Status
Not open for further replies.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
I have been saving plastic juice bottles, hoping to use them for my DIY juices. I have soaked them, and run them through the ultrasonic cleaner.....but can't get the smell of the previous juice out of them. I have to assume this might affect the flavors. Do you reuse the bottles, or just toss them and use new ones?? (I know there is the option of glass bottles, but haven't gotten there yet.)

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
I was thinking about re-using bottles but then decided to just go glass for the good stuff. Otherwise if I mix up a batch thats not vapable I dump it and wash the bottle. Use it for the next test batch. I noticed if it isnt in the bottle for long its easy to get it all out.

But yeah Im thinking if you can smell the previous liquid, its possible it could affect the flavor of the next one. Or at least the aroma.

But maybe ask yourself this question. If you reuse a bottle with an odor, and your liquid doesn't taste just right, are you going to wonder if it was because of the prior liquid? If yes, then dont reuse.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Vodka will remove the odors...done it a time or 2 myself. Wash first then fill shake a little bit and let sit...shake again...let sit...rinse...

... throat with flavored vodka!
BigGrin-1.gif

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I dont know how people ever get the previous smell out. Ive tried vinegar and water, 100% vinegar, soap and water, heat, cold, the freezer, the dishwasher... you name it... nothing works. Hence why im moving to glass. Plus I do believe that for testing plastic may be fine but for long term storage plastic bottles ruin juices.

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
I have tried pga,vinegar,dish soap,bleach,ugggg..all of them,.,but what I have found which I think works as good as all of them is when I am first cleaning out the bottle of excess juice,or if it is empty and I am rinsing it,I use COLD water and rinse,rinse,rinse,then when it smells as clean as I know it will get,THEN I use hot water to rinse them out..I dont use anything now but hot or cold water.IF it is a very strong smell,as sometimes I cant totally get the scent out,like say a fruit flavoring,I just reuse that bottle for that..I have even tried peroxide,and I have found that the first rinse out with cold water does as well as any..

I have been saving plastic juice bottles, hoping to use them for my DIY juices. I have soaked them, and run them through the ultrasonic cleaner.....but can't get the smell of the previous juice out of them. I have to assume this might affect the flavors. Do you reuse the bottles, or just toss them and use new ones?? (I know there is the option of glass bottles, but haven't gotten there yet.)

You could try Milton strerilising fluid (or any baby bottle steriliser). Clean well first then leave to soak in the sterilising solution for a couple of days, before rinsing well.

Alternatively I use the following method for tupperware that has contained anything strong smelling and it works for that.

1. Get a large bowl
  2. add 1/2 cup of white vinegar
  3. mix in 1 tbsp baking soda
  4. immerse bottles
  5. leave for 2 days
  6. rinse well

As an added note with regards to e liquid bottles, you may want to get some distilled or deionised water and do a final rinse in that, if you want them really spit spot clean!

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC

I'm thinking I want to go to glass only if possible. After testing the "drops per ml" of several plastic bottles I find the drop count to be between 30 and 40 per ml. Therefore I have started using syringes for drops as its only a point of reference while "testing" flavors. I also find I get "run on drips" with the plastic which throws of the count.

Anyway, anyone have a link for glass syringes w/blunt needles ?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread