REO CLONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Bungle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
East Jabip, NJ
I ordered the chalice v3 to go with it for now, half tempted to mod my plume veil or magma to be bottom fed too, but I'm happy to try the chalice with it for now, I'll get an rm2 when I get an authentic if I like how this one works
I'm running a bf modded (slotted the center pin) magma right now. It's excellent. 2¢

Reactions: Cowboy192

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
We don't know what juice ratio he's running, the resistance of his coil or the charge on the battery. Obviously, there could be a massive voltage drop on the clone, but it could be other things as well.
Yeah, we'll see soon. Wish we could see the guts in this thing.

Reactions: havoc1967

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
there could be a massive voltage drop on the clone

My plan is to test the resistance on the body when it arrives and may run an extra wire between the battery neg and the 510 to improve the earth circuit

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
My plan is to test the resistance on the body when it arrives and may run an extra wire between the battery neg and the 510 to improve the earth circuit

Since no one has seen one yet, this is purely speculation... : From their description(s), and assuming it really is milled aluminum and not die cast, the body should be an excellent conductor.

The resistance of the spring sounds a little problematic. The solution to that will probably be found by fuse modding it... or, for the 'tried and true' safety minded, having a chat with one of the custom flashlight vendors and procuring a 3 piece hot spring of proper size and resistance for the application. --> Then the only remaining electrical performance question will be what material they used for the top contact. There haven't been any hints in any versions of their description about that.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
If it is milled then awesome, but kinda half expecting it to be cast,

The world will know probably by the end of next week. Folks who ordered them in the UK began to get shipping notices on July 1st.

Interesting to this thread and probably more fuel for the flames: It also seems that those who buy these can expect not just a REO Grand Clone, but also a SS Adjustable 510 Connector Clone installed. The first bunch of people who will get them will have problems because they cloned the connector wrong and the center pin has a right hand thread, but they caught it and supposedly some folks will get left hand threaded ones eventually.

Reactions: DoubleDZA

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
I would bet that it works great. Unregulated mods are not that complicated, I have built a few myself. I mean, unless you are having problems, I don't think you should give it away after a few days. I hope someone does a comparison at some point though.

I meant more for me to see if I like unregulated, all I've ever used is regulated mods for rta's and rda's so this will be my first venture into unregulated and I've never had to build a coil etc to suit a battery I've always built a coil to suit the rta and then just set the power to get the best from it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread