jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
20170523_102728.jpg

Authentic Tesla Invader 2/3 box mod

This mod is capable of using either 2 batteries (maximum output wattage of 240W) or 3 batteries (maximum output wattage of 360W). The mod comes with a 3 battery back or a flatter 2 battery back. The batteries are wired in series, so you are required to use the battery back corresponding to the number of batteries you are using. With the 3 battery back on, it has a trapezoidal shape which if you have used a Wismec Reuleaux you will be very familiar with. With the 2 battery back on, you lose the hump of the 3rd battery and get a more compact mod. The battery backs are held on by friction, no magnets here. With the 3 battery back on, it is very simple to remove. Just place a finger on the top of the battery back and push down while holding the mod and the battery back will loosen and slide off. It is on there pretty firmly and there is no worry about it accidentally sliding off by itself. However the mod is still pretty new and I don't know how it will loosen over months of use as the tracks that the battery back slides on wears down. Using the 2 battery back, it is much harder to remove. The 2 battery back sits flush with the back of the mod, and they give you a thin groove at the top to use to remove the back. Since the mod is new, the grip of the battery back on the rails was much too stiff to remove it using a fingernail, I had to use a screwdriver. There is no USB port, so there is no firmware update and no onboard charging.

This is a variable voltage only mod, and goes back to basics with no support for temp control coils. The first thing that you notice is what isn't there....there is no digital screen and no buttons to adjust the voltage.

The voltage is set via a potentiometer located at the bottom of the front of the mod. It is denoted with a I (3 volts) through V (8 volts), with 1/4 markings on the dial between each number. There is no detents in the potentiometer to clearly identify what the setting is. The potentiometer can easily be set with just a fingernail, however it is smooth enough, and there is just enough resistance that the voltage setting won't be changed inadvertently. This harkens back to the old eGo Twist batteries. Since you can only adjust the voltage, the wattage will be set based on the resistance of the coil you are using. The mod supports coils from 0.1 ohms to 3.0 ohms. According to the manual, the recommended wattage will be set as follows:

0.1 ohms - Setting 1 (80-90 watts)
0.2 ohms - Setting 2.4-3 (70-80 watts)
0.3 ohms - Setting 2.2-4 (60-70 watts)
0.4 ohms - Setting 3.3-3.5 (40-50 watts)
0.5 ohms - Setting 3.4 (40 watts)
1.0 ohms - Setting 4.2-4.4 (30-40 watts)
1.5 ohms - Setting 4-4.2 (20-30 watts)
2.0 ohms - Setting 3.5-4.3 (10-20 watts)

The mod does offer the protections of a regulated mod....which include:

Over-puff protection - 10 second limit
Reverse connection protection - if batteries are inserted upside down
Low voltage protection - if the battery drops below 6.3 volts (2 batteries) or 9.3 volts (3 batteries)
Atomizer short circuit protection
Overheat protection
Overcurrent protection

Impressions: This mod is great if you're a high power vaper and regularly vape at high wattage/high voltage and don't care about having a lot of bells and whistles. It gives you mech mod performance in a much smaller package. After using this mod for about a week, the battery life is pretty phenomenal, most likely as a result of not having to also power a LED screen. I prefer to vape at low wattages and I do prefer to have the greater adjustability of being able to adjust wattage rather than voltage so this is not a mod that I would typically choose to use with a tank. This mod is much better paired with a RDA with the greater airflow that can accommodate the higher power. With 3 batteries, the mod is a bit on the thick side, making it a bit heavy and not as pocketable, but with 2 batteries, it is a smaller mod than even the Fuchai 213 that I regularly use.

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
View attachment 659301
Authentic Tesla Invader 2/3 box mod

This mod is capable of using either 2 batteries (maximum output wattage of 240W) or 3 batteries (maximum output wattage of 360W). The mod comes with a 3 battery back or a flatter 2 battery back. The batteries are wired in series, so you are required to use the battery back corresponding to the number of batteries you are using. With the 3 battery back on, it has a trapezoidal shape which if you have used a Wismec Reuleaux you will be very familiar with. With the 2 battery back on, you lose the hump of the 3rd battery and get a more compact mod. The battery backs are held on by friction, no magnets here. With the 3 battery back on, it is very simple to remove. Just place a finger on the top of the battery back and push down while holding the mod and the battery back will loosen and slide off. It is on there pretty firmly and there is no worry about it accidentally sliding off by itself. However the mod is still pretty new and I don't know how it will loosen over months of use as the tracks that the battery back slides on wears down. Using the 2 battery back, it is much harder to remove. The 2 battery back sits flush with the back of the mod, and they give you a thin groove at the top to use to remove the back. Since the mod is new, the grip of the battery back on the rails was much too stiff to remove it using a fingernail, I had to use a screwdriver. There is no USB port, so there is no firmware update and no onboard charging.

This is a variable voltage only mod, and goes back to basics with no support for temp control coils. The first thing that you notice is what isn't there....there is no digital screen and no buttons to adjust the voltage.

The voltage is set via a potentiometer located at the bottom of the front of the mod. It is denoted with a I (3 volts) through V (8 volts), with 1/4 markings on the dial between each number. There is no detents in the potentiometer to clearly identify what the setting is. The potentiometer can easily be set with just a fingernail, however it is smooth enough, and there is just enough resistance that the voltage setting won't be changed inadvertently. This harkens back to the old eGo Twist batteries. Since you can only adjust the voltage, the wattage will be set based on the resistance of the coil you are using. The mod supports coils from 0.1 ohms to 3.0 ohms. According to the manual, the recommended wattage will be set as follows:

0.1 ohms - Setting 1 (80-90 watts)
0.2 ohms - Setting 2.4-3 (70-80 watts)
0.3 ohms - Setting 2.2-4 (60-70 watts)
0.4 ohms - Setting 3.3-3.5 (40-50 watts)
0.5 ohms - Setting 3.4 (40 watts)
1.0 ohms - Setting 4.2-4.4 (30-40 watts)
1.5 ohms - Setting 4-4.2 (20-30 watts)
2.0 ohms - Setting 3.5-4.3 (10-20 watts)

The mod does offer the protections of a regulated mod....which include:

Over-puff protection - 10 second limit
Reverse connection protection - if batteries are inserted upside down
Low voltage protection - if the battery drops below 6.3 volts (2 batteries) or 9.3 volts (3 batteries)
Atomizer short circuit protection
Overheat protection
Overcurrent protection

Impressions: This mod is great if you're a high power vaper and regularly vape at high wattage/high voltage and don't care about having a lot of bells and whistles. It gives you mech mod performance in a much smaller package. After using this mod for about a week, the battery life is pretty phenomenal, most likely as a result of not having to also power a LED screen. I prefer to vape at low wattages and I do prefer to have the greater adjustability of being able to adjust wattage rather than voltage so this is not a mod that I would typically choose to use with a tank. This mod is much better paired with a RDA with the greater airflow that can accommodate the higher power. With 3 batteries, the mod is a bit on the thick side, making it a bit heavy and not as pocketable, but with 2 batteries, it is a smaller mod than even the Fuchai 213 that I regularly use.
I am looking for a mod that I can use as a daily driver but also shake stuff up with at an outlaw class cloud comp. I know ohms law and battery safety so I know that the max that I could get from this mod is 59.7 amps 477 watts at 8.0 volts by building a 0.134 ohm build but my question is what kind of battery life do you get out of it when running a say .30 ohm build at like 4.5 volts? It is by all rights of calculation only a 67 watt build but for a single coil build you really don't need to run higher than that. I'm just curious if it's worth making the purchase or if I would be better to just stick with the rx200 for a daily driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread