rqPe4Nk.jpg
What colors are those bud, .

They look awesome!

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
Ok so heres my issue, my Gdna wouldnt turn on or fire when it was all assembled, but when i slid out the inside and pressed the on board fire button, the screen came to life! Wattage buttons up/ down all worked. So after that I figured it may of been in the top cap, so i took that apart and made all my solder connections better. So now, 5 min ago, i put it all together with a battery and atty. As soon as i press the top cap and deans together the freaking thing auto fires and does not stop. Also while auto firing, the screen does NOT come on... Whats up with my mod guys?

-M
First of all, it sounds like your button is sticking. Second, if it's a large screen, it may be a loose connection? I don't know about the screen.

Reactions: rudy4653

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
First of all, it sounds like your button is sticking. Second, if it's a large screen, it may be a loose connection? I don't know about the screen.
Nah the button wasnt sticking it isnt working at all. The board only comes on with the on board chip button.. I think I found the reason why the mod was auto firing, when i had all the guts stuffed into the shell, the Wattage control wires were pressed up against the on board button. Thats what i think.. I since rearranged the wires. And i even took out the clicky button and replaced it with the silent one, still not firing and or turning on....

Such a bummer

-M

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I had screen problems caused by the up/down button wires pressing on the screen cable. I ended up using very very thin wire from a dead usb cable. They contain about 8 strands of spider silk thin wire. They didn't push on the screen at all and everything worked fine. The thicker sturdy 22 gauge wire caused problems. There is no stress on these wires once you close up the case so anything is strong enough.

Reactions: RGLP4Lyfe

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Tom...your best bet is... Cerakote Coatings: Finishes

Type in "blue" in the search function. They have real pictures of applied finishes.
You haven't gotten screwed by cerakote yet then, a lot of those pics are not the colors they are labeled as, you gotta be careful when you pic a color, I've got a couple that are totally different.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Mine is large screen. Those thin wires were easy to stick in since they are as flexible as dental floss.
Im going to rip apart a usb cable today. Hopefully they all have those silk wires. And as for the close up board pics, im going to do those now but not sure how good they'll be, only have my smart phone at the moment...

-M

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
No, no battery sag, these are fairly new vtc4's and a purple efest, which I use with my other 4 dna 40's with no problem, plus I tried several atty's which I use on my other mods. I pretty much trouble shot (is that usable vernacular??) the whole thing out, and short of desoldering what I truly feel are well soldered contacts and starting over; this sucker is bad, as in got a problem. I never had this happen before, but after working with it a while it started locking up, which I see as another symptom of a problem board.

Reactions: mackman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread