Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Kurrpt, what would you do after donating all your expertise, time and effort to the ECF community, and were treated this way.

If it were me, and all these folks that benefited so greatly from my efforts did nothing about it, I'd bag my marbles and go home too

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
Kurrpt, what would you do after donating all your expertise, time and effort to the ECF community, and were treated this way.

If it were me, and all these folks that benefited so greatly from my efforts did nothing about it, I'd bag my marbles and go home too

you'd have to ask yourself why you were doing it in the first place...

don't think anyone can fault George for making a profit off his design but pulling his design off of those 2 sites out of spite hurts the people he was trying to help, ultimately

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
in all fairness to ecf it is a very rare occasion where somebody offers his creations without making a profit ............

but jumping the gun without communicating made the situation much worse :( and i imagine george was hurt by the way this was done. maybe in time he'll reconsider

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States
you'd have to ask yourself why you were doing it in the first place...

don't think anyone can fault George for making a profit off his design but pulling his design off of those 2 sites out of spite hurts the people he was trying to help, ultimately
I have no problems with a designer/modder wanting to make a profit but that's not how George operated with this mod. He didn't care about the money. George is a genuine person with a heart to help people. But according to ECF rules, you can't be associated with anything outside of ECF with your product on a 3rd party institution (shapeways) without being a registered supplier which costs $50 a year to be. So ECF is basically telling George to either register as a registered supplier or you can no longer host your device. Another wards, ECF wants a piece of the action.

Sent from The Truck O shop

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I have no problems with a designer/modder wanting to make a profit but that's not how George operated with this mod. He didn't care about the money. George is a genuine person with a heart to help people. But according to ECF rules, you can't be associated with anything outside of ECF with your product on a 3rd party institution (shapeways) without being a registered supplier which costs $50 a year to be. So ECF is basically telling George to either register as a registered supplier or you can no longer host your device. Another wards, ECF wants a piece of the action.

Ahhh, so since it was named "GDeals shop" or whatever the hell the called it, he was indirectly drumming up business for their site and ECF wasn't profiting so they eventually pulled the plug. Yea, that's pretty lame.

but then, why wouldn't you pull everything from their shop, provided you want to come back?

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Ahhh, so since it was named "GDeals shop" or whatever the hell the called it, he was indirectly drumming up business for their site and ECF wasn't profiting so they eventually pulled the plug. Yea, that's pretty lame.

but then, why wouldn't you pull everything from their shop, provided you want to come back?
That's a good question. I'm assuming he's partners with livewiremods because that is the only place now you can get his mods, IMO so the non profit mod just became a profit making mod.

Sent from The Truck O Shop

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC

For clarification you are not even permitted to give stuff away. If you do you are considered a supplier per ECF rules. There have been cases where members were giving away things to whomever asked, say like a home made mod cover or whatever. They had to cease and desist or become a registered supplier.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
For clarification you are not even permitted to give stuff away. If you do you are considered a supplier per ECF rules. There have been cases where members were giving away things to whomever asked, say like a home made mod cover or whatever. They had to cease and desist or become a registered supplier.

you don't have to convince me that ECF has a plethora of rules I think are stupid lol

TruckerMSA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2014
Exactly, so at what point is the grey area of this forum transitioned from community to Buisness...

Sent from The Truck O Shop

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
george has to decide what's best for him.
i know only one thing, if somebody had contacted george to make him aware of what his affiliation with sw meant in regards to his status on ecf, the $50 a year wouldn't have fazed george. but having your account changed to 'moved on' without any communication is very hard to digest.

btw @BlueSnake - ecf has a section where you can pif anything you want to find a new home for ;)

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
george has to decide what's best for him.
i know only one thing, if somebody had contacted george to make him aware of what his affiliation with sw meant in regards to his status on ecf, the $50 a year wouldn't have fazed george. but having your account changed to 'moved on' without any communication is very hard to digest.

btw @BlueSnake - ecf has a section where you can pif anything you want to find a new home for ;)

One off items, but not the same thing consistently. Like I said I've seen it happen.
@tiburonfirst I'd be happy to give you specifics via messaging, I just didn't think it proper to post on open forum.

Reactions: tiburonfirst

strongdad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
TX
Hi everyone! I recently traded for a livewire mods built gdna and I got it today. I read the document that came with it and I'm using LG he2 batteries positive down and I can't get the mod to work. I've tried multiple different batteries and taken the spacer off to make a better connection but It won't turn on at all. I've contacted the seller and livewire but in the meantime is there anything you guys recommend trying before I have to send it to someone?

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Hi everyone! I recently traded for a livewire mods built gdna and I got it today. I read the document that came with it and I'm using LG he2 batteries positive down and I can't get the mod to work. I've tried multiple different batteries and taken the spacer off to make a better connection but It won't turn on at all. I've contacted the seller and livewire but in the meantime is there anything you guys recommend trying before I have to send it to someone?
Try another battery first and see if that works. If not there may be an issue with wiring.

Reactions: strongdad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread