RDA Pontus Dripping Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Some one found a solution for the gurgling? that's the main reason I'm not using it daily, I'd love to find a solution for that.
BTW, if there's a v2 for this atty, any one knows what's the difference between them?

Thanks!
Tilt the Pontus back when you squonk with the juice hole at the lowest point. This will help the juice flow down the side wall instead of hanging out at the top.

Give a light puff down the driptip to clear the gurgle.

Place some of the wick on top of the airflow tabs so it can just touch the outer wall and suck the juice down into the well. As illustrated in my previous post #198.

That's the tricks I've learned so far...

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Some one found a solution for the gurgling? that's the main reason I'm not using it daily, I'd love to find a solution for that.
BTW, if there's a v2 for this atty, any one knows what's the difference between them?

Thanks!
Oh and V2's have two holes with little nozzles for juice to squonk through as opposed to one hole on the V1.

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
V2
e60f9cc0247b343b5e2d03bb41e6e345.jpg

Blackl1sted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
San Diego, CA

Do you or anyone else for that matter have the ability to measure the O/D and the length of the tubes on the V2? I have the V1 and just built it the other night and so far not impressed at all. The gurgling and sucking juice up the drip tip, and leaking out the air holes when trying to clear the tip and tube ruins it for me. I think the juice is running down the sides and going out the holes. I was hoping that this would be a good investment but I'm not a fan of V1. I might try to mod it like the V2 with the tube but it might just get cleaned and sold/traded/given away. I love that it has the glass to see the juice and can withstand the tank cracker juices but I haven't had luck with it yet. :mad:

Does the V2 have the gurgling problem? I would expect that V2 would drip the juice and not cling to the dome/sides of the atty. Is that correct?

Hondahawkrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Savage, Maryland, United States
Someone with V1.5 can confirm that it completely solved the gurgling issue??

BTW, how is it compared to the Big Dripper?

I have both, while the pontus is nice and definately usable... It's night and day to the bd... I have actually ordered another bd, a v2 that has a glass tank

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
After a few weeks with my v1, im gonna vote 'Meh'.

I like the concept and aesthetics of the tank, but (as mentioned) the gurgling and its frequent leaking, regardless of build, makes its lose quite a bit of its luster.

Also mine is ever so slightly off on the machining and has a tiny tiny bit of lean to it.

If someone would make this style tank to fit a veritas style deck, i'd be set.

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
Anyone have a good idea how to close the smaller dripping hole in Pontus V1? I only need the bigger one (filling hole? the one that came with a screw) and I'd really like to close the smaller one, but I need to be careful with it so it won't melt or release some weird chemicals when it heats up.

Last edited:

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
I wonder what gauge blunt needle would fit in there and act as a little straw.... you could jame it in there and have it end up closer to the coils possibly?
Ok so a month and a half later I tried your tip and it works amazing with 14g needle, I closed the smaller hole with a thin rubber (small piece from an o-ring I had).
Pontus-v1-mod - Imgur
The liquid inside the cap is probably water, my ejuice right now is 100% VG, almost no gurgling so far.

Last edited:

Blackl1sted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
San Diego, CA
Ok so a month and a half later I tried your tip and it works amazing with 14g needle, I closed the smaller hole with a thin rubber (small piece from an o-ring I had).
Pontus-v1-mod - Imgur
The liquid inside the cap is probably water, my ejuice right now is 100% VG, almost no gurgling so far.

I was thinking the same type of thing but for the actual drip hole. How do you think it would work on 50/50? That is what I normally vape. How tight was the needle in the hole? Did you drill it out or just shove it in there?

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
I used 60/40 and still works fine
you need to remember that the needle inner diameter is much smaller than the outer one so using one in the dripping hole will make it super tiny
and 14g was really tight, it took me few seconds to get it through (without drilling).

BTW I got "The Big Dripper" yesterday, it's so much better IMO, waiting for the one with the clear tube to arrive (ordered from Vape95, should be here tomorrow).

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
How does v1.5 do with 100% VG juice? v1 works great with 100% VG and I want to order a second one. I also tried out a Big Dripper clone, but I don't like it as much. While I'm sure I could improve the flavor on it by adjusting coils, the drip mechanism doesn't work well with thick juice and it's a pain to build and fill and since you can't see how much juice is left it's a pain to use. Overall, I must say I am much happier with the Pontus when it's built properly.

Edit: And for those that are getting a gurgle, I found that happens when juice collects on the coil screw for the center pin. I ended up tapping the center pin in a little further and the issue went away, though if you try it you do so at your own risk. I discovered this after dropping it and noticing the air flow was restricted when I went to use it again. I used the blunt end of a medium screw driver to tap the center pin and it's working better than ever now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread