Received iTaste SVD yesterday - already a problem less than 24 hours later :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fullknight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
Oklahoma
Are all of the reported problems with SVDs purchased from fasttech? I'm about to pull the trigger on one and don't want to buy something that's gonna crap out on me.

I bought 2 from fasttech no trouble with either one. Work perfect. I am careful with everything have never dropped,etc.

Andrea S

Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
I don't know, I was just replying to that article that seems to state fSVD are of a better quality than the other version. Or so I got by using the translator.

Are all of the reported problems with SVDs purchased from FastTech? I'm about to pull the trigger on one and don't want to buy something that's gonna crap out on me.

Soulfly54

Mar 26, 2013
Waukesha, WI
Are all of the reported problems with SVDs purchased from FastTech? I'm about to pull the trigger on one and don't want to buy something that's gonna crap out on me.

I got mine at a dealer here in the U.S. So no- it's not only a FastTech problem. It's a cheap-... button design problem on Innokin's end.

Biff_Whipster

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Austin
Thanks, and you're 100% sure you tried turning it all the way around and it still never tightened like mine?

Again it takes a little force or pushing down on it to get it to actually turn all the way with your fingers.

Also, you have the production model with black button?

Can anyone else give me input on theirs as well?

Thanks.

I have been using and loving my SVD for close to 2 months and have had no issues with firing. I have tried 'screwing in' the button and cannot replicate the locking that you are describing. I agree with the others in assuming you just got a bum unit. I would get it replaced and enjoy. I love using my SVD in 18650 mode. It's a behemoth!

Hope everything turns out okay for you!

Pigeonaras

May 7, 2013
Greece
Good evening...
My SVD fell down yesterday and "+" button doesn't work anymore... :(
Probably it fell from the button side ...
Now I cannot unlock the device and I have to vape at 14W (last setting...!!!!).
Also I cannot check resistance... :(
Does anyone know how to disassemby it to have a look at the board, because I think that I have to resolder the button ???
I searched but I found nothing about SVD disassembling... :(
Thank you.......

Last edited:

jimbill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
aurora,indiana
Good evening...
My SVD fell down yesterday and "+" button doesn't work anymore... :(
Probably it fell from the button side ...
Now I cannot unlock the device and I have to vape at 14W (last setting...!!!!).
Also I cannot check resistance... :(
Does anyone know how to disassemby it to have a look at the board, because I think that I have to resolder the button ???
I searched but I found nothing about SVD disassembling... :(
Thank you.......
Hello Pigeonaras all you need to do is get a pair of needle nose pliers and grip the little ring around the button and pop it off and check to see if the tack switch is stuck or it could be dirty this is the best stuff for tack switches and will clean it good and make it work like new.
http://www.amazon.com/DeoxIT®-D100-Spray-NSN-6850-01-435-6478-solution/dp/B0014F110I

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
My SVD randomly stopped working on me. I left it by my window Saturday night and it wouldn't turn on Sunday morning. The buttons still "work" because I am able to switch modes without a problem, but clicking the fire button or using the +/- buttons alone does nothing. It's not the battery, because when I put it in I see the display light up and everything, and I tried a fresh one to test. The fire button isn't stuck in any way, it still clicks, it just doesn't "do" anything. Haven't seen anyone report this issue before, so I'm confused! Maybe it's a connection issue, I'll try with another atty later tonight.

Using my twist as a substitute, and it's just not the same.

Update: Turns out my atty had some leakage. Cleaned the contacts thoroughly and I'm back in business. Crisis averted.

Update 2: It won't turn on anymore. The king is dead. Chi-You clone on the way. It was good while it lasted.

Last edited:

HighPlains

Dec 31, 2013
Indianapolis
The SVD is notorious for the defective fire button. I wish I had known this before buying it and now my SVD is useless. Innokin is aware of it but will not stand behind their product. It's too bad that the SVD has a faulty fire button made with a cheap, flimsy micro chip because it is an otherwise well-built product. Just google "SVD fire button" and there are hundreds of notices from buyers who paid good money for a paper weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread