protovapor xpv

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott808

Aug 20, 2013
Pearl City, HI
Sweet thanks, one more question for ya, is the belt clip removable? Like can you just pop those four screws out and take it on or off?

I haven't tried taking off the belt clip and didn't try popping off those four screws either.

My mini originally came with no clip, but I sent it back to Protovapor to have the clip installed once they started offering that as an option.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Sweet thanks, one more question for ya, is the belt clip removable? Like can you just pop those four screws out and take it on or off?

Jameth -- that was my question as well, and one of the ones I asked Protovapor in my email. The response from them was that it can be removed. The removal method was not specified, but I assume it's just a matter of screw removal. With that in mind, I ordered mine with a clip. If it's annoying, I can always remove it.

(And apologies scott808 for jumping in on a question that was asked of you)

scott808

Aug 20, 2013
Pearl City, HI
Jameth -- that was my question as well, and one of the ones I asked Protovapor in my email. The response from them was that it can be removed. The removal method was not specified, but I assume it's just a matter of screw removal. With that in mind, I ordered mine with a clip. If it's annoying, I can always remove it.

(And apologies scott808 for jumping in on a question that was asked of you)

No worries hazozita!

scott808

Aug 20, 2013
Pearl City, HI
Would love to see a pic of one of the XPV's next to an iTaste MVP.

I don't own an MVP, but here's a pic with the VTR.

egeseje5.jpg

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
I don't own an MVP, but here's a pic with the VTR.

egeseje5.jpg

Sweet thanks,

Looks like the 18650 version, with a flat 510 connector, is gonna be almost the same total length as my MVP with the EGO connector.

My kayfun Lite wants a new home, I'm glad to see it wont be to much longer then it is on the MVP.

Shahzh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Malaysia

It's removable by unscrewing the four screws from the top. Mine comes with a spare without clip.

scott808: How long does the 18350 battery last? Thought of getting the 350 as well.

scott808

Aug 20, 2013
Pearl City, HI
It's removable by unscrewing the four screws from the top. Mine comes with a spare without clip.

scott808: How long does the 18350 battery last? Thought of getting the 350 as well.

The battery on the mini lasts about 5 or 6 hours, and I'm a chain vaper too. It's about the same time or better than the Provari Mini in 18350 mode.

scott808

Aug 20, 2013
Pearl City, HI
Sweet thanks.

So were the Provari's your main daily driver mods or was it something else?

Has the XPV overthrown your daily driver?

Well, my Provari's were one of the main mods I was using, as well as a VTR here and there. I'd say now, the XPV is my go-to mod.

I still use the Provari's, as I have a huge collection of AW batteries and extension caps for both the mini and the full size, but not as much as I used to. Who knows? I might end up selling one of them soon.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Well, my Provari's were one of the main mods I was using, as well as a VTR here and there. I'd say now, the XPV is my go-to mod.

I still use the Provari's, as I have a huge collection of AW batteries and extension caps for both the mini and the full size, but not as much as I used to. Who knows? I might end up selling one of them soon.

Right on.

I think an XPV and a Provari would make a good combo, lots of built in battery and easy recharge on the XPV, and the ability to carry a whole bunch of pre-charged batteries for the Provari if you were say going camping or something that the easy USB charging of the XPV isn't as practical.

Or maybe just carry a couple MVP's around to charge the XPV hehe

Last edited:

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Probably gonna pull the trigger on one of these later today, one more question for ya though.

Do you have something that is dual coil and can take the full 20 watts without blowing up?

I just want to be sure that the battery they use can actually deliver 20 watts at the output.

I don't know about the DNA 20, but with the original guts of a Darwin, if you connected it to a battery that couldn't quite keep up, and turned the Darwin board to full power (12.7 watts or something) the output into an atty would kind of "pulse" like it was trying to hit full power, but then got cut off, then on then off.

I don't know if that was something the Darwin's chip was doing, or if the battery's protection circuit was causing it.

So yea, just wanna be sure it can comfortably hit 20 watts without capping itself for some reason or another.

Last edited:

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
ah I'm sure it can keep up...

So I went ahead and submitted an order, or a request for an order I guess, I went with an all blacked out XPV 18650, black body, button, and trim. Got it with the "standard" clicky button, and the "standard" battery which is a 2900 MAH Panasonic battery, rated for 10 amps.

They are out of town this week, but, fingers crossed, maybe I'll actually get it by next weekend!

Guess I have no idea though really how fast they get these out, or how many orders they may have pilling up while they are out...

There doesn't really seem to be much buzz about these though, so hopefully I will get one quick :)

Last edited:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
ah I'm sure it can keep up...

So I went ahead and submitted an order, or a request for an order I guess, I went with an all blacked out XPV 18650, black body, button, and trim. Got it with the "standard" clicky button, and the "standard" battery which is a 2900 MAH Panasonic battery, rated for 10 amps.

They are out of town this week, but, fingers crossed, maybe I'll actually get it by next weekend!

Guess I have no idea though really how fast they get these out, or how many orders they may have pilling up while they are out...

There doesn't really seem to be much buzz about these though, so hopefully I will get one quick :)

I would guess that you shouldn't have to wait too long. I paid for mine on Sunday, and got an email with an estimated ship date of Dec 2 since they are out this week. My order is pretty much the same as yours, except that I opted for the red button and the flush 510 connection.

Now the only wild card is the USPS. Hopefully the shipping will be uneventful, unlike an order I placed from a vendor in NJ last month. It shipped out right on time, but according to the tracking, went from NJ to San Diego, then to Nevada, then Pennsylvania, and finally to me in VA. On the plus side, I got a few thousand miles worth of steep time on the juices I ordered.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
I would guess that you shouldn't have to wait too long. I paid for mine on Sunday, and got an email with an estimated ship date of Dec 2 since they are out this week. My order is pretty much the same as yours, except that I opted for the red button and the flush 510 connection.

Now the only wild card is the USPS. Hopefully the shipping will be uneventful, unlike an order I placed from a vendor in NJ last month. It shipped out right on time, but according to the tracking, went from NJ to San Diego, then to Nevada, then Pennsylvania, and finally to me in VA. On the plus side, I got a few thousand miles worth of steep time on the juices I ordered.

Sweet, I also got the flush 510, and ALMOST got the red button, but in the end decided to just black it all out heh.

Looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread