Received iTaste SVD yesterday - already a problem less than 24 hours later :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NismoNinja

Mar 11, 2013
Phoenix
I have an SVD and have had it for a couple of weeks now. It performs flawlessly for me. I did try rotating the firing button (mine is smoked plastic in color so the LCD lights shine through it). I was able to get the button to spin freely in both directions, but I never got it to stop or lock. I clicked it off and tried pressing the button like I was firing it and then twisting it, but still didn't get the button to tighten. I would really recommend sending it back as it sounds like you've got a connection that is not fitted properly and needs to be addressed by the manufacturer.

OBF_Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a similar problem. I got mine two weeks ago from MVS and this weekend the button got all weird, shutting off on its own firing on its own, and sticking. The firing on its own freaked me out the most. Just sitting on my desk and the green light came on and I can hear my carto hissing. The bummer is MVS is in the middle of a move so who knows when i will get a reply to my email about the return.

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
Now, all of a sudden, I will press the fire button and it will click in seemingly fine for a press or two, but then for the next say, 10 presses, the button will not pop back out almost at all, and sometimes even continue firing with the button stuck pressed down until I mess with it quickly to make it stop!

It sounds like the hole for the button is too tight and is rubbing against the plastic of the button , I would put a few drops of silicone or soy oil around the button ,
wait until it get's in and press the button to make sure it get's lubricated. Repeat every month and that should keep it working fine.
Off course you can retunr it but then you have to pay for shipping and such so it's worth trying .

spiderman

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Malaysia/Sungai Petani
Yes, My svd fire button has the same problem..when you press it down and spin either way it gets locked up and keep firing away...so I just maintain it at the "neutral" position that way it has no problems..aint sending it back for repair..not worth it...Thanks to this thread it helped me...I thought my svd got screwed after 14 days...but after reading this thread i tried spinning it back...and yes...the button came loose and the clickyness came back....thanks again and I will try the silicone oil thing to see if it works or not....Lucky did not throw away the svd before i read this thread...thanks all...

MHTSOS

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2010
California
Just checked mine. It didn't get stuck but boy is it tighter. In other words it fees like it has very little travel and the clicky sound is completely gone.
Mind you this is my original SVD which isn't from fasttech. My fasttech ones are built different to this (not as well in my opinion) and they don't do it at all.

edit: Okay played with it for about two minutes and it was so touchy that I played with it til I got it back to where it was. Back to it's clicky self. With some rotation it seems to have an instant activation with no sound. I like it but it worries me so click click it is.

Last edited:

MrSelf Destruct

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Cobra Island
Can you tell me why you say that? Do you have an SVD and tested this as well or do you think it just sounds like it is not normal?

I've had other VV mods before where the button spins in place, just never one that tightened down when you do it causing the button to stay pressed in..

Can people please try this for me as soon as possible so I know whether to return mine or not???

Thanks so much.

I have tried to do this to mine as well. Mine does not tighten up...just keeps spinning no matter which way you turn it.

Please let me know how this exchange panned out. I have the same mod & am having similar issues w/ fire button. Unfortunately, mine is about 6 weeks in, hence no longer returnable.

Cleaning w/ rubbing alcohol seems to have helped a bit...along with a lot of playing with the button. I do find that when the button is rotated to either extreme, the problem is MUCH worse.

Trying to iron it out. Otherwise, I'm quite happy w/ the mod...but this is a problem w/ THE essential function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread