protovapor xpv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
I just ordered mine yesterday. They said that it should ship tomorrow. This is my first DNA20 mod, I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

You won't be dissapointed. Been meaning to do another post on mine but wanted to "wring it out" for a bit first. So far it's a great machine. My ProVari is getting lonely. :laugh:

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
Mine has been sitting in a Hawaii sort facility for the last 2 days. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, I'm in Indiana. Not sure how this is going to work.

I ordered some juice from MBV which is on the other side of the US from me. Just checked, it's still sitting in the sort facility. Delivery date, tomorrow. It will be in my mailbox tomorrow. That tracking thing is about useless I have found unless you send it insured and needing a signature. Then they keep it right updated.

Ktulu

Nov 3, 2013
Indianapolis
I ordered some juice from MBV which is on the other side of the US from me. Just checked, it's still sitting in the sort facility. Delivery date, tomorrow. It will be in my mailbox tomorrow. That tracking thing is about useless I have found unless you send it insured and needing a signature. Then they keep it right updated.

Currently USPS is doing free $50 insurance for priority shipping I believe, no sig required though. I checked today and it says its in Indiana now. So that's good. Anyone figure out how to swap batteries?

Sent from my XT912

Shahzh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Malaysia
Forgotten about the teaser pic that was sent to me before it was shipped....

null_zpsc03a4969.jpg

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
This sounds like a great device -- just put in an order. What sealed the deal was the fact that I emailed Protovapor with some questions yesterday (Sat) and got a reply (with complete answers) today (Sun). Been looking for a replacement for the Futura since I bailed out of my pre-order there, and this looks like it will fit the bill nicely.

Went for the 18650 size, Panny battery, black with red button, pocket clip and low-profile 510. Looking forward to trying it out, and will post my impressions once I get it.

scott808

Aug 20, 2013
Pearl City, HI
Would love to see some pics of these next to some other common mods...

Trying to decide between this and the Futura, or just getting a Provari and waiting for the DNA-20 devices to get settled.

Here's a pic of the protovapor 18650, Provari 2.5 in 18650 mode, a provari mini in 18350 and a protovapor mini.

apyvaguv.jpg

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks for all of the info guys, I saw Shawzh pic on the pics of your set up thread and love the looks of this mod. I currently enjoy the heck out of my Fazedboxmods budget DNA but unfortunately it looks like he won't be making them any longer. This looks much more durable and work friendly than my budget DNA. I will be placing a order very soon.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
I seem to prefer the feel of the Protovapor, it feels easier to grip and to hold on to. Plus I like the fire button much more than the one on the Provari.

Sweet thanks, one more question for ya, is the belt clip removable? Like can you just pop those four screws out and take it on or off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread