Sokly

Apr 7, 2013
California

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Both seem pretty similar to me. The 3100 mAh description says it has double protection built-in, it may be a better choice by a slim margin.

Since you admit that you are new to mechs and sub ohm coils, I do hope you have already committed a large amount of time in researching how an RBA works, how to properly and safely set one up, have a multimeter and know how to use it, and know how to test the resistance of your coils.

Insure that you mech mod has vent holes and a collapsable hot spring. A Vape Safe Fuse is not a bad idea to use for added protection. Batteries : Vape Safe Mod Fuse 2

Despite what some will say, these are advanced delivery devices and can be quite dangerous if used in the wrong hands. Ultra low resistance coils are a controversial subject here because of their safety issues.

Good luck and happy vaping. :vapor:

Last edited:

Kamoch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
La Mirada, CA
Both seem pretty similar to me. The 3100 mAh description says it has double protection built-in, it may be a better choice by a slim margin.

Since you admit that you are new to mechs and sub ohm coils, I do hope you have already committed a large amount of time in researching how an RBA works, how to properly and safely set one up, have a multimeter and know how to use it, and know how to test the resistance of your coils.

Insure that you mech mod has vent holes and a collapsable hot spring. A Vape Safe Fuse is not a bad idea to use for added protection. Batteries : Vape Safe Mod Fuse 2

Despite what some will say, these are advanced delivery devices and can be quite dangerous if used in the wrong hands. Ultra low resistance coils are a controversial subject here because of their safety issues.

Good luck and happy vaping. :vapor:

Great advice from a guy who knows! Get a multimeter. They can be found cheap (under 10 bucks) & check your coils before firing it up. And don't discharge your batteries too low, I notice a drop in performance at about 3.5 volts on my AW IMR 18650s and change out after that. Protected or not, mech mods have no safety cutoff so the only way to vape safely is to be knowledgeable about your gear.

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California

jnmobile

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
San Jose, CA

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
I'm still new to the whole mech and sub olm coils thing and I was watching pbusardo's video on these batteries. I searched them up and found the 2900MAh and 3100MAh batteries. I was wondering which are safer and are just overall better.

2900MAh: NCR18650PD High Drain Panasonic 18650 2900 mAh Li-ion Battery free shipping from Florida

3100MAh: PANASONIC 18650 PROTECTED NCR18650A 3100mAh FREE Shipping from Florida-USA. 18650 cell-Made in Japan, Protection IC's-Made in Japan

Just email Orbtronic and get the right answer. 2900mah PD is much better battery for higher current (sub ohms). 3100mAh is made for flashlights, not the right choice for sub ohms.

For mech mods PD protected would be the best.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

DaFreeK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Osijek, Croatia
I'm still new to the whole mech and sub olm coils thing and I was watching pbusardo's video on these batteries. I searched them up and found the 2900MAh and 3100MAh batteries. I was wondering which are safer and are just overall better.

2900MAh: NCR18650PD High Drain Panasonic 18650 2900 mAh Li-ion Battery free shipping from Florida

Get those and you're good to go ;)

EDIT:

Here you have a better deal, 2 for under $15 https://www.fasttech.com/products/1233700
I ordered those yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread