Question for Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheriff420

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
NC
I've had a few that are reminiscent of the time when I was a teenager and decided to roll and try to smoke a sun dried tobacco leaf. It was like the smoke off a sheet of paper, not pleasant. It almost happens these days and it's because I'm not paying attention and run the tank dry. Luckily I do notice an off taste before I get to the burnt paper/throat searing hit and it's just a not so great hit.

Reactions: Dan40

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
In my short time vaping had it happened twice (I'm talking about a fully blown ones - in your face, like a Mike Tyson punch and not the whimpy, what I call a pre-dry hits). First one in the store when tasting the juice. Second one when I went from a dropper at 80watts to a KF5 tanks and didn't change the wattage. Gawd, they're awful.

redstripe787

Multiple ID Suspension
Jan 4, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
images

You're vaping along, watching TV, reading, or vaping mindlessly for some reason and suddenly there's this terrible burnt taste in your mouth.

After the first time you know what it is. Your low juice alarm didn't go off. You'll be more watchful after that and detect it 3 or 4 hits before the really bad stuff enters your mouth.

You've entered the Harsh Hit Zone!

Hack! Hack! Hack!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I recently got the Stainless Tank for my Nautilus Mini the phallic one as it was called by another member and I had to retire that tank in a week because it was hard to tell where the liquid level was and I started to fry a couple of coils. Now I have the other one like a mess which you an see the level!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I recently got the Stainless Tank for my Nautilus Mini the phallic one as it was called by another member and I had to retire that tank in a week because it was hard to tell where the liquid level was and I started to fry a couple of coils. Now I have the other one like a mess which you an see the level!

First thing I do with a new atomizer is remove the SS center section and install some sort of glass or polycarbonate section to allow me to turn the tank level with the floor and see how much juice is left. :)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
First thing I do with a new atomizer is remove the SS center section and install some sort of glass or polycarbonate section to allow me to turn the tank level with the floor and see how much juice is left. :)

Nautilus Minis come with glass tanks I broke it so many times in less than a month I depleted the stock at the local vape shop! Now with the mesh style no problem.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Nautilus Minis come with glass tanks I broke it so many times in less than a month I depleted the stock at the local vape shop! Now with the mesh style no problem.

I have a full sized Nautilus that hasn't felt heat in about 3 years. It was a good tank, but the coil costs were way too much. I broke a couple of glass tanks on that one. It was the reason I went to rebuildable tanks.

I've been vaping Kayfuns since then. I haven't broken a single tank section in that time. That even includes a couple of drops on the kitchen floor. Most of them are polycarbonate. Some worry about polycarbonate lasting, but all of mine are still glass clear after years of use.

Last edited:

jamesbeat

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2016
I tootle puff unflavored liquid.
That may sound weird, but to be honest, it's pretty close to an ultralight cigarette, and I came to prefer it after trying it as an experiment.

Because my liquid doesn't have any flavorings, it doesn't tend to clog my wicks.

This is good, because the novelty of building my own coils wore off pretty quick and now it's a chore to me.

I use dry hits (or burnt hits I guess) as my indicator that it's time to rewick!

When I get a burnt hit, I just turn the power down a couple of watts.
This takes care of the burnt hits until I get home and put in a new wick.

This may sound bad, but using low wattage and no flavorings means that my wicks tend to last a long time.
I usually get three weeks to a month with no discernable degradation in performance.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I carry a spare atomizer for just such an occurrence because nothing worse than being hours from getting home and not having my vape. Yes I will live without it but why should I?

I carry a keychain screwdriver and a juice bottle to fill a tank and a battery if I plan to be out for more than a couple of hours, but I never thought about needing a new wick or coil. I'm usually 15 to 20 minutes from home and being retired I can take that detour if necessary.

Maybe having an empty Kayfun ready to fill isn't a bad idea. That could stay in the vehicle until needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread