Received iTaste SVD yesterday - already a problem less than 24 hours later :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

just4747

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Hey guys,

So I ordered an iTaste SVD from PBDragon, I had been waiting for one for weeks.

I received it yesterday, used it for probably less than a collective hour in total and this morning, less than a day after getting it, am already randomly having firing button issues.

Here is the mail I typed PBDragon just now. What do you think? Anyone else have this happen or hear of it with an SVD? Really bummed out :(
Now I'm worrying that this is a fault of the button design or something and it will happen with any replacement eventually as well. Sucks too because the one I got was perfectly fine in all other aspects, God knows what issue the next one will come with...

Hey guys,

So I have a problem with the iTaste SVD I just received from this order. I received the kit yesterday and no issues at all until this morning, less than 24 hours later. Now, all of a sudden, I will press the fire button and it will click in seemingly fine for a press or two, but then for the next say, 10 presses, the button will not pop back out almost at all, and sometimes even continue firing with the button stuck pressed down until I mess with it quickly to make it stop!

I have tried a few things and checked it in-depth now for the past hour, hoping it was some fluke or something, but the button really is staying pressed in already, has lost almost all clicky-ness, and is still staying pressed in at times firing away the device on top by itself until I either mess with the button or pull the device off.

I did not drop the SVD or anything what-so-ever. I was using it up until bed last night, and this morning I noticed it starting to do this, which is a big deal since that fire button is the main operation and is pressed so many times a day!!

This sucks as I was eagerly awaiting the SVD for weeks and now this haha, of course (innokin's fault though!).

What is the proper action here- If I can receive a replacement SVD from you guys, do I have to send this one back first? Do you guys send a new one out and then I send this one back? One of the iClear 30s have liquid in it now too by the way.
Sorry, never had to do an exchange or return for an e-cig product before.

Really bummed out, but appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Justin

Last edited:

time2quit

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
upstate new york
just4747:9110887 said:
Hey guys,

So I ordered an iTaste SVD from PBDragon, I had been waiting for one for weeks.

I received it yesterday, used it for probably less than a collective hour in total and this morning, less than a day after getting it, am already randomly having firing button issues.

Here is the mail I typed PBDragon just now. What do you think? Anyone else have this happen or hear of it with an SVD? Really bummed out :(
Now I'm worrying that this is a fault of the button design or something and it will happen with any replacement eventually as well. Sucks too because the one I got was perfectly fine in all other aspects, God knows what issue the next one will come with...

Hey guys,

So I have a problem with the iTaste SVD I just received from this order. I received the kit yesterday and no issues at all until this morning, less than 24 hours later. Now, all of a sudden, I will press the fire button and it will click in seemingly fine for a press or two, but then for the next say, 10 presses, the button will not pop back out almost at all, and sometimes even continue firing with the button stuck pressed down until I mess with it quickly to make it stop!

I have tried a few things and checked it in-depth now for the past hour, hoping it was some fluke or something, but the button really is staying pressed in already, has lost almost all clicky-ness, and is still staying pressed in at times firing away the device on top by itself until I either mess with the button or pull the device off.

I did not drop the SVD or anything what-so-ever. I was using it up until bed last night, and this morning I noticed it starting to do this, which is a big deal since that fire button is the main operation and is pressed so many times a day!!

This sucks as I was eagerly awaiting the SVD for weeks and now this haha, of course (Innokin's fault though!).

What is the proper action here- If I can receive a replacement SVD from you guys, do I have to send this one back first? Do you guys send a new one out and then I send this one back? One of the iClear 30s have liquid in it now too by the way.
Sorry, never had to do an exchange or return for an e-cig product before.

Really bummed out, but appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Justin
no issues with mine after a week. Definitely sounds like a manufacturer defect. The vendor I bough mine from has a 30 day warranty. Id like to think yours is under warranty as well!

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Ok Update:

Can you guys with SVDs PLEASE try something for me before I go exchanging this?

I think I figured something out but I need to know if this is just my SVD or all other ones too.

I couldn't figure out why sometimes the button would stick or be almost flat with no click, but sometimes it would be perfectly fine and operate like normal.

So I took a closer look and discovered that if I rotate the actual black button (with my thumb and pointer finger) inside the housing clockwise or counter-clockwise until it stops (only a short turn either way from the original centered position), then either of THOSE would cause the button to screw in just a tiny bit and remove the travel and click from the button, almost as if it is always pressed down or locked down.

And the minute I rotate the button back to that centered position, it would be normal again, almost as if you unscrewed a lock on a mechanical mod's button.

So can a few of you PLEASE take your SVD, rotate the black firing button either way a bit until it stops/tightens and then see if the button has now become almost flat and you can almost no longer click it and it is always stuck down until you rotate it back? If you are having a hard time turning it to one direction or the other, try turning it with two fingers while pressing the button down, it happens much more easily.

If other ones do it too, then I think it is just the button design, which sucks, but at least I know mine isn't faulty or broken in any way. I would just have to avoid rotating the button when pressing it (which again, sucks).

Thanks sooo much if you guys can check!

Last edited:

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Can you tell me why you say that? Do you have an SVD and tested this as well or do you think it just sounds like it is not normal?

I've had other VV mods before where the button spins in place, just never one that tightened down when you do it causing the button to stay pressed in..

Can people please try this for me as soon as possible so I know whether to return mine or not???

Thanks so much.

time2quit

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
upstate new york
just4747:9119336 said:
Can you tell me why you say that? Do you have an SVD and tested this as well or do you think it just sounds like it is not normal?

I've had other VV mods before where the button spins in place, just never one that tightened down when you do it causing the button to stay pressed in..

Can people please try this for me as soon as possible so I know whether to return mine or not???

Thanks so much.
Yes I have a SVD, and yes I tried it. Sure the fire button can spin either way, but it doesnt tighten nor loosen itc connection.

just4747

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Thanks, and you're 100% sure you tried turning it all the way around and it still never tightened like mine?

Again it takes a little force or pushing down on it to get it to actually turn all the way with your fingers.

Also, you have the production model with black button?

Can anyone else give me input on theirs as well?

Thanks.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Just got mine in today from Altsmoke (couldn't resist getting one with their 15% discount last week). Same as the others have reported -- button can turn but does not stop or lock up. Sorry to say that yours looks like it's defective.

On another note, an FYI for those who are waiting for one: Altsmoke cautions on their website listing for the SVD to not tighten down the telescoping tube too much or it can cause damage to the battery contact and/or positive contact. Full info here (bottom of the product listing page: AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Innokin SVD Kit

So far I'm very pleased with it. The threading is not as good as I had hoped it would be, but the overall feel and performance is very nice.

sammisam

Feb 15, 2013
Michigan
Just got mine in today from Altsmoke (couldn't resist getting one with their 15% discount last week). Same as the others have reported -- button can turn but does not stop or lock up. Sorry to say that yours looks like it's defective.

On another note, an FYI for those who are waiting for one: Altsmoke cautions on their website listing for the SVD to not tighten down the telescoping tube too much or it can cause damage to the battery contact and/or positive contact. Full info here (bottom of the product listing page: AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Innokin SVD Kit

So far I'm very pleased with it. The threading is not as good as I had hoped it would be, but the overall feel and performance is very nice.

I saw that just last night. I was wondering about that with the battery tightening. The first few times I put a battery in, I tightened til the tube stopped turning. Now, I don't do it all the way. But, how do you know when too far is too far? How much is enough? Kind of vague...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread