Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thanks for explaining that.
If I were in charge of a country: either, by fiat, institute regulations which will ultimately drive a relatively harmless personal pastime into oblivion, or implement totally irrational laws to nip it in the bud. Sadly LOL.
As i mentioned in a thread somewhere, I spent half the summer in Italy. vape wherever you want. Some encroaching EU regulations on vaping, but no one seems to much care. Maybe I'll have to move there to escape this crap.

And live on REAL pizza and antiquities forever and ever.......... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ciao~

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Well I just got a substantial raise at work, (something along the lines of $9.00 an hour more than I was making) and as a way to celebrate I see a Kabuki topped Radius on it's way to me in the near future. Now just gotta decide color finish and so forth....

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Well I just got a substantial raise at work, (something along the lines of $9.00 an hour more than I was making) and as a way to celebrate I see a Kabuki topped Radius on it's way to me in the near future. Now just gotta decide color finish and so forth....

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
And live on REAL pizza and antiquities forever and ever.......... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ciao~
Si.
The pizza (in Rome, and it varies from region to region) is thin thin thin. Good good good.
The antiquities are everywhere. You can walk down some back street and see a building-sized fenced off hole, which in the US would mean some place burned down and they haven't begun rebuilding. There, you look down and see a 2000 yr old remnant of an ancient Roman whatever which they just haven't had the money to figure out what to do with, but won't allow its destruction. Cool.
The one vape shop I went to was oddly in the rear of an upscale clothing shop. Weird.
Here's either the inside view of a Kabuki looking up through the driptip, or the ceiling of the Pantheon (the largest concrete dome ever built--a couple of thousand years ago at that.)
Pantheon dome copy.jpg

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Si.
The pizza (in Rome, and it varies from region to region) is thin thin thin. Good good good.
The antiquities are everywhere. You can walk down some back street and see a building-sized fenced off hole, which in the US would mean some place burned down and they haven't begun rebuilding. There, you look down and see a 2000 yr old remnant of an ancient Roman whatever which they just haven't had the money to figure out what to do with, but won't allow its destruction. Cool.
The one vape shop I went to was oddly in the rear of an upscale clothing shop. Weird.
Here's either the inside view of a Kabuki looking up through the driptip, or the ceiling of the Pantheon (the largest concrete dome ever built--a couple of thousand years ago at that.)
View attachment 606709

Roman pizza........ cheese and sauce slipping down your palm...... there is NOTHING like it in the global district. Ohhhhhhh..... delicious memories.

I love the shot of the Kabuki, NY. ;)

Now. Did you photografia the vape shop??

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
I noticed the battery bar doing some odd things as my Radius was charging. Should I be concerned about this?

That looks like an older software version with the large battery icon.

Maybe try updating to a newer version? ProVari Software Upgrades
"Radius Version 26 (40 Watt model) (07/19/2016) - This version incorporates several bug fixes and improvements to the previous version to include: Battery meter adjustments, increase accelerator scroll speed, changes to the end of charge detection, slimmer battery icon, bug fixes"

I'll give the update a try. Thanks.

Soooo, How'd Ya go Mr Face Meat?

Did the advice fix your battery gauge issue?

The reason I ask is two parts.

One, it would be good to know if this solved your issue, as it could help others with the same problem.

And secondly it would be great if you kept your original Youtube clip permanently available for future reference (I've kept ALL my Forum posted images and videos permanently available for the general public since 2004...but yours has vanished in less than a week..... Just sayin')

We are here to help.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Roman pizza........ cheese and sauce slipping down your palm...... there is NOTHING like it in the global district. Ohhhhhhh..... delicious memories.

I love the shot of the Kabuki, NY. ;)

Now. Did you photografia the vape shop??
Funny you should ask.
No, I did not. There were a bunch of pics, in retrospect, I've asked myself "why didn't you take that one?" And that was one of them.
I walked past the place four times looking for it, then finally just decided to use the address. So, into the clothing shop I go. There's the upscale, nice Italian men's and women's clothing as you enter. So, I'm flummoxed. The middle aged sales women says hello and asks if I need assistance. BTW, my Italian is not what I'd describe as fluent, but I get by quite well, though I have to struggle for certain words. I say "Io cerco la roba per il vapore." (I'm looking for the vaping stuff.) And halfway down the small shop is a little alcove with mods, juices, etc. They have some byLeo mods, and I asked about a certain tank. And, it's her turn to be flummoxed, so she says she'll have to get the owner, who ultimately comes from I-don't-know-where to answer my question. I bought a bottle of juice (Mrs. Lord's Custard made in the UK) because it took me a long time to get there, partly because Rome's public bus transport system does not run well, and just because. Nice juice BTW. Whew, that was a long and probably boring answer. So, this is what remains of the House of the Vestal Virgins, in the Roman Forum, where I sat vaping
House of the Vestal Virgins copy.jpg
for hours admiringly and imagining...

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Funny you should ask.
No, I did not. There were a bunch of pics, in retrospect, I've asked myself "why didn't you take that one?" And that was one of them.
I walked past the place four times looking for it, then finally just decided to use the address. So, into the clothing shop I go. There's the upscale, nice Italian men's and women's clothing as you enter. So, I'm flummoxed. The middle aged sales women says hello and asks if I need assistance. BTW, my Italian is not what I'd describe as fluent, but I get by quite well, though I have to struggle for certain words. I say "Io cerco la roba per il vapore." (I'm looking for the vaping stuff.) And halfway down the small shop is a little alcove with mods, juices, etc. They have some byLeo mods, and I asked about a certain tank. And, it's her turn to be flummoxed, so she says she'll have to get the owner, who ultimately comes from I-don't-know-where to answer my question. I bought a bottle of juice (Mrs. Lord's Custard made in the UK) because it took me a long time to get there, partly because Rome's public bus transport system does not run well, and just because. Nice juice BTW. Whew, that was a long and probably boring answer. So, this is what remains of the House of the Vestal Virgins, in the Roman Forum, where I sat vaping View attachment 607037 for hours admiringly and imagining...

That's kwite a shot, NY. Fabulous and intriguing. I'd say none could even question your hours of visionary vaping in a spot so glorious.

Thank you for sharing, and not a BIT boring at all!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hi!, Thank you for the suggestion regarding attos. Just found an online Mexican store that sells Kayfuns (authorized seller according to the Svomesto website). They are out of stock for the Kayfun 5 and have the mini v3 but my guess is that the K5 has an easier build so being a beginner will be easier to use it (the also have spare replacement tanks and O-rings for the K5 so I can be better prepared for any eventuality).

I also have a question: I've been comparing how the Radius and a Aspire ESP30 work, using the same atomizer, e-liquid and wattage. The Radius feels smoother, it works in a more fluid way (hope I am explaining myself). But at the end both devices send electricity to the same coil under basically same circumstances so why the difference?

I'm really glad about finding Provape, it really makes a difference!:)

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hi!, Thank you for the suggestion regarding attos. Just found an online Mexican store that sells Kayfuns (authorized seller according to the Svomesto website). They are out of stock for the Kayfun 5 and have the mini v3 but my guess is that the K5 has an easier build so being a beginner will be easier to use it (the also have spare replacement tanks and O-rings for the K5 so I can be better prepared for any eventuality).

I also have a question: I've been comparing how the Radius and a Aspire ESP30 work, using the same atomizer, e-liquid and wattage. The Radius feels smoother, it works in a more fluid way (hope I am explaining myself). But at the end both devices send electricity to the same coil under basically same circumstances so why the difference?

I'm really glad about finding Provape, it really makes a difference!:)

AFAIK Provape's chips give a flat signal to the coil, at higher frequency, a newly paved road, so to say. I'm pretty sure Aspire use PWM (pulse width modulation) to deliver the necessary volts, at lower frequency - a bumpy road.

R

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I agree with you Tomasius. For me the ProVape products are the smoothest, though some of the other known chip manufacturers make some fine boards, too.

You can find it on their site -- but I think the term is Acu-set technology, which may be the algorithms used when making the "chip/board".

I've seen that other companies do make a flat signal now -- but, there is more to this technology than the early speculations on what make ProVi vapes so nice.

I most certainly :wub: my radii.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Question for the technical folks!

Can someone explain to me the difference(s) in the DNA40 board and the board that is used in the Radius? I understand the temp control differences, but I am more curious about consistency in vape and output regulation.

For the life of me, I cannot figure this out. My Radius just delivers a smooth, consistent and not too hot vape. When I use the DNA40 it is a very different vape to me. Not bad, but different. I am using the same tanks, but I do notice a difference.

I am not trying to start a war, just curious about what I might be experiencing. I don't think it is in my head....:)

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
Question for the technical folks!

Can someone explain to me the difference(s) in the DNA40 board and the board that is used in the Radius? I understand the temp control differences, but I am more curious about consistency in vape and output regulation.

For the life of me, I cannot figure this out. My Radius just delivers a smooth, consistent and not too hot vape. When I use the DNA40 it is a very different vape to me. Not bad, but different. I am using the same tanks, but I do notice a difference.

I am not trying to start a war, just curious about what I might be experiencing. I don't think it is in my head....:)

It all has to do with the frequency modulation/delivery I believe. An interesting way to think about it was recently posted.
AFAIK Provape's chips give a flat signal to the coil, at higher frequency, a newly paved road, so to say. I'm pretty sure Aspire use PWM (pulse width modulation) to deliver the necessary volts, at lower frequency - a bumpy road.

R

Sorry, I am a telecommunications engineer, not an electrical one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread