ratio VG to cut harshness/not kill taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I have 24mg juice I need to cut by at least half. I'd like to use primarily PG but add VG....anyone know how high a ratio you can add of VG before it starts affecting taste? I tried 50/50 pg/vg and ended up dumping it as I really dislike the sweet/soapy taste of VG but think I might have a sore throat from PG.. I'm really not sure if it's the PG or just a sore throat but I'm almost never sick so....

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
i'd have to say it really depends on the flavor your cutting. if your looking to cut back
the nicotine level just buy lower strength juice. generally any cutting affects taste.

It's the 555 from MVS. I cut it by a little less than 50%. I added some additional flavoring. I'm not so worried about losing the flavor from the actually cutting but more how much VG I can add before I get that gross (sorry, I know some people like it)...sweet (to me almost soapy) taste.

Paradiso

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
MA - USA
Since all of our taste buds differ, I think the only way you'll know is to experiment in small quantities.
I just tried my first cutting of liquid with VG. I went 50/50 and it's definitely too sweet for me (love the vapor it puts out though)
I don't have any PG, once I get some I'll try 50% liquid, 25% PG, 25% VG and see how I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread