REO CLONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I guess it depends on who you talk to whether it sucks or not , for Rob it sucks but for people who could never afford to experience a Reo type vape i suppose it's a very good thing .

It's gonna be a great thing for Rob too.
He's just bummed they knocked him off right now.

Bottom fed vaping is about to go mainstream and REO is about to blow up. (figuratively,.. Lol gotta say that around here) :D

These clones are about to make REO a household name, and create a new generation of squonkers looking for authentic REOs.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014

Bottom fed vaping is about to go mainstream and REO is about to blow up. (figuratively,.. Lol gotta say that around here) :D

These clones are about to make REO a household name, and create a new generation of squonkers looking for authentic REOs.

You know, your point is very well reasoned. I only own (and will only buy) authentic devices, including four REOs. But, before I went exclusively OG with my gear, I owned the following clones and later purchased their authentic counterparts:

Hobo
SMPL
Lancia
Mephisto V2
Hana DNA30
Squape R
Aqua V2

I made a choice to only roll with authentic kit about six months ago, for reasons I won't bore anyone with. Will everyone end up purchasing authentics after owning the clone versions? Of course not, but those people would have never purchased the authentic anyway. Will some people buy the authentic after owning the clone? Definitely.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

I really don't see that happening , Reo and Provari had their time in the sun , people getting into vaping these days are overwhelmingly going with high wattage temp controlled devices and sub ohm tanks.

There is this cloned REO on facebook and it's been there for at least a day , only two people commented about it out of probably thousands of visitors.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I really don't see that happening , Reo and Provari had their time in the sun , people getting into vaping these days are overwhelmingly going with high wattage temp controlled devices and sub ohm tanks.

There is this cloned REO on facebook and it's been there for at least a day , only two people commented about it out of probably thousands of visitors.

Actually, the $29 squonker trend has blown up already and dozens of Vapers here have ordered them. ( not a REO clone, but Chinese bottom fed mech).

It's a far cry from a REO, but some are already eyeing REOs after trying out the Chinese squonker.

Bottom fed mods are the hot topic right now.
People are hesitant to drop over a hundred dollars to try out the latest trend.
$29? Now that's different.
If the experience is good, some will go for a better device.
This is where Rob shines.
Better built, better materials, better service, better warranty, better device.

It's a no brainer, and if he has any sense of business he will come out of this the real winner.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
[QUOTE="herb, post: 15905957, member: 195664"

There is this cloned REO on facebook and it's been there for at least a day , only two people commented about it out of probably thousands of visitors.[/QUOTE]
The provari still caters to the needs of 90% of the vapers. The number of bottom fed attys has increased by about 500% in the last few months. I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion.

I messed up quoting your post but provari and reo have a little more time in the sun left.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I agree with inswva. People who buy clones:

1. Never would've bought the authentic anyway, or
2. Want to test the waters first. They want to see if they like it, if they can build it successfully, etc. I have bought several clones and then went on to buy the authentic. If I like it, I feel I owe the modder for the design.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Well I'm definitely ordering one. I can't afford a Reo and I always wanted to try one. I'm aware that the quality may not (almost certainly) won't be there, but for $30 I have to try it!

It's so basic a design , i think the clone will be excellent and a lot will save a ton of money .

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I wouldn't consider the REO a Mercedes by any stretch... more like a Toyota Camry.
I'd say the clone is definitely inline with a Dodge. You did get that part right ;)

Funny I almost put Toyota, but I figured I get push back.. Dodge I figured I could get away with do to the history.. Not so true anymore. My next car will be a Doge if not another JEEP. Didn't expect it for the Merc comment.

Reactions: jrs99

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I wouldn't consider the REO a Mercedes by any stretch... more like a Toyota Camry.
I'd say the clone is definitely inline with a Dodge. You did get that part right ;)

FYI
Mercedes and BMW have horrible reliability issues over the last 8-10 years.
They are not the solid, well built
Machines that made them famous any longer. (Blu tech? Really MB? It's 2015. Google it for a German built facepalm)

A dodge pickup truck will outlast everything in the Mercedes stable, with maintenance costing a mere fraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread