Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Are you out of SS or just cant find it locally?

If you just can't get it, I have about 250 feet of 316l if you need a bit and if 26ga isn't too thick....

Just can't find it locally. Was hoping to staying around 1.2 ohms. According to this calculator, gonna be tricky to get 1.2 with 26ga of SS.

Reactions: AstroTurf

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Just can't find it locally. Was hoping to staying around 1.2 ohms. According to this calculator, gonna be tricky to get 1.2 with 26ga of SS.
I would mail you a bunch, but you are right... SS requires more wraps than kanthal or nichome.

Be a big@$$ coil in a KF to get to 1.2... 8wraps @ 2.5mm or 10wraps @ 2mm.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
If anyone needs stainless steel in happy to send some out but it would help me help you in a timely fashion if you sent me an empty spool and a return envelope. I have PILES of it I could send ten people fifty feet and not blink.

The name of the by weight eBay vendor is central wire company. Unkamen sells nickel free stainless 200 ft for $10 I think. Lightening vapes has it inexpensively too.

If anyone just wants some and will send an empty spool and return envelope (I can't wait in line at the post office due to my spine) I'm happy to crack off a chunk. Just pm me.

If you lot only want a few feet of each i can buy a book of stamps next time I get groceries and just snail mail ten feet or so wrapped around a business card or something. More than that would require a spool so it doesn't end up mangled and virtually unusable.

Pm me. I think I still have around 2500ft
You can contact them to find it what they have on eBay and tell them you want one of the by weight 316 spools. It was $22 shipped and its 2500-3500 ft I believe. I can't seem to find them in eBay but this is the place and I'm sure a quick email would get an answer - post back for the group if you find it please

Contact Us | Central Wire Industries

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
If anyone needs stainless steel in happy to send some out but it would help me help you in a timely fashion if you sent me an empty spool and a return envelope. I have PILES of it I could send ten people fifty feet and not blink.

The name of the by weight eBay vendor is central wire company. Unkamen sells nickel free stainless 200 ft for $10 I think. Lightening vapes has it inexpensively too.

If anyone just wants some and will send an empty spool and return envelope (I can't wait in line at the post office due to my spine) I'm happy to crack off a chunk. Just pm me.

If you lot only want a few feet of each i can buy a book of stamps next time I get groceries and just snail mail ten feet or so wrapped around a business card or something. More than that would require a spool so it doesn't end up mangled and virtually unusable.

Pm me. I think I still have around 2500ft
Cool gesture.

I was going to mention Lightning Vapes as well. Great service and shipping and the prices are low.

I placed an order yesterday with LV for 50ft of Clapton wire for about $18 with code OHMSWEETOHM. 250ft of 28SS is about $8 with the code. 1000ft of 28g kanthal is just over $20 with the code ($25 without).

I don't expect wire to be hard to source even if the FDA kills vaping, but I find Lightning Vapes wire clean and easy to work with.

P.S. 2500 feet? You had better start stocking up!;) I have about 1500 and I likely won't use it all even if I live another 50 years.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
I would mail you a bunch, but you are right... SS requires more wraps than kanthal or nichome.

Be a big@$$ coil in a KF to get to 1.2... 8wraps @ 2.5mm or 10wraps @ 2mm.

The guy at the local vape shop said that dealing with SS wasn't worth the hassle due to how difficult it is to work with. Have you noticed that working with SS is a pain in the rear?

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Here's what I've been trying out. For stainless based wire.

d41434810c3d151700ef678645e8e3dd.jpg

Here's the central
Wire label for information. The writing rubbed off when I moved it.

8072ba3d63219a0c8b3f7c62b8a97b6e.jpg

Here it is compared to 100ft of lightning vapes and a few size comparisons to I've you a real idea of how much of it you get

35ab2174bdbcf386df05540ef55103e5.jpg

This is after I removed and respooled 750 ft for s friend here - shot from the bottom so you can see how far in it goes. When you receive it - it's to the outside all the way basically.

67a64465aed30df461bd64540aa5de20.jpg

Here's a close up of the wire.

885c78c4dae0a4a2c263e9f5f642b6f9.jpg

So You can see why I think it's worth emailing them to get the $20 Megaspool

That said lightening vapes has a good deal
On 500'. I don't know that I've tested theirs yet. I've used the central wire stuff for the last six
Months or so. The unkamen 430'is the nickel free in the first photo. It doesn't work well for temp control but works great for standard wattage mode. And if you have a severe nickel allergy it's the stainless you'd want to get. Most nickel allergies do not get activated with nickel wire vaping despite the plethora of reports you read online. The especially low levels in 317 and 316 would render it unlikely.

**The spool tamers are made by beadalon and available On Amazon in 3 or 25 I think. They're expensive for what they are but they work really and should last forever. I grew very tired of constantly untangling and rewrapping.

3 isn't enough and 25 is way too many. I feel like when I ordered them It was a 20 pack

3 pack - Amazon.com: Beadalon 3-Piece Spool Tamer Set: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

25 pack - Amazon.com: Beadalon 25-Piece Spool Tamer Set

I believe you can get hen in store at some walmarts but they're $3.50 for
One I think. Not sure. I buy everything online lately.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
The guy at the local vape shop said that dealing with SS wasn't worth the hassle due to how difficult it is to work with. Have you noticed that working with SS is a pain in the rear?
I prefer kanthal as I am used to it, but SS is a bit of a pain as it is softer. Not terrible though.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Here's what I've been trying out. For stainless based wire.

d41434810c3d151700ef678645e8e3dd.jpg

Here's the central
Wire label for information. The writing rubbed off when I moved it.

8072ba3d63219a0c8b3f7c62b8a97b6e.jpg

Here it is compared to 100ft of lightning vapes and a few size comparisons to I've you a real idea of how much of it you get

35ab2174bdbcf386df05540ef55103e5.jpg

This is after I removed and respooled 750 ft for s friend here - shot from the bottom so you can see how far in it goes. When you receive it - it's to the outside all the way basically.

67a64465aed30df461bd64540aa5de20.jpg

Here's a close up of the wire.

885c78c4dae0a4a2c263e9f5f642b6f9.jpg

So You can see why I think it's worth emailing them to get the $20 Megaspool

That said lightening vapes has a good deal
On 500'. I don't know that I've tested theirs yet. I've used the central wire stuff for the last six
Months or so. The unkamen 430'is the nickel free in the first photo. It doesn't work well for temp control but works great for standard wattage mode. And if you have a severe nickel allergy it's the stainless you'd want to get. Most nickel allergies do not get activated with nickel wire vaping despite the plethora of reports you read online. The especially low levels in 317 and 316 would render it unlikely.

**The spool tamers are made by beadalon and available On Amazon in 3 or 25 I think. They're expensive for what they are but they work really and should last forever. I grew very tired of constantly untangling and rewrapping.

3 isn't enough and 25 is way too many. I feel like when I ordered them It was a 20 pack

3 pack - Amazon.com: Beadalon 3-Piece Spool Tamer Set: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

25 pack - Amazon.com: Beadalon 25-Piece Spool Tamer Set

I believe you can get hen in store at some walmarts but they're $3.50 for
One I think. Not sure. I buy everything online lately.
Never heard of Central Wire but they are right next door to one of my customers in Perth, Ontario. If I wasn't already set for wire for life, I would grab one of those mega spools.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Cool gesture.

I was going to mention Lightning Vapes as well. Great service and shipping and the prices are low.

I placed an order yesterday with LV for 50ft of Clapton wire for about $18 with code OHMSWEETOHM. 250ft of 28SS is about $8 with the code. 1000ft of 28g kanthal is just over $20 with the code ($25 without).

I don't expect wire to be hard to source even if the FDA kills vaping, but I find Lightning Vapes wire clean and easy to work with.

P.S. 2500 feet? You had better start stocking up!;) I have about 1500 and I likely won't use it all even if I live another 50 years.

The 2500' was always with a view of handing a bunch out. Also I knew when I ordered that I liked stainless the most. Unfortunately i found 29 gauge kanthal
Which just seems to be perfect for me. 6 wraps with 2mm for a one ohm build. Heats so fast. Especially in the GP stuff and my mark bugs gem tanks.

When I ordered my Clapton wire there was no
Choice. It was 25' for $11. That's a bummer. Wel now that I know I like the stainless kanthal I'll get another 50

I totally agree on lightening vapes. If you want to try a bunch of wire it makes sense to order form them. Their price break point is usually the second to longest - you don't save much getting the biggest spool over two of the next one down. But you save a lot going up from the smallest.

It makes sense when you're in the site.

I'm very happy with their wire. Super clean and when I order I can get s bunch of different ones. I wish they carried nife48. I'll email them.

Did you get the native wicks premium blend? It really is THAT good. $6 for three feet or something like that but one foot for me is a lot of wicks.

Glad you get to try s bunch. I just ordered 500' of the 29 gauge kanthal. I really like some of the odd gauges.

I'd like to
Find a good source for titanium. I have a bunch and none of it is good. I want 30 gauge and lv doesn't seem to carry it. I may just write it off as I've never had a good experience with it.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
He was either a poor builder or just full of it. SS is easy to work with. Easier then Ni or Ti in my opinion....even my 28Ga. 430SS wire is easier then Ni....kind of on par with Ti

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
The 2500' was always with a view of handing a bunch out. Also I knew when I ordered that I liked stainless the most. Unfortunately i found 29 gauge kanthal
Which just seems to be perfect for me. 6 wraps with 2mm for a one ohm build. Heats so fast. Especially in the GP stuff and my mark bugs gem tanks.

Choice. It was 25' for $11. That's a bummer. Wel now that I know I like the stainless kanthal I'll get another 50

I totally agree on lightening vapes. If you want to try a bunch of wire it makes sense to order form them. Their price break point is usually the second to longest - you don't save much getting the biggest spool over two of the next one down. But you save a lot going up from the smallest.

I'm very happy with their wire. Super clean and when I order I can get s bunch of different ones. I wish they carried nife48. I'll email them.

Did you get the native wicks premium blend? It really is THAT good. $6 for three feet or something like that but one foot for me is a lot of wicks.

Glad you get to try s bunch. I just ordered 500' of the 29 gauge kanthal. I really like some of the odd gauges.

I'd like to
Find a good source for titanium. I have a bunch and none of it is good. I want 30 gauge and lv doesn't seem to carry it. I may just write it off as I've never had a good experience with it.
I didn't grab the Native Wicks cotton as I still have tons of various cottons and a multiple lifetime supply of rayon. I will give it a shot on my next order once I start playing around with different Claptons. I am intrigued by the K/SS clapton wire, but don't need it right now...

One thing I am really enjoying is twisted 30ga kanthal. Two strands of 30ga locked in the drill and a pencil in the loop. Loving it at about 1.1-1.3ohms in my KFL+'s with rayon. Very easy to work with and stupidly simple to make. Need to make some more today.

Last edited:

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States

I'd like to
I just ordered from LV, following your advice. Native cotton (Platinum blend) for some Goblin mini v2 clowns, some 28ga SS, and clapton you like. I've been able to clumsily build coils w/Kanthal with my busted left wrist, so am hoping I'll be able to get used to building w/ the SS and clapton quickly. I would benefit hugely from having my mods alert me to dry coils after the next surgery. Being in a narco fog is rough enough without a horrific mouthful of hot burnt metal fumes.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I didn't grab the Native Wicks cotton as I still have tons of various cottons and a multiple lifetime supply of rayon. I will give it a shot on my next order once I start playing around with different Claptons. I am intrigued by the K/SS clapton wire, but don't need it right now...

One thing I am really enjoying is twisted 30ga kanthal. Two strands of 30ga locked in the drill and a pencil in the loop. Loving it at about 1.1-1.3ohms in my KFL+'s with rayon. Very easy to work with and stupidly simple to make. Need to make some more today.

I really want to find a place that has this as I mentioned earlier I love twisted wire but I need to find some twisted 30 that's premade

I promise I wouldn't bother recommending awake if it wasn't something truly special

My very inexpensive dna75 mod arrives today and it's the last chapter Cr evolv get from me at least on this generation of chips. I'm very curious to see if it can stand up in any way to the provape
Stuff. Give the price I'm skeptical.

By the way I'm using unkamen Nickel free stainless in a 9 wrap contact coil without issue. He user it's so pure you can feel a bit more secure giving it s pulse or two to set the coil straight and once so it stays so unlike some other stainless builds I've done. I'll need to repeat this to arrive at the conclusion that 430 works the best for non temp control builds. But it certainly could be the case.

I agree it's not harder to build th as stated above. It's easier than most titanium i have used. I don't have an issue with softer wire though in fact if anything it makes wrapping perfect coils simple. That said it's nowhere near as soft as untempered nickel.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoKaren

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
I really want to find a place that has this as I mentioned earlier I love twisted wire but I need to find some twisted 30 that's premade

I promise I wouldn't bother recommending awake if it wasn't something truly special

My very inexpensive dna75 mod arrives today and it's the last chapter Cr evolv get from me at least on this generation of chips. I'm very curious to see if it can stand up in any way to the provape Stuff. Give the price I'm skeptical.
I'm enjoying my tiny istick picos, but they can't hold a candle to these radii. i figure they'll last about 2 years.

Reactions: h00ligan

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

My very inexpensive dna75 mod arrives today and it's the last chapter Cr evolv get from me at least on this generation of chips. I'm very curious to see if it can stand up in any way to the provape
Stuff. Give the price I'm skeptical.
I just made a bunch(a 30ft roll) of twisted 30 and my 3 year old held the pen at the end as I made one big strand.

All I do is get about 6-10 feet of 30ga, take the two ends and make a little fold, insert it into a drill, put a pen in the end loop, hold it tight and twist on low speed until the loop breaks. That's it. Kinda a poor man's clapton. :)

I really like the K30 and recently bought 500ft from LV for under $10!:thumb: Twisted, it's great, alone it's too thin IMO.

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I'm enjoying my tiny istick picos, but they can't hold a candle to these radii. i figure they'll last about 2 years.

I agree the Istick pico is great for what it is. I'd be surprised if
Me be lasts more than six months of very regular use. This is my third Istick. The 39 was terrible and died fast. The 40 tc was dunked in water and still
Works. It would be nice if they lasted two years. I bought one of the smy sdna devices. I had a miserable experience with w couple of dna200 mods which I hope was down to the mod makers not the chips. Should find out soon ! The ability to create custom curves with multiple wire combinations is great if it works properly.

The provape boost setting makes vaping a lot better. I hope they find a way to work that out in coil Control mode.

I just made a bunch(a 30ft roll) of twisted 30 and my 3 year old held the pen at the end as I made one big strand.

All I do is get about 6-10 feet of 30ga, take the two ends and make a little fold, insert it into a drill, put a pen in the end loop, hold it tight and twist on low speed until the loop breaks. That's it. Kinda a poor man's clapton. :)

I really like the K30 and recently bought 500ft from LV for under $10!:thumb: Twisted, it's great, alone it's too thin IMO.

If I had the chance even remotely I'd make some for sure. Do you know if anyone sells twisted 30-32 premade ? The twisted 28 having the resistance if 27 doesn't work for me nor does the slow heating but the flavor is great.

Reactions: ColoKaren

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Popped a Brown LG HG2 into my Radius this morning, the battery meter hasn't even dipped after a couple hours...:)
I have the same Samsung in mine that it shipped with. It was lasting a long time until I started driving it at 30-40w. Battery life is just ok at high wattage compared to other mods at similar wattage.

Time for a change maybe? I haven't killed a battery yet, so how long do you keep yours in circulation?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
If I had the chance even remotely I'd make some for sure. Do you know if anyone sells twisted 30-32 premade ? The twisted 28 having the resistance if 27 doesn't work for me nor does the slow heating but the flavor is great.
I doubt it. Haven't seen any premade.

Send me an IM with your address if you want me to send you some. It costs me about $0.05/ft to make, so I have no problem dropping 10-20 feet in the mail for you. I enjoy making it, so it'd be my pleasure.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
I found the real restore tool on my PC and not the weird carp windows search wanted me to use. I had to go back to 7-13, but earlier today I ran my regular HD back-up onto an external drive. System restore showed that the provape software would be removed and it appears to be gone. I'm going to take a break tonight and see if I want to tackle it in the morning when the room isn't 85 degrees.

Thank you for helping me sort this out and pointing me in the right directions to get it fixed. :thumb:

Just updating on updating:

Tried a fresh install on this PC and another 8.1 PC. Neither worked, the virgin PC tried to do the update and crashed. I've uninstalled on both and am giving up. Provape offered to update for me if I pay shipping both ways, but I don't think this is worth it. They thought it "could" be a Win 8.1 issue even though it should work on 8 or 10. I'm still planning to spend my reward points on a new Radius, so I'll ask them to make sure to ship with the latest and greatest software then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread