Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Even easier :
All Things about the Eleaf iCare & iCare Mini

This little thing is a kick !
I would like to add my vote for the iCare. It's certainly capable of fulfilling ITS PART of your need. But IMO finding the right mod is not even half the battle. The truly difficult part is finding the right juice at the right ratios that will work well with whatever ecig you might decide to use AND work well for providing the satisfaction you need. For me it required learning a bit about DIY.

Last edited:

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Hiya brycewise and welcome to the ecig forum. Will share my experience… About a year ago I was about where you are now. Wanted to cut down rather than quit entirely. Bought an occasional disposable to see if they helped and to use when lighting the real thing was not appropriate. Around Thanksgiving I tried the Greensmokes and used them while still smoking for about a month. They did mimic cigs pretty well but the cost and charging routine got tiresome. For Christmas I bought myself a Sharpie size starter kit. It came with two batteries, two tanks, a charger, and three bottles of juice samples for about $30. That kit really opened my eyes to the potential of vaping and was a game-changer. In a few days I was using it entirely and haven’t lit a cigarette since. Hardly even missed them. I had found something that was like smoking except better…and in so many ways. While looking for more information I happened to stumble on this forum and that’s when the learning curve really took off...and there’s a lot to learn if you decide to make vaping a hobby. Regardless, keep first device simple and always have a backup. Figure on upgrading from whatever starting device you choose in a month or two if you like the vaping routine. You will be in a far better position then to make a wise choices.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
7f39e2148882377a52c8ffa5ff24dfe2.jpg

My little sister wanted a ecig that vaped much like puffing on a cigarette as a newbie 2 yrs ago..
So I hooked her up with this cheap Spider batt and Ego tank setup..if I remember right her favorite juice was a 75/25 VG/PG mix with 12mgs of nicotine..it got her off the cancer sticks...
5382261041fea736225b3f40bbc6c48e.jpg
Then she wanted a real mod and got this pink Provari/Protank..dropped nic down to 6mgs and still likes the 75/25 mix from our local B&M..
She still likes MTL and doesn't care much about subohm tanks...
I think she uses a Nautilus tank on her Provari today, and is still tobacco free... just my 2¢ [emoji4]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
$100 on $8-worth of cig-a-likes
vs.
$20 on a Kanger Top evod or Innokin T18 or Eleaf iCare or Joyetech AIO

It's an easy question to answer.

I spent $800 on completely pointless products sold by Greensmoke, V2, Volcano etc and was still smoking.

It's really not amusing what these brands do and just how hard it is to even dent their marketing tactics. These brands and products should be extinct but no, you can still buy a $11.50 Chinese junk kit for $149.90

As they say in Rome and curiously in the city of London "Caveat Emptor"....

Reactions: Baditude

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
$100 on $8-worth of cig-a-likes
vs.
$20 on a Kanger Top evod or Innokin T18 or Eleaf iCare or Joyetech AIO

It's an easy question to answer.

I spent $800 on completely pointless products sold by Greensmoke, V2, Volcano etc and was still smoking.

It's really not amusing what these brands do and just how hard it is to even dent their marketing tactics. These brands and products should be extinct but no, you can still buy a $11.50 Chinese junk kit for $149.90

As they say in Rome and curiously in the city of London "Caveat Emptor"....
What are you vaping today? Just curious, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
I have to agree on the evod kit or similar get something inexpensive to start and help figure vaping out. I see on here a lot where people buy advanced kits and then can't figure them out. Need a starting point keep of simple then come back head and get advice on the more advanced system with a baseline.

Grego25

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
My wife quit smoking 2 years ago but wanted something to take the edge off after a long day. She insisted on a ciglike so I had to waste $40 only to get her an aio shortly after. The reviews were great but we weren't really impressed. The kanger evods they have for testers at a local shop are much more satisfying. I was lucky enough to have a couple friends to let me try their gear & point me in the right direction when I started out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I have tried those disposable ones and it didn't take. I am not opposed to one model over another for the looks, I am more concerned with how it "feels" so that it replaces cigarettes. Smoking is satisfying to me a cure for boredom and a distraction. I am looking for something that can fill those roles. So it doesn't have to be a "cig a like" it just has to fill the same role that cigarettes do. Green Smoke was one that caught my attention, but I don't really know what to look for or why to choose one over the other. I was hoping for some recommendations based on members experience.

I like you enjoyed smoking and like you I gave it up 2 month's ago due to potential health concerns. I vaped and smoked for months until I was not only comfortable with vaping but was actually beginning to enjoy it more than smoking, especially the taste.

I was lucky in that the vape shop I first went to sold me on a decent setup to start. Long ago I'd tried a cheap ecig and threw it away within a day or two. Even the good setup I tried to use for a while and then set it aside and ignored it for months. Finally decided to give it a proper try and started reading and learning how to use it, learned about the juices, etc, etc. The more I learned and experimented the better vaping became and the more convinced I became that vaping maybe could replace my smoking. Eventually I decided to try and bought some high nic juice for the purpose and in the end found it exceedingly easy to quit. Just vape the high nic until you no longer want a cig (sort of the same as chain smoking) each and every time your thoughts turn to having a cig.

Meanwhile my collection of vape gear has gotten much bigger as it is now become a hobby together with building my own setups and now getting into DIY juice. I'm not going to recommend any one system or brand because firstly the good ones all perform similarly anyway and secondly their performance is dependant on how they're set up, which is dependant itself on your knowledge and experience. Gaining that knowledge and experience is the fun.

From what I've gathered something like the aspire premium kit might work for what you need. It comes with the nautalis mini tank on it. I started with a similar setup, and was blown away by the nautalis before getting into the sub-ohm side of things. The nautalis also has adjustable airflow so you can find what type of restriction will work best for your needs.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
I am considering trying E-cigarettes as a substitute for cigarettes. I have been smoking for 15 years and actually like smoking. I don't want to quit, but I am at the point where the health risks are going to become more and more likely to occur. E Cigarettes seem like a "happy medium" for either reducing the number of cigarettes I smoke or give them up all together. Does anyone have any recommendations for an E Cig that feels closest to the real thing?

thanks....
shame you aren't in the UK, if shipping weren't so much I'd send you a box mod and some juice, hope you find what your looking for mate

Reactions: Foggy Road

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I would go with the innoken endura t18. Very nice device..very good vape. It just works. The draw on it is perfect and is a very satisfying vape.
This^ In fact when I lost (actually my dad lost it :p) my t18 I bought the 22 mm tank and a D3. Out of all RTA, mods and drippers that I own a $15 dollar tank is probably my favorite. Those coils are perfect for mtl, maybe too hot but I used to smoke red 72's and the occasional pack of Luckies unfiltered.

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I quit smoking within three days with the humble Kanger Evod kit. And I didn't even intend to quit lol.
I was happy with my evods and protanks, but because I wanted to try different things, I now use Kanger subtanks.
That said, I still enjoy using a simple evod glass. And I recently bought the Innokin t22 tank, which has a great tight draw and amazing flavour. At 14 watts it's a very warm but also very pleasing vape (just change the mouthpiece for a plastic one, or you'll burn your lips). I also have an iCare mini which is great for vaping where you're not allowed to, but I find the flavour muted, the tank too small and the batterylife isn't great unless you'd also buy the pcc.
I've never used a nautilus tank,but heard it can be difficult to open for filling. Topfilling tanks are the thing right now, easy to use and for filling on the go.

Reactions: tckenno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread