Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yep, one of the few things ecig related that happens to fit upside down, everything else is dummy proof lol.

Another thing I like about the shield is it tightens up draws that are way too airy. The EM shields I have don't have much of an effect on most atties, but if you find it tightens up the draw too much you can use a pin to make the air-holes bigger. Or if you want the draw even tighter you can cover one of the 2 holes.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Yupper! / /

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
You're welcome. Don't forget the drip tip!

I forgot to type it but, I must have been editing as you replied. With all the interesting tips I have seen, like snake heads and skulls, I would never forget the tip.

Make sure the holes of the drip shield are up toward the drip tip. It should be more self explanatory when you get going, but it is simple and effective.

Thanks for that important info.

Yep, one of the few things ecig related that happens to fit upside down, everything else is dummy proof lol.

Another thing I like about the shield is it tightens up draws that are way too airy. The EM shields I have don't have much of an effect on most atties, but if you find it tightens up the draw too much you can use a pin to make the air-holes bigger. Or if you want the draw even tighter you can cover one of the 2 holes.

Thanks again for easy ways to make adjustments.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I forgot to type it but, I must have been editing as you replied. With all the interesting tips I have seen, like snake heads and skulls, I would never forget the tip.

Lol, I'm a DT hog, can't buy from any vendor without getting another one. The snake head looks really cool, but is awkward to vape from. The skull on the other hand looks really cool and is a great all-around DT. Lately I've been all about the ceramic pawn and vase shapes, but been eyeing some of the cool stainless steel ones released recently.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
I remember thinking dripping was so silly, but I took to it (after an inital HUGE failure) very easily. Dripping is the same as topping off a carto, except you can use different flavors. LOL

Before I decided to stop smoking and start vaping, I thought about smoking pipes...talk about having to fiddle with things. Making sure to pack it right, getting it lit, keeping it lit.....
Vaping will be easier
;)

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
Lol, I'm a DT hog, can't buy from any vendor without getting another one. The snake head looks really cool, but is awkward to vape from. The skull on the other hand looks really cool and is a great all-around DT. Lately I've been all about the ceramic pawn and vase shapes, but been eyeing some of the cool stainless steel ones released recently.

LOL, I have to be careful. Late night, online shopping can be dangerous. Before I know it, I have way too many items in my shopping cart.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Before I decided to stop smoking and start vaping, I thought about smoking pipes...talk about having to fiddle with things. Making sure to pack it right, getting it lit, keeping it lit.....
Vaping will be easier
;)

And sooooooooooooo much more fun! Seriously, when you get your set-up straight, your juice stash in order, it is the only good thing that smoking will have given you!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Vaping will be easier
;)

Good call! Sometimes when people complain about having to have the air-hole of a 901 or RBA pointing somewhat up I think; pipe smokers never complain they can't smoke their pipes upside down lol.

Some of us actually LIKE the fiddle factor too, I know I do. Having something to do with my hands was a big part of smoking.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Good call! Sometimes when people complain about having to have the air-hole of a 901 or RBA pointing somewhat up I think; pipe smokers never complain they can't smoke their pipes upside down lol.

Some of us actually LIKE the fiddle factor too, I know I do. Having something to do with my hands was a big part of smoking.

The only non-fiddle factor ecig set-up is skinny bats and prefilled cartos. Of course you'll have to recharge every 30 minutes, but not much fiddling there. Screw it! Also not much vapor, flavor, or action either. :facepalm:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
it is the only good thing that smoking will have given you!

Lolol, good way to look at it. If I never started smoking I never would have discovered the joys of vaping. Thank you Joe Camel and Marlboro Man, you were not quite good for nothing. Almost though.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
The only non-fiddle factor ecig set-up is skinny bats and prefilled cartos. Of course you'll have to recharge every 30 minutes, but not much fiddling there. Screw it! Also not much vapor, flavor, or action either. :facepalm:

LOL, After doing some research, I am surprised the disposable e cig I tried actually lasted all Through my work day.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
And sooooooooooooo much more fun! Seriously, when you get your set-up straight, your juice stash in order, it is the only good thing that smoking will have given you!

Lolol, good way to look at it. If I never started smoking I never would have discovered the joys of vaping. Thank you Joe Camel and Marlboro Man, you were not quite good for nothing. Almost though.

Agreed...
Or, at least I'm sure I will, once I actually start vaping.
| sheepish grin|

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Just a note. That is so true about 901 and throat hit! I was wondering why i was kinda chain vaping those. Like a quest, my throat muscles were getting aggravated. Now i realize why. im back on Joyetech 510 as the best premade atty. i havent tried ciscos other ones. Only reason being is I am tired of paying shipping on every little atty! They seem to be soread all over the different websites. Maybe it would be a simple thing to start a web site JUST ATTOMIZERS! Or Just Cartomizers and Just clearomizers.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety

Oh I disagree! A REO Grand (bottomfed) doesn't require any fiddling and the 18650 battery lasts a long time. Flavor is just as good a dripping, although I will admit I still do drip into the atty because I like to change flavors about every 10 minutes.

How about everyone else? Do you vape the same thing most of the day or do you switch flavors a lot?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Oh I disagree! A REO Grand (bottomfed) doesn't require any fiddling and the 18650 battery lasts a long time. Flavor is just as good a dripping, although I will admit I still do drip into the atty because I like to change flavors about every 10 minutes.

How about everyone else? Do you vape the same thing most of the day or do you switch flavors a lot?

Maybe no fiddling after filling the bottle, but I was mainly talking about zero fuss which equates to zero pleasure mostly. I do understand your sentiment, though.

I change flavors like I change the channel--whenever I feel the itch, and my nick name is Itchy. :laugh:

Jibbu

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
Denver, CO, USA
Just a note. That is so true about 901 and throat hit! I was wondering why i was kinda chain vaping those. Like a quest, my throat muscles were getting aggravated. Now i realize why. im back on Joyetech 510 as the best premade atty. i havent tried ciscos other ones. Only reason being is I am tired of paying shipping on every little atty! They seem to be soread all over the different websites. Maybe it would be a simple thing to start a web site JUST ATTOMIZERS! Or Just Cartomizers and Just clearomizers.

Faylool, look for the thread on sites with free shipping in the New Members Forum. It's a short list, and the sites are no-nonsense and rather limited, but you may just find some 510's you like.

Jibbu

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
Denver, CO, USA

I'm relatively new at DIY, so I have only 3 flavors which I switch off every now and then. If I'm out-and-about then I use a clearo. But I just got done ordering several flavorings and niquid, so I'll have more variety soon. I'm very excited!
:banana:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I was on empire mods and got to a ? I'm using a provari. Should I buy a 501 drip shield before I start dripping?

Nope, just an accessory not a necessity. People were dripping long before the shields came around, they just made life easier for over-drippers like me. If your atty leaks try dripping less and have a paper towel around until you get a shield if you want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread