbocad... a stellar one it appears already. :thumbs:
I will play with both of these today, see what else I come up with. The idea of a couple of V2 naval brass & couple of black ano custom caps ringed with air intakes already appeals to me though. Another idea already tickling my brain would be just altering both original caps/AFC's to either 4 or 8 slots, or 4 slots and 4 holes to also still have some AFC capability. My lathe is buried somewhere in storage with no place to set it up unfortunately, I no longer have my mill. Please LMK if you build a design that excels and I'll find a shop to build or alter some some for me... or some of both since I have 6 Nuppin' bases to play with.

Reactions: hildicat

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
I have been noticing a small amount of juice under my nuppin. It's on my new 2015 woodvil - should I be adjusting the 510? This is my first reo with the new 510 connection and I just attached my nuppin but I'm not really familiar with what I should be doing with the 510 or it's purpose for being adjustable? Wondering if the leaking has something to do with that.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I have been noticing a small amount of juice under my nuppin. It's on my new 2015 woodvil - should I be adjusting the 510? This is my first reo with the new 510 connection and I just attached my nuppin but I'm not really familiar with what I should be doing with the 510 or it's purpose for being adjustable? Wondering if the leaking has something to do with that.

I have experienced the same thing with my V2 Nuppin. I never had the issue with the V1 with the lipped bottom. On the V2 I find a small amount of seepage around the base. I think it's from the occasional over sqounk as the juice seeps in between the ac sleeve and the cap?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Woot!
So...all your posts with that single over-the-top coil, I had to try again.
And remember, I SUCK at building - but I got it done...
Unfortunately, I'm outta time, it'll be late tonight at least before I get to try it out...but up next:

Somewhat loosely twisted 26 g, 2mm 6-wrap for 0.41 ohms.
If this is a great vape for me, it'll be the first time I liked anything under 0.5. But I have moved to better atties and more air...so I have high hopes.
twisty1.JPG

twisty2.JPG

twisty3.JPG

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Well, colour me:
View attachment 465758

Vector doing just fine on my woodie. Same with a derringer.

To each his own, I s'pose.
This pic just keeps freaking me out :shock:
I'm just posting so that maybe we'll be on the next page when I check this thread again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread