ProChat - All Things ProVape and Beyond (except Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Where is everybody at? I've been at work since 6, and bored out of my mind.

And nobody's here.

Wake up people, you'd think it was Sunday or something.:lol::lol:
I was sleeping. :blush:

I'm the only one in the office on the weekends. So it's safe. The warehouse and call center are in another part of the building. And people here know not to bug the grumpy old man.;)

Tomorrow, is our busiest day of the year. So I'm doing a little maintenance.

Do you think, If I spray the servers down with WD40, they'll go faster?o_O
Be glad you're not where I work.
Our software program is OLD, OLD, OLD...it doesn't like running on the newer server or computers. It sometimes takes 15 minutes to complete simple tasks....or it crashes and they have to restart and do-over, or their printers don't work, or, or, or....wash, rinse, repeat.
Owner doesn't want to spend 30k on new software.
Our "IT" person is also our controller, things have gotten just advanced enough that she has to really search and research to try to figure things out now, it's a mess...how she's not in a mental ward somewhere is beyond me.

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
...then there's ransom ware...she's had to deal with that on 3 computers in the last 6-8 months.
You should get her a book for Christmas.
51i%2BWJb2aML._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
The other thing that seems to come into play is McAfee.
That's what she subscribes to and has preloaded on any new computers purchased.
I don't think it stops much. :unsure:
But we just keep paying them $3000 a year.
We used McAfee for years. And had a couple problems. Switched to Kaspersky Security Center a couple years ago. And it seems a lot better. It gives great control over updates, and what different groups of machines can do.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
We used McAfee for years. And had a couple problems. Switched to Kaspersky Security Center a couple years ago. And it seems a lot better. It gives great control over updates, and what different groups of machines can do.
One of our other locations uses that. :)

Here's one that will give you a chuckle...
We were at DH's parents last week (in Mi) for early Thanksgiving. He commented that it just takes him FOREVER to unsubscribe from all the junk emails that he gets. :blink: How you have to open each one and manually unsubscribe...:facepalm:
Oh, and the upside is that he pays almost all his bills, and does most all his banking online. :D
Retired from IBM he sure did. :lol:

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
When do you get off?

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Rephrasing)

When will you next be not working? :lol:
And no stickers (just-by-the-way).
Next day off will be Dec 24th. Then a catalog drops that Monday. So I will work every week until the last week in January.

The good news is, I never have time to X-Mas shop. So my wife loves everything she picks out for herself.:w00t:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Next day off will be Dec 24th. Then a catalog drops that Monday. So I will work every week until the last week in January.

The good news is, I never have time to X-Mas shop. So my wife loves everything she picks out for herself.:w00t:

You work EVERY DAY from now until CHRISTMAS?????? :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread