Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Holy Cow! Is that the Oasis on Joe Pool Lake near the Lynn Creek marina? Oysters Nachos and Mexican Shrimp Martinis with margaritas are the best!

I'm sure Jack is smiling!

(10 years in DFW--friendliest people in the world.) Oh, I envy you....:)

The very same!!! We are just around the lake, south side, on the escarpment (hills off in the distance from the dock), way back in the woods. Escarpment is highest elevation in Texas, straight line from Ok/TX northern border to Gulf. Imagine the ribbing this flatlander received from Jack when I proudly pointed that way and exclaimed I wasn't totally a flatlander (And I grew up in KY.). "Pumpfffff, we have speed bumps higher than that!!!!" scoffed he. We get out there as much as possible, most weekends, Fri or Sat nights for live bands. Happy hour last until 6:30 and some of the year oysters on half shell half price dozen during happy hour or Wed. nights. Tuesday nights all you can eat crawfish for $9.98. Grilled catfish some of the best. Family owned marina and Restaurant. The son, in his 50s/60s is a world class game fisherman. Many of his tropies are mounted around the restaurant. When Kaypers and I were leaving there was an attractive, well tanned man casting off the ramp that leads from land to floating buildings. He was drawing a lot of attention and a couple of other fellows were casting, along side him, too. We saddled up to him at railing and first thing he said was, "I don't allow fishing off the ramp." He was casting after a large game fish, that we had trouble seeing but he could because of his polarized glasses. He explained to us a female was just under the rocks and he had no option but to stick around and hit the lure. (Fish would be released after being caught.) He had already caught him once or more, previous days, but assured us he would catch him again. He was the Owner Son. (He also told us his wife divorced him because of his fishing obsession.) Always a fun time at The Oasis. Like being at a resort in the tropics.

Next time we're there I'll raise a glass to ya.

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

somewhere21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Keene, NH
I'll miss Jack's posts and his avatar. Just read his book today, highly recommend it. When I saw that he had passed, all I could think of was part of a Longfellow poem, "My Lost Youth"

There are things of which I may not speak;
There are dreams that cannot die;
There are thoughts that make the strong heart weak,
And bring a pallor into the cheek,
And a mist before the eye.
And the words of that fatal song
Come over me like a chill:
'A boy's will is the wind's will,
And the thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts.'

Rest in Peace Jack.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I received an email from Jack's daughter a few minutes ago. I am including the follow email I sent her yesterday morning:

Dear Ms. Majewski,

Once again I wish to express my sympathies to you and your family. I represent the many friends and lives Jack touched on the Electronic Cigarette Forums. I am so sorry to bother you in what must be a very busy and difficult time for you.

Jack really meant a lot to so many of us online here and even I was overwhelmed at the outpour of love and sympathy expressed on our pages. Hundreds of people who appreciated your father and his contributions have expressed their respect for the man and sympathy and condolences for your family. Many have contacted me directly requesting information on the services so although I hate to disturb you, can you share any information on them when you have time or they have been determined please?

My most humble thanks, Rob Torgeson aka Ratman

*************************************************************************************************************

Mr. Torgeson,

Thank you very much for your kind email. Messages like yours are helping my family and I through this hard time.

We are hoping to have a military service for dad at Fort Logan Military Cemetery on June 22nd. We are asking people to send a donation to wounded warrior or any military fund in lieu of flowers. He would like that very much. I will let you know when we have the final date. Hopefully we will know on Monday.

Thank you,

Gioa Majewski

*************************************************************************************************************

Of course I will post additional information as I receive it. Ft. Logan Military Cemetery is located at 4400 W Kenyon Ave, Denver, CO 80236

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I know many would like to send cards or a note or something to the family. I am going to offer to be a drop point for them. If anyone wishes to send something like a card, note, photo etc. PM me for my address and I will forward them all to the family in one big package before the funeral.

I am working on finances/details to try to fly out for the service but it's up in the air right now. No pun intended there ;) If I can work it out, maybe I can hand deliver them for us.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Take it easy Rob (ratman) it's a lot to handle. Just remember, everything is archived. Our thoughts, photos, poems, wishes, all for and about Jack aren't going no-where! They won't be buried away, or drowned out by the masses. They'll be archived on the internet forever. Jack will always be a google search away in my book. Suprised he don't have his own wikipedia entry, by now.

What I would like to see handed over to his family is a roladex of all our names, addresses, and phone numbers. So if Jack's closest friends & family find themselves in a place they never been before, they can look up the book to see which one of Jacks cyberpals live near that area.

If I ever cross paths with his pride or his RW friends, I will always extend my hand to them as if they were my blood. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here when I say that. I think Jack would have appreciated that, too.

RHP

FreshSafari

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
Southern California
I never talked to jack personally, One thing I do regret being here. I can only see how great of a person he really was.
I logged back into ecf a few days ago, and checked the reo mods section, and the moment I saw this thread my heart dropped.
I don't think I have ever had this feeling towards someone that passed that I didn't know on a personal level, Reading and lurking I would read some of his post and a part of me feels like he was my friend.

I honestly, miss his presence, I can only imagine the pain and sadness from someone who met him and knew him on a personal level, And I wanna take this time to say I am sorry for your loss, and I can see why this place feels empty right now.

It's hard for me to type this, I feel a wave of emotions rushing through me, I feel happy that he is in a better place, Sad that I never took the time to chat and add the fine fellow, but most of all I feel emptiness here and it kills me!
These songs are for you Jack! I'm sorry for the terrible loss everyone I truly am!

“When one person is missing the whole world seems empty.” ― Pat Schweibert
Sleep Walk - Santo & Johnny

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Hello everyone..

Northernshrink ( Kris) pm'd me about putting together a Paypal fund to help defray the costs for Rob ( Ratman) to go to Jack's military service on June 22.I think it's a beautiful idea, to have Rob represent so many people here in Reoville. Rob didn't ask for this, by the way, he just mentioned that he was figuring out how to come up with the funds to do this.
Reoville is so awesome!
I also sent a pm to Rob asking if we could send funds straight to his Paypal account so it'd be quicker.

It sure makes me feel better about our Jack knowing that we can do something to show our love and respect for him.

edit; Pietro, who has spent more time with Jack , is also trying to come up with the funds to go to the military service. Please, don't anyone feel obligated or run yourselves short of funds to help them accomplish this, though.

Last edited:

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I'm sad to learn he has passed, but I sit here celebrating him and the way he chose to live his life to the fullest and I'm grateful that he shared part of that life with us here.

Thank you, Jack! You did life the right way. Mission accomplished, end of watch, and we'll miss ya!

I can't edit this post any longer, but I wanted to share an image given to me by RedHatPat. :nun:

imagezps20a4ed58.jpg

Last edited:

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I wanted to stop by and say thank you to all of you who have donated to Jack's Military Service fund. I am happy to report that I have heard from Pietro and he also will be making the trip to Denver for the Service and representing the ECF family as we all pay our respects.

Anyone who wants to send a card or picture for the family, even a note recounting a funny story or retelling of a special moment or tie when Jack made you smile or gave some good advice might help bring a smile to those he left behind. You can send them to me and I will be happy to take them with me to Denver and hand deliver them to his daughter Giao. Here is my address minus the zip code which ends in 6. You can PM Kaypers for additional info on the donation fund

Rob Torgeson
104 W Fairlane Pl
Sapulpa, OK (Google the zip code)

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I read of his passing first on FB...I really didn't want to come here...my heart was so heavy for several days and I didn't even know him, really. I guess I just really looked up to him...his wittiness, his accomplishments...and I thought, I'd love to be like this guy when I'm his age. Anyway, I finally made it over here and read through all of the posts on this thread...I laughed and laughed at so much, but also felt tears on my face. We have lost a true Reonaut but I know he is smiling and dancing and still being witty in the great beyond!!

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Wow, even though I'm new the Reo section jack made an impression on me right off the bat. His post about sitting naked and wrapping coils to send to people had me crying. Another reason to regret not getting a Reo sooner, I would have gotten a bigger dose of him. I was reading through the threads about him on glocktalk too, he had the same impact over there. I'm gonna miss him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread