Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I must have missed a hole lot but aren't Orbtronic battery's just rewrapped Panasonic's if not I understand, if yes then why not just by Panasonic at a lower price? Sorry no malice intended.

Yes you can. Orbtronic just rewrapped and added a nipple. If you don't need the nipple or extra wrapping go for the panasonic.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Yes you can. Orbtronic just rewrapped and added a nipple. If you don't need the nipple or extra wrapping go for the panasonic.
Its not that simple Aal, The orbtroncis have different variants and models do to amps, do to mahs, and load drop. They tweaked the last one which was the Orb 25 which gives the max volt on load vs the sx 30 and sx22s.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Its not that simple Aal, The orbtroncis have different variants and models do to amps, do to mahs, and load drop. They tweaked the last one which was the Orb 25 which gives the max volt on load vs the sx 30 and sx22s.
My comment was regarding the pd2900 I'm not sure about the rest. You know better.

1) Orbtronic PD2900: this Battery is best for Variable Voltage that doesn't exceed 10 amp applications.

I just ordered a Vapor Shark rDNA30 yesterday & I wanted to get some good 2600-3000mAh 18650's for it. I want the most mAh's possible while staying well within the amp limit of the rDNA30, which is apparently 10A but I heard Vapor Shark recommends using 30A IMR batteries.

I'll be using a Nautilus with the BVC heads & a Kayfun around 1.5ohm. Will I really need a 30A battery for that kind of vaping? The only real reason I ever went sub-ohm (.6-.8ohm) was because I had to in order to get the performance I wanted on a mechanical. I like a really warm, dense/saturated, flavorful vape & now I can get that with a 1.5ohm coil on a 30W regulated device.

I want to get the best (& biggest, mAh wise) battery possible for the rDNA30. Ive heard so many good things about the VTC5's & with 2600mAh & 30A's it seems like one of the best options. I like the extra 300mAh of the PD2900 but I'm worried the amp limit is to low. Do you think the PD2900 is a good battery for the rDNA30 or should I go with the VTC5 or maybe something else?

Also, these Panasonic batteries (Link Below) are different than the PD2900's right? What exactly is the difference?
(---PANASONIC NCR18650PD HIGH DRAIN 10A Hybrid IMR Li-on 18650---)

Last edited:

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I just ordered a Vapor Shark rDNA30 yesterday & I wanted to get some good 2600-3000mAh 18650's for it. I want the most mAh's possible while staying well within the amp limit of the rDNA30, which is apparently 10A but I heard Vapor Shark recommends using 30A IMR batteries.

I'll be using a Nautilus with the BVC heads & a Kayfun around 1.5ohm. Will I really need a 30A battery for that kind of vaping? The only real reason I ever went sub-ohm (.6-.8ohm) was because I had to in order to get the performance I wanted on a mechanical. I like a really warm, dense/saturated, flavorful vape & now I can get that with a 1.5ohm coil on a 30W regulated device.

I want to get the best (& biggest, mAh wise) battery possible for the rDNA30. Ive heard so many good things about the VTC5's & with 2600mAh & 30A's it seems like one of the best options. I like the extra 300mAh of the PD2900 but I'm worried the amp limit is to low. Do you think the PD2900 is a good battery for the rDNA30 or should I go with the VTC5 or maybe something else?

Also, these Panasonic batteries (Link Below) are different than the PD2900's right? What exactly is the difference?

Hi Bellow,

being that your using 1.5 ohms I gave you few examples in pics using ohm calculator.
here at 1.5 ohms max 30 watts not even going over 5 amps
2_zps21c5f6ea.jpg

at .25 ohms max setting of 30 watts close to 11 amps. (ya we know vapor shark wont fire at this setting but to show you if it did it will only use almost 11 amps
4_zps39e1ada2.jpg

say we wanted to know max setting of 30 amps 1.5 ohms here it is
45 volts @ 1350 watts
4_zps3254959f.jpg

since its variable voltage you really want to look at mahs as well as it has enough amps for your application.

Heres my recomendation:
If you dont plan on going over 7 amps then grab these
1) Orbtronic 3400mAh
Best 18650 li-ion battery 3400mAh (Panasonic inside) Protected Li-ion Orbtronic

if you going 10-18amps its what i use on dna30
2) New NCR18650PF High Drain Panasonic 18650 2900 mAh Li-ion Battery button top by Orbtronic

and if you want to toy with ohms law calculator
Ohm's Law Calculator

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

A dna 30 is a dc dc converter. What bishop explained above does apply to mechanicals but not VV/VW devices. I will provide a link for the details but what you must know for now is that the resistance of your coil has 0 influence on how much current is drawn from the battery. You have to calculate how much current is drawn from the output wattage, the current capacity of the battery and the efficiency factor. Assuming 30 watts and 90% accuracy you would need 33.33 watts at the battery. This means at 4 volts you are drawing 8.3 amps off the battery and when your battery is at 3.2 volts you are drawing 10.4 amps. This is whatever the resistance is. dna30 spec sheet also states that it might draw up to 12 amps. This is always at 30 watts irrespective of resistance. My advice stick to vtc5 2600. Its lower internal resistance and the ability to hold higher voltage at high amps might actually give you better lifetime than a pd2900. If you are sticking to less than 20 watts pd2900 might is probably safe but I cannot guarantee a better life than vtc5 although it has higher mah.

As for difference between orb pd2900 and panasonic pd2900 they are the same but orb has nipple top.

Link for explanation: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12495415

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I vape with my esterigon and tilemahos at 0.5-0.7 ohm. I couldn't understand why it is better to vape with orb PD2900 and not with the orb25?
As Bish said if you vape below 0.7oh it is better with PD2900 and the Orb25 could kill it

Sorry my friend I think you meant to say that anything below .7 ohms to use the ORB25 the PD2900 is more for Variable Voltage device.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Oh thanks Bish I misunderstood. And the difference between SX30 and SX22? It is only the amp limits and capacity? so many models :confused: Do you prefer ORB25 for esterigon and sub ohm?

I use and prefer the Orb25 without the nipples for esterigon. if use the one with nipples its a hit or miss because wrapper may get in way in negative pin of Esterigon. So I use the nipple free one so it works all the time.

How ever there is a new battery I am looking at but waiting for fluid vapor to get it to try out. Like to see how it stands next to Orb25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread