Status
Not open for further replies.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Sweet! I suppose there could be a barb on the tip of pin that takes the silicone tube, sort of like the water cooling PC setups have. Then the sealing pressure comes from the sides of the silicone tubing and not a vertical pressure interfering with the magnets again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
V3 is complete.

Shapeways delivered! I gotta say this is not an easy mod to put together. Tight tolerances, very small soldering spaces and a bit of patience to get a perfect fit between printed parts. The 3D printer leaves some residual powder on the white strong flexible material and that need to be cleaned-up But after a good scrub with a micro-brush and some small tweaks with a file, the parts fit very well. The upside is that there is no need for creating windows, screen or chip holders, etc. Each hardware component fits perfectly. The internal structure slides perfectly into the body and aligns with the top cap. I incorporated the body ring for stability and for what I think is an improved look.

The mod requires a number of specialized hardware pieces, all readily available, but it costs some $. The printed parts were fairly pricey too. But overall the result is really nice!

I need to put together a parts list, (mouser, digikey, McMaster, etc..), but if any one is interested in a doing a beta, PM me.

I have a pic of parts below, but I missed on the tact switch and fuses. I'll get the final list together and provide a link for printing up the parts shortly.

The device weighs in at 75g with out an atty or battery. With a cyclone and battery its ~155g.

This thing is sweet!

eqhSgRp.jpg

yvU3y0I.jpg

gxzYPY3.jpg

l6axuhn.jpg

Tcq5kHn.jpg

frugFAn.jpg

Ryjloee.jpg

2CpgfLJ.jpg

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
How much did it end up costing for the shapeways parts?

I had multiple orders during the development process with different configurations on specific parts, but I would say around 80-90 bucks for a set of printed parts??? But I need to really go back and package up the hole mod as assembled.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
For a mod that looks that good and im sure functions great, that is not bad in price! I cannot wait to see all the final parts list. Also did you drill the positive pin yourself?

Yea, its not cheap. but it not too bad, but you need to add in the chip and the hardware. The positive pin is just a drilled out 6-32 SS pan head. I used a 1/16th bit and tapered the head down to 5.5 mm (for the fat daddy) by chucking it in a drill and using some sandpaper.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
gdeal - This is really looking good.

Have the circumstance with deformation been resolved? Is the feed 'tilt and squonk' or 'squankable upright?'

I'm guessing that everything together will be approaching $200.

Will you be including hardware in a parts/cost/source list?

Thanks for sharing your efforts and documentation.

I had multiple orders during the development process with different configurations on specific parts, but I would say around 80-90 bucks for a set of printed parts??? But I need to really go back and package up the hole mod as assembled.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Thanks!

No deformation at all now. The V3 external pieces are rock solid. The deformation happened in V1 because the top cap was basically a thin flat piece and the material was "White Strong and Flexible". That material has a threshold for stiffness, thin is really flexible, thick can be solid. I was below the threshold (obviously lol). For V3, the top cap is thicker and is now a shell, so it also has additional structural strength coming from the side walls.

It works just just like a Reo etc. so I guess than squonkable upright?

Overall cost will depend upon the material used for the print. I used White Strong Flexible for the internal (least expensive material) and Alumide (more expensive) for the externals. The button is black detailed plastic (more expensive).

Yes, I will provide a hardware list with direct links to the vendors. I'll put their current pricing on the list as well.

gdeal - This is really looking good.

Have the circumstance with deformation been resolved? Is the feed 'tilt and squonk' or 'squankable upright?'

I'm guessing that everything together will be approaching $200.

Will you be including hardware in a parts/cost/source list?

Thanks for sharing your efforts and documentation.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
The device weighs in at 75g with out an atty or battery. With a cyclone and battery its ~155g.

This thing is sweet!

That's right in line with my #1 mod at present. It's a Vamo board in a DXtreme charger box and one 18650 with an Aqua and juice at 152g.

Sweet indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread