• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Second meet - Rochester - Nov 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
All you need is a clever name, and it could be the hot new juice! After almost 20 years of analogs, I can pretty much vape anything as long as there's nicotine in it.

Great on the DIY stuff! I'm planning to bring some VG, some sorbitol (because I love it in my juice), and some empty 5 ml dropper bottles. The only thing I don't have a portable gram scale or syringes (I do everything by weight- it's just easier for me). I do have some disposable pipettes- not super accurate, but they'll work for bottling.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
oooo....I'd love to know what scale you're using. Anything worth a damn is expensive and I got spoiled on lab-quality at Johnson & Johnson Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics years ago. I used to um....borrow a lot of...er....nevermind...LOL. At any rate I'll have my mobile lab kit with me with some measuring equipment and cleaning supplies (of course, this all depends on my ability to remember such things).

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
For DIY I have an Escali- it's alright- I upgraded my scale in the lab, and took this one home with me (it's my lab- lol). It weighs down to .1 grams which isn't really accurate enough for mg dosing, but for DIY, and occasionally baking, it's good enough.

I've had decent luck with digital scales from eBay- if you calibrate them, and don't use them around a microwave or cell phone they're ok.

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
@Jonny- Making something new each time I vape is a big part of the fun for me. Once I cut down the 100mg juice it's pretty much all by smell, and taste- anything else would take the fun out of it. As long as I cut the juice properly my "customers" (dh and brother) are happy- they can have the fun of flavoring their own stuff.

@CarrieM- I feel ya'- waiting for my GV order too. I called today, and he said that orders from #2500 and down would ship tomorrow. I'm #2333- so it will go out tomorrow. I put in a small emergency order to Xtremevape today because I know he ships fast. With any luck I'll have more juice on Monday.

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
That's good to know I'm order 2386. You didn't beat me in by much lol. We have enough juice to last at least 3 weeks, (over 100ml mixed) but we get a bit nervous when supplies get low. You never know when NYS is going to make it illegal to get the nic juice. I think we are going to start stocking up on some just in case.

Anyone have any idea of how many folks are going so we know how many goodies to bring?
Since it looks like I don't have to do a server migration for a client this weekend after all, I hope to be there with my new Joye eGo with USB passthrough and a friend of mine. So +2 tentative to the list (Andy just started vaping, so go easy on 'em ;) ).

I also didn't get the email out to KingPinECigs.com like I was going to, so no samples from them. However I do have quite a few flavors from them already for peeps to try. :)

Last edited:

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
we're going to be there........but we are leaving brockport around 4 so it'll depend on traffic etc when we actually arrive should be around 4:30 tho........and from me ur gonna have to put up with store bought goodies from me this time......but next time I'll try to be prepared to bake LOL

JR...as far as going easy........we're all easy......ummm I mean......easy going :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread