Orbtronics 18650 2900mAh High Drain Version part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
However Bish assured me that the battery will turn itself off in case of a short. If you are still worried just don't leave it in your mod for a long time.
I knew something was happening! We are talking about these pd2900's, right? I was trying to pulse a short out on a mech, and it wouldn't fire! I was like, unprotected, but not firing and NO heat. Hmmm. I should at least see the short manifest for a second, right? NOPE! Wont-even-fire!

EDIT: Big laughs were had at the castle later that night...turns out the screw in my mech needed to be backed out just a hair to connect on the AGI, as the IGO-L and AGA-T have slightly longer contacts. Was sad for a second.

Last edited:

madgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Athens, Greece
Well after hearing all that good words about these batteries i couldn't resist getting some as my almost year old AWs are quite old now and not performing good enough on my 0,7 Ohms Dual Coil Iatty everyday setup.

But I really couldn't see the reason to get the Orbtronics. Let me explain:
These are the orbtronic protected cells
and these are the UnProtected NCR18650PD 's

The protected ones don't have the PD cells in right? They have the B's...Well Panasonic makes a protected one too. Why should i get the Orbtronic?

As far as the NCR18650PD which are the ones you reviewed they are still unprotected. I really don't understand what they've done more than take a Panasonic NCR18650PD and wrap it in a new label? I really want an answer in this.

I still went ahead and got the genuine Panasonic NCR18650PDs from FastTech .

The genuine Panasonic PDs are half the price (same price give or take for 2 batteries) and with WORLDWIDE free shipping in compare to the Orbtronic that wants 45+ USD for shipping in Europe.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Well after hearing all that good words about these batteries i couldn't resist getting some as my almost year old AWs are quite old now and not performing good enough on my 0,7 Ohms Dual Coil Iatty everyday setup.

But I really couldn't see the reason to get the Orbtronics. Let me explain:
These are the orbtronic protected cells
and these are the UnProtected NCR18650PD 's

The protected ones don't have the PD cells in right? They have the B's...Well Panasonic makes a protected one too. Why should i get the Orbtronic?

As far as the NCR18650PD which are the ones you reviewed they are still unprotected. I really don't understand what they've done more than take a Panasonic NCR18650PD and wrap it in a new label? I really want an answer in this.

I still went ahead and got the genuine Panasonic NCR18650PDs from FastTech .

The genuine Panasonic PDs are half the price (same price give or take for 2 batteries) and with WORLDWIDE free shipping in compare to the Orbtronic that wants 45+ USD for shipping in Europe.

Madgr thank you finally. I have been saying the same thing all the time but I'm weak at expressing things the right way :facepalm: I had to get the orbtronic because I needed button tops for provari. Otherwise definitely I would have gotten the original flat top ones. Don't like unprotection in my mechs.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Hmmm, I have 7 18650's currently.

I do hate to have to get up and change batteries also. I think that runtimes increases do not go up in a linear fashion but is more dependent on how that sag. That is what I think at least.

I wonder how much more usable energy there is in one of these when used in a Provari. If they will add at least an additional 2 hours of vape time on my Provari I want to get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread