• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

***ON TOPIC***The Emerald City Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
TBH, I'm probably one of the few Wisconsinites who doesn't LIKE beer. Ewww! I'm much fonder of wine coolers or fruity mixed drinks. :shock:
I'm with you Vicks. Never liked beer. Well now we have another thing in common. Let's see, Victorian styles, alcohol preferences, tort, oops other kinds of fun. LOL Great minds think alike. :)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I'm with you Vicks. Never liked beer. Well now we have another thing in common. Let's see, Victorian styles, alcohol preferences, tort, oops other kinds of fun. LOL Great minds think alike. :)

Shall we continue the commonality thread? I like fiction (like you'd never guess THAT LOL) books, art, and film. Music with purpose (anything that engenders an emotional response), not the noise the kids are listening to nowadays, although sometimes, they DO get it right...
people watching, and introspection.

Great minds do think alike, but Sick minds thinking alike are much more fun :D. Now we just have to get the guys to stick around in here long enough to have a little fun....:p

Last edited:

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Shall we continue the commonality thread? I like fiction (like you'd never guess THAT LOL) books, art, and film. Music with purpose (anything that engenders an emotional response), not the noise the kids are listening to nowadays, although sometimes, they DO get it right...
people watching, and introspection.

Great minds do think alike, but Sick minds thinking alike are much more fun :D. Now we just have to get the guys to stick around in here long enough to have a little fun....:p
So far we agree. When I was a young mother I, of course, was into rock and roll. I was naive enough to think that there wouldn't be a generation gap between my children and myself because I was so much more a cool Mother than my Mother was. I will never forget the day my son, who was upstairs in his room, cranked up his stereo blasting, and I mean, blasting Metallica! I truly thought my mind was going to explode!! I was horrified! I not only found myself screaming "Turn that cr@p off!!" I found my self saying the words I swore I would NEVER say to my children, because I was the cool Mother. "You can't even understand the words!" I was no longer the cool Mother. LOLOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
My Dad, one of the wisest persons I have ever met - once told me when I was young and into rock.... one day, you'll decide that you don't like this music, because it's just discordant noise..... and, as usual, he was right.

Scary....my 20 year old son has recently started listening to celtic music, and when he was younger, actually begged me to take him to the Milwaukee symphony orchestra... unfortunately, he still likes the bang and rumble of today's music, as well...

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Jo and Vicks....I must concur...I prefer my alcoholic beverages "Fun and Fruity"!!( I do enjoy RootBeer though):)The Wiz!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
My Dad, one of the wisest persons I have ever met - once told me when I was young and into rock.... one day, you'll decide that you don't like this music, because it's just discordant noise..... and, as usual, he was right.

Scary....my 20 year old son has recently started listening to celtic music, and when he was younger, actually begged me to take him to the Milwaukee symphony orchestra... unfortunately, he still likes the bang and rumble of today's music, as well...
I agree. My tastes have changed through the years. What was a nice surprise though was the music taste my daughter has. She was brought up mostly on my rock and roll, I was a young mother, but she quickly decided she liked a wide variety. Classic, oldies, country, symphony, celtic, etc. So I must have done something right, be it accidentally. LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Jo and Vicks....I must concur...I prefer my alcoholic beverages "Fun and Fruity"!!( I do enjoy RootBeer though):)The Wiz!

Mmmm - nothing better than a root beer float on any day!!!

I agree. My tastes have changed through the years. What was a nice surprise though was the music taste my daughter has. She was brought up mostly on my rock and roll, I was a young mother, but she quickly decided she liked a wide variety. Classic, oldies, country, symphony, celtic, etc. So I must have done something right, be it accidentally. LOL

See....it doesn't take a village (or a govt) to raise a kid, just a parent with their head firmly screwed on right!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
This is a extremely good recipe for fruit dip that is SOOOOO easy, a child can do it. It is wonderful to make for any party or just to enjoy by yourself.

1 jar of Kraft's Marshmellow Creme (I think it's 16 oz.)
1 package softened Philadelphia cream cheese
1/4 cup of Amaretto

Make sure cream cheese is at room temp and softened or it don't work.

Put cream cheese and marshmellow cream in a bowl and use mixer to blend well. Add amaretto and mix well again.

You can add another package of cream cheese if you like it cheesier. Add more amaretto if you like too. :)

Now, here's the fun part. Wash and cut up durn near any kind of fruit you like. It's better if the fruit and dip is chilled well. What works the best is:

Granny Smith apples or any crisp tart apple. The tart ones are actually better with this dip.
(Note: if you're not going to eat this right away, it's best to mix some Fruit Fresh in the apples to keep them pretty)

Kiwis-You would not believe how good these are in this dip. I can't eat kiwis alone, but in this dip, I cannot leave it alone!

Strawberries-probably the best of all!

Bananas-Best if added last so they don't turn brown, put toothpicks in cause they get a little slippery

Pineapple-My sis' fave.

I promise you, this is a finger licking good dip and you will not have any left. My sis and I have also made this on New Year's Eve as one of our traditional things we do.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
This is a extremely good recipe for fruit dip that is SOOOOO easy, a child can do it. It is wonderful to make for any party or just to enjoy by yourself.

1 jar of Kraft's Marshmellow Creme (I think it's 16 oz.)
1 package softened Philadelphia cream cheese
1/4 cup of Amaretto

Make sure cream cheese is at room temp and softened or it don't work.

Put cream cheese and marshmellow cream in a bowl and use mixer to blend well. Add amaretto and mix well again.

You can add another package of cream cheese if you like it cheesier. Add more amaretto if you like too. :)

Now, here's the fun part. Wash and cut up durn near any kind of fruit you like. It's better if the fruit and dip is chilled well. What works the best is:

Granny Smith apples or any crisp tart apple. The tart ones are actually better with this dip.
(Note: if you're not going to eat this right away, it's best to mix some Fruit Fresh in the apples to keep them pretty)

Kiwis-You would not believe how good these are in this dip. I can't eat kiwis alone, but in this dip, I cannot leave it alone!

Strawberries-probably the best of all!

Bananas-Best if added last so they don't turn brown, put toothpicks in cause they get a little slippery

Pineapple-My sis' fave.

I promise you, this is a finger licking good dip and you will not have any left. My sis and I have also made this on New Year's Eve as one of our traditional things we do.
Jo.......Thanks for posting......I think I shall try the Strawberries with that Dip....Sounds Yummy!!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Oh it is yummy. Seriously, try the kiwis. I had never tried a kiwi before I made that dip. My daughter talked me into it and I was glad. It's the only way I will eat kiwis because they are so sour. But with this dip they are outstanding. Don't be afraid of the fuzzy fruit! LOL You'll be surprised. :)
Not a big kiwi fan Jo.....all other fruits mentioned do apply:)The Wiz!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Only thinking snarky remarks... :D

I'll bet this stuff would be great as the base on a fruit pizza...with plenty of kiwi, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries...

OK - now I'm hungry.

Snarky?????? WTF is "snarky"???

I'm hungry too..... wanna send out for pizzia?
(A REAL one..not some fruity POS)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Snarky?????? WTF is "snarky"???

I'm hungry too..... wanna send out for pizzia?
(A REAL one..not some fruity POS)

Uh, Uh....... naughty remarks and off-topic flirting are NOT on the menu - only fruit pizza.

Unless, of course, you want to discuss real pizza toppings.....my fav's are the veggies - onions, red or green peppers, olives - but no mushrooms!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Only thinking snarky remarks... :D

I'll bet this stuff would be great as the base on a fruit pizza...with plenty of kiwi, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries...

OK - now I'm hungry.
Wow Vicks, I hadn't even thought of that one. It would probably bake ok since it's marshmellow creme and cream cheese. Might just have to try that. Wonderful idea. I can't tell you guys how good this stuff is. Every time I have ever served it people go nuts over it and I never, NEVER have any leftovers for me. :( LOL It is so easy to make too. You guys will have to try it and let me know how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread