protovapor xpv

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
I believe they are based in Hawaii. Not 100% sure, however.

That would explain the email I got at almost 2 am local time last night, regarding payment information, they would be 3 hours behind me heh.

I am impressed they replied to my purchase submission in less then 24 hours on Thanksgiving, while they are out of town to boot!

They also answered a question I had put on the order form, so it was definitely a personalized response, really feeling happy with my purchase already, and I haven't even gotten the product yet :)

Maybe I have just been following the Futura thread to closely...

NexGen could learn a lesson or two from Protovapor!

Last edited:

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Not sure about the charger cable, mine will be shipped thursday or friday it sounds like.

Has anyone taken one apart yet?

I am really curious how the battery is situated in there, since it says it is "user replaceable at end of life", as well as the general build quality inside.

If no ones brave enough to do it and take some pics, I certainly will be once I get mine :)

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Before I ordered I asked about how to replace the battery and how difficult a job it was. Protovapor replied:

3. The battery can be replaced with just a screwdriver, you would open the casing up, unplug the existing battery, and plug the new one in. I would say difficulty is medium. However it is not intended to be replaced until its end-of-life. This should not be for quite a while. It is an internal-battery mod.

I'd also love to see some pics of the innards. Mine should be shipping by tomorrow (hopefully!), but don't think I'll be brave enough to crack it open for a while.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Before I ordered I asked about how to replace the battery and how difficult a job it was. Protovapor replied:

3. The battery can be replaced with just a screwdriver, you would open the casing up, unplug the existing battery, and plug the new one in. I would say difficulty is medium. However it is not intended to be replaced until its end-of-life. This should not be for quite a while. It is an internal-battery mod.

I'd also love to see some pics of the innards. Mine should be shipping by tomorrow (hopefully!), but don't think I'll be brave enough to crack it open for a while.

I wonder what they mean by "unplug" the battery?

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
You guys that have already gotten yours, did you receive an email with tracking number and info, or did it just show up?

I got an email via the PayPal shipping service with the tracking number. Left Honolulu yesterday; supposed to get to VA on Saturday. Let the mailman stalking begin!

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
I got an email via the PayPal shipping service with the tracking number. Left Honolulu yesterday; supposed to get to VA on Saturday. Let the mailman stalking begin!

Mine should ship today or tomorrow according to the email they sent me, I probably won't see mine till next week :(

Ah well, can't wait!

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Anyone know of any square toppers? I haven't been able to find any. A square atty would compliment this mod nicely.

Would be tough to screw together a square, and especially hard to make sure the lines would line up with the square mod, would have to have some clever construction.

I guess something like a carto tank could be squared and work, and could be rotated to match the lines of the XPV without rotating the actual carto.

I actually think a 22mm round topper looks quite nice on it in pics, I like the combo of straight lines and curves.

I have always preferred box mods over tube mods though...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread