RDA Pontus Dripping Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Alright Im loving that more auto style drippers are being designed :hashbrown: innovations lol

sig-153231.jpg

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
This guy said it would probably leak with anything thinner than 20% PG. Honestly I'd love to vape only high VG but unfortunately most of my favorite flavors comes at 50/50-60/40.
I anyway ordered it because it looks like what I expected the 3D dripper to be.
I have no clue how EHpro/china doing QA, placing 2 holes at the bottom of the tank with no vacuum looks crazy to me :)

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Ordering one as well. This looks awesome... like it might even fit on top of some of my "Tobh-sized" atomizers. I might be able to just grab the top half and throw it on whatever atty i want when i need to get in the car or head out for drinks etc. High hopes. Just worried about the holes as well. Two holes on the bottom... on pretty huge. We will see.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
dang, wish i had seen this before i dropped my vape budget for this paycheck on the Mutation X and some juice yesterday lol. Definitely going to look into this further. Definitely looks like everything i need for dripping & driving lol

Exactly what i want it for! No messing (dangerously) about with a bottle while at a stop light... just push the top down and drip some juice. Can't believe i've never seen this before... unless it's brand new.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Exactly what i want it for! No messing (dangerously) about with a bottle while at a stop light... just push the top down and drip some juice. Can't believe i've never seen this before... unless it's brand new.

from what it appears from video reviews and such, its only been out for a few weeks. definitely on my list for the next purchase. only thing i'd do is get rid of those pesky "tobh" airflow tabs so i can do my preferred center post builds.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

i believe it is indeed brand new. and yup, great for the car. why is it that i got tons of red lights before i vaped, but now its all green?? :lol:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I wonder if this will start a new wave of top cap tanks.

Like the base is basically a dripper, wouldn't be hard to recreate the tank portion for other dripppers like IGO Ws type thing

I was actually just talking about the same very thing! This is supposed to be able to fit on the Tobh from all accounts... so something like this... or an even simpler version which just utilized the top most horizontal cap version would be very cool!

The first person that makes a Plume Veil compatible drip-well top cap... will make $$$. I can't imagine the quality vape of the PV with out dripping on the road, at bars etc.

islandgirl305

Moved On
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: supplier posting in unauthorized area

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
After watching some vids on this atty apparently unless you use a super high VG juice it leaks fairly easily out of the tank. :(

Comparing this to the Subohm Innovations atty which is the same concept:

The Big Dripper RDTA | Sub Ohm Innovations

The SOI one has only a single small hole in the bottom of the tank, where as the pontus has a large hole and a small hole. Apparently the SOI dripper holds juice great, why the heck did they put two holes (and such a big one) on the Pontus? Seems like a very silly design flaw. A single small hole should be ideal to hold pressure, like putting your finger on top a straw to hold liquid inside. Where as the Pontus basically has one hole to let juice out, and another to let air in, which causes leaking.

I'm thinking maybe getting a poly screw and putting it in the big hole would solve the problem. Think I'll wait for the price to drop a bit before I experiment though.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
After watching some vids on this atty apparently unless you use a super high VG juice it leaks fairly easily out of the tank. :(

Comparing this to the Subohm Innovations atty which is the same concept:

The Big Dripper RDTA | Sub Ohm Innovations

The SOI one has only a single small hole in the bottom of the tank, where as the pontus has a large hole and a small hole. Apparently the SOI dripper holds juice great, why the heck did they put two holes (and such a big one) on the Pontus? Seems like a very silly design flaw. A single small hole should be ideal to hold pressure, like putting your finger on top a straw to hold liquid inside. Where as the Pontus basically has one hole to let juice out, and another to let air in, which causes leaking.

I'm thinking maybe getting a poly screw and putting it in the big hole would solve the problem. Think I'll wait for the price to drop a bit before I experiment though.

That's been the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the Pontus. ... did they put two holes on the "drip deck" for lol?! i was thinking inserting a cotton "wick-plug" or something into the larger hole would stop/slow juice leaking out of that one and force juice out the small hole... but you might be on to something...

You could just tap the larger hole and use a small machine screw with o-ring and use that large hole as a juice fill! Which would be damn amazing. Hmmm... ok might have to buy now...

pontus04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread