Status
Not open for further replies.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Here is my Kicked Xhaler wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl skin, matching Torpedo tank, in desperate need of a stainless cap.
DSC04677.jpg

Drew,
I'm not the first to make such a request.....

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Nice LOL...You are not the first, and I have discussed this with my shop. The thing is that the bottom cap is an insulator and it it was stainless it could/would short out the unit. We could machine in a delrin cap of some sort but it woul also extend the length...I guess I willl have to talk to one of my machining guys and see if they can come up with something. Thanks and nice looking rig you have there.
Drew

ps Actually I just looked at your pic again and realized you may be talking about the top cap!!! I will stil ask my machinist...

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Nice LOL...You are not the first, and I have discussed this with my shop. The thing is that the bottom cap is an insulator and it it was stainless it could/would short out the unit. We could machine in a delrin cap of some sort but it woul also extend the length...I guess I willl have to talk to one of my machining guys and see if they can come up with something. Thanks and nice looking rig you have there.
Drew

ps Actually I just looked at your pic again and realized you may be talking about the top cap!!! I will stil ask my machinist...

YES, the top cap. The bottom looks just fine with the button being there and all. But that brass top cap sandwinched against the stainless is less than attractive. Well, its not that bad, lets just say a bit out of place.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
I have told Drew that a few times myself. Need to update the top cap in SS and also get rid of the high "neck" on the connector to make it sit flush with tanks. The connector dates back to the dripping era.....did I just say era? and it works great for atty and carto use, but it's time for a little update. It's a proprietary thread that I can't quite figure out or I would have made one already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread