Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Yes the one and only, generalnade is what i was called on bf4 lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I played through the campaign when it first came out. I started on Normal but that was to easy so I played through it on the hardest difficulty. I love the Battlefield single player. More real than COD

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I'm the same way lol.

Well, you want to know something? I bet if we can get a private party of Xbox Live friends to fill a Monopoly game some night, it could be a crap load of fun. Complete with snacks and a cooler stocked with Diet Coke and Diet Dew. Oh yeah, a couple of full Kabuki's at the ready. Some of those games have lasted better than 4 hours.

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Well, you want to know something? I bet if we can get a private party of Xbox Live friends to fill a Monopoly game some night, it could be a crap load of fun. Complete with snacks and a cooler stocked with Diet Coke and Diet Dew. Oh yeah, a couple of full Kabuki's at the ready. Some of those games have lasted better than 4 hours.
I'm down.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
Picked up my Procyon stainless tonight. Nice familiar feel of my stainless P3 just more wattage. Love the battery cap design and the solid single tube build over the P3. To me the P3 and Procyon are definitely different. They just share the same look and feel. I'll add some pics and more info later tonight.

vaping on it now while playing Dead of Winter with my boys.

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
Picked up my Procyon stainless tonight. Nice familiar feel of my stainless P3 just more wattage. Love the battery cap design and the solid single tube build over the P3. To me the P3 and Procyon are definitely different. They just share the same look and feel. I'll add some pics and more info later tonight.

Vaping on it now while playing Dead of Winter with my boys.
Congrats, my friend! You made an excellent choice.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
I have mentioned I was trying to decide between buying the Procyon or a 3rd Radius in Stealth black. I own a stainless P3 (celtic knot) which was my first device I ever bought, a onyx Radius and a ghost white Radius. I really really love the Radius. But I think buying a 3rd would have been a bit of overkill. So after a lot of thinking I went and picked up a brand new stainless Procyon tonight.

It looks, feels, and operates just like my P3. As everyone knows the Procyon has the new battery cap, is only 18650, and now does 50 watts. Its a hair taller than the P3 in 18650 configuration. I had my P3 with me when I bought the Procyon and compared the two side by side. My first impression was "This is just an upgraded P3". I wasnt sure I was going to buy it at first and started looking at the stealth black Radius again knowing if I was going to spend money I needed to be practical and get something I didnt already have two of.

When I picked up the Procyon and scrolled through the menu....and watched the wattage hit 20W....25W...30W....40W....50W.... I smiled. I love the Radius's 40 watts of power and that does pretty much what I need. I run three Kabuki's on all my Provari's. I dont even go over 9 watts so 40 watts has been plenty and not I have 50 watts with my Procyon. Those 10 Watts do make a different and now I can run pretty much every tank and RDA I own.

Everything is typical ProVari quality. The machining, fit, and finish is outstanding. I also like its a solid tube unlike my P3. So now I have more options since I have both. The P3 still just works great. Every tank I screwed on with a 510 connection sat flush on the 510/beauty ring with no gap. All my P3 tanks fit perfect as expected.

Very glad I picked up the Procyon. its quality I really can admire and appreciate. I love it with my stainless steel Kabuki and the Ti Kabuki looks perfect. I decided to try it out with the 510 adapter and I am trying out the Nautilus X at the moment. Hands down my Kabuki's are my favorite for my ProVari's but its great that I have extra options.

I wont be getting rid of my P3 however or stop using it. When I am out running around I usually have my ghost white Radius on me. I just like the smaller form factor a lot. But its nice to have the P3 (and now the Procyon) to enjoy. Anytime someone saw my P3 with the Kabuki I get asked about it. In fact I was in a vape shop recently and I had my P3 with the Kabuki and Dotmod tip and the guys behind the counter were foaming at the mouth over it. ProVari's are the only tube mods I go back to.

So if you are thinking about a Procyon I highly recommend it.

IMG_0324_1.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

The finish on the Procyon (at least on mine) is just very slighly darker than my P3. That might be because my P3 is older and been handled. But thats it otherwise. The finish is matte and really nice.

A side note on the Nautilus X:
I know its not for everyone but I am enjoying this little tank quite a bit. When I first used it I used some Flawless Aftermath juice and I will admit the flavor off the Nautilus X was really bad. Thats a decently flavorful juice too. I believe its 80/20. The flavor never got better even after several tanks. So without changing the coil (I just rinsed out the tank) I started vaping a banana nut bread juice I have and its a huge improvement. Its not the best tank I own and its surely no Kabuki but I do like it. And I get a nice vape at 15 watts. Works very well on the Procyon.

Last edited:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I have mentioned I was trying to decide between buying the Procyon or a 3rd Radius in Stealth black. I own a stainless P3 (celtic knot) which was my first device I ever bought, a onyx Radius and a ghost white Radius. I really really love the Radius. But I think buying a 3rd would have been a bit of overkill. So after a lot of thinking I went and picked up a brand new stainless Procyon tonight.

It looks, feels, and operates just like my P3. As everyone knows the Procyon has the new battery cap, is only 18650, and now does 50 watts. Its a hair taller than the P3 in 18650 configuration. I had my P3 with me when I bought the Procyon and compared the two side by side. My first impression was "This is just an upgraded P3". I wasnt sure I was going to buy it at first and started looking at the stealth black Radius again knowing if I was going to spend money I needed to be practical and get something I didnt already have two of.

When I picked up the Procyon and scrolled through the menu....and watched the wattage hit 20W....25W...30W....40W....50W.... I smiled. I love the Radius's 40 watts of power and that does pretty much what I need. I run three Kabuki's on all my Provari's. I dont even go over 9 watts so 40 watts has been plenty and not I have 50 watts with my Procyon. Those 10 Watts do make a different and now I can run pretty much every tank and RDA I own.

Everything is typical ProVari quality. The machining, fit, and finish is outstanding. I also like its a solid tube unlike my P3. So now I have more options since I have both. The P3 still just works great. Every tank I screwed on with a 510 connection sat flush on the 510/beauty ring with no gap. All my P3 tanks fit perfect as expected.

Very glad I picked up the Procyon. its quality I really can admire and appreciate. I love it with my stainless steel Kabuki and the Ti Kabuki looks perfect. I decided to try it out with the 510 adapter and I am trying out the Nautilus X at the moment. Hands down my Kabuki's are my favorite for my ProVari's but its great that I have extra options.

I wont be getting rid of my P3 however or stop using it. When I am out running around I usually have my ghost white Radius on me. I just like the smaller form factor a lot. But its nice to have the P3 (and now the Procyon) to enjoy. Anytime someone saw my P3 with the Kabuki I get asked about it. In fact I was in a vape shop recently and I had my P3 with the Kabuki and Dotmod tip and the guys behind the counter were foaming at the mouth over it. ProVari's are the only tube mods I go back to.

So if you are thinking about a Procyon I highly recommend it.

IMG_0324_1.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

A side note on the Nautilus X:
I know its not for everyone but I am enjoying this little tank quite a bit. When I first used it I used some Flawless Aftermath juice and I will admit the flavor off the Nautilus X was really bad. Thats a decently flavorful juice too. I believe its 80/20. The flavor never got better even after several tanks. So without changing the coil (I just rinsed out the tank) I started vaping a banana nut bread juice I have and its a huge improvement. Its not the best tank I own and its surely no Kabuki but I do like it. And I get a nice vape at 15 watts. Works very well on the Procyon.
Wow. Very excellent write up, and great pics, too! Thanks!

I don't own a Procyon but I just knew you'd like it. That's great!

You know how I and others advised you to get a Procyon because you already have a P3 and two Radius'? Well seeing you put that in writing in your write up makes even more sense to me than when I wrote it. Also, your whole story just convinces me the next time I get a ProVari, why not the Procyon? Just why not?

Thanks again for taking the time to share.

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
Wow. Very excellent write up, and great pics, too! Thanks!

I don't own a Procyon but I just knew you'd like it. That's great!

You know how I and others advised you to get a Procyon because you already have a P3 and two Radius'? Well seeing you put that in writing in your write up makes even more sense to me than when I wrote it. Also, your whole story just convinces me the next time I get a ProVari, why not the Procyon? Just why not?

Thanks again for taking the time to share.

I am a huge fan of the Radius. But the Procyon is something I didnt have and its 50 watts compared to my P3's 20 watts is really nice. It doesnt replace my P3 since the P3 has other attributes like being able to use it in different sizes. Thats nice.

The Procyon is a worthy addition to anyone who likes and appreciates ProVari. That 50 watts of power wont sound like much to most vapers but its more than I will use. I have had some tanks in the past where I had to run them at 55-65 watts and I didnt enjoy that.

Its well worth the money in my humble opinion. And its not like I have extra money to spend either. One thing I learned is I dont care if others like ProVari or not. Some hate ProVari with a passion. Thats honestly ok. I like quality and thats what I pay for and thats what I get. Every time I hear "Man I got a DNA 200 for less than what a P3 costs! Stupid if you buy ProVari!" I just roll my eyes.

The Procyon is fantastic and it is definitely worth the price of admission. If you can get the cash I would get one hands down.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
Been vaping on my Stealth Procyon/Black Griffin combo all weekend. I'm loving it! I wasn't sure about putting the Griffin on there, but it really looks good and Vapes great! I actually started out with my KfMv3 on it, then put a moonshot on it. The moonshot is nice, but I only have that in stainless, so I put a pair of 26g K coils in the Griffin (homing out to 0.48) and have been happily running it at 35w. Great flavor, nice temp, good airflow. After driving around doing errands yesterday, I still only drained the battery to about 3.7v. I'm definitely impressed. So happy I bought it! It also feels better in my hand than the other mods I own. [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garibaldi

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2016
DFW, TX
Congratulations on your Procyon, Garibaldi. :thumb: I've never regretted paying more up front for quality.

Little update:

I have just been using various Kabuki tanks. But I decided to throw a Heracles Plus and got an error. I didnt mess with trying to fix it because that tank was leaking like crazy. But I added a Silo Beast with a .5 ohm coil to try. The coil reads at .58 and I am vaping it at around 30 watts and all I can say is I am impressed. Works great and its nice having a Provari that can run this tank so easily. I know my Radius can do it but having a P3 style that runs this tank is great. It just looks like a lightsaber with the Silo Beast lol.

Also very happy with the battery life on this.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
That's cool. Pinball and Pool everyday for me. Batman when I have the time Lol Jackie's going to teach me Snooker. I'll wait to start that career for when she gets home. Believe it or not, a real fun game to play on LIVE is Monopoly. You wouldn't believe how seriously people take that game, especially the younger ones. Kind of funny.
Jackie and I will play Trivial Pursuit, also.
Ohhhh you make me wanna almost go gold again. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread