• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hey everyone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Firstly, I changed the social group to a forum so it would be more exposed and listed on the main forum. I did that because I am Admin and I never knew the group existed because it wasn't listed on the front page. I don't think others knew it was here either. This might help spark membership.

Wow, I do think we can get a meet together! So I'm just going to throw some things out there, all open for discussion:

1) Sounds like the Rochester area might be fairly local to several members (I myself am about 1 hr east of Rochester) so why don't we figure on that area somewhere?

2) Maybe the first meet could just be casual...kind of a 'get to know each other' type of thing. Maybe we can even find a nice park or something. We could also do a bar/restaurant, but someone might have to reserve a table and make sure vaping would be alright. OR....we might even be able to find a bar that has an outside smoking patio with tables.....but that means we would have to sit amongst the smokers :confused:

3) I would be free the last weekend of Aug or the second weekend of Sept (after Labor Day weekend). How about everybody else?

4) At this point, we can call it a vapefest but I would prefer not to get involved with the NVC yet. They have rules the suppliers would have to abide by if you are a member with them so it might be better just to get together and see what we have, then take it from there.

So who's in? Sounds really exciting! Let's get it going! :thumb:

Lu

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
A meet sounds like ALOT of fun! I'm about 40 mins west of rochester. There's already been a bar in batavia that excepted my husband and I vaping (and the rest of the wedding party we were with who were also vaping LOL) GREAT IDEA>>>> I believe either weekend would work for my hubby and I. And let me know what I can do to help get it together. Not REAL great with the idea making but I am pretty good at carrying out specific instructions LOL

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
A meet sounds like ALOT of fun! I'm about 40 mins west of rochester. There's already been a bar in batavia that excepted my husband and I vaping (and the rest of the wedding party we were with who were also vaping LOL) GREAT IDEA>>>> I believe either weekend would work for my hubby and I. And let me know what I can do to help get it together. Not REAL great with the idea making but I am pretty good at carrying out specific instructions LOL

Hah! That's perfect, since I'm good with coming up with ideas but I stink at following up! :laugh:

Well, I think we have to first agree on a central location....then whoever is in that area could give us suggestions on where we could meet...then take it from there. I hope others join in soon :toast:

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
There was already a group? I didn't know that either, Lu. I only made it here as a result of your invitation. A meetup among us sounds like a great idea to me.

There was a social group but it was never made into a forum after it had 5 members so it never showed up on the main forum page. I'm surprised I never saw it either!

If you get a chance to read the social group, it will show give you an idea of where the other members are. The Rochester area sounded pretty central to most of them. I hope we can come up with something. I'm psyched! :D

Lu

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
We western NYers welcome anyone I'd say! ECF member or not... (though personally if they aren't a member I'd try to talk them into becoming one! Nothing like the support you get on here) Except maybe LIVE support which would be great too!! I'm going to talk to a friend of mine about the possibility of using her bar for a meet-up... she's trying vaping so she MAY be a resource for us... trouble is she IS a little further west than we were talking about (Corfu NY) AND there are several bars/restaurants in the Akron, Alden area that also allow smoking AND thereby vaping as well, Still even further west...this would be closer to buffalo. Those are just ideas I had while I was sleeping. Yes, I did, I really had a dream about meeting all you folks..LOL. (It's what woke me up at 3am LOL)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Some more ideas to throw out there:

In checking, Corfu is a bit over a 100 miles for me, and about 25 more miles from Syracuse. It might be easier, at least for the first meet, to see if there's something a little closer since others are coming from various directions too.

BUT....here's what I see....I am willing to travel around an hour for meets. That means I can go north to Oswego, south to Cortland, east to Syracuse and west to Rochester. Once WE meet and get things going, we can start talking about other areas to approach.

For example, there must be other vapers in Buffalo. As a matter of fact, I met the supplier Andre from House of Vapor when I was up there visitng my daughter once. Heather, you might even be able to branch out further west into that area too once we see how all this goes.

A lot of it is a matter of locating other vapers in the state. If we can flush them out, that's half the battle. And we can even develop a support line to help others get meets together, if anyone is interested in that.

And honestly, I forsee longer trips for me if we ever get to the point of a sleepover type of meet...but that would be somewhere down the line.

OK, I think I'm going to send out invites to all the members that were in the social group. They might not be aware of the new forum status. I'm really just trying to get an idea of the most centralized area for the majority so we can pick an area and get this going! :)

Lu

vapin_2tha_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
There is a bar in Rochester that's called Pineapple Jacks. It's not in the city but in an outer suburb but is right off the 390 and 490 expressway. Thruway dumps you off in three places to Rochester: Henrietta (390), East side of city (490) and west side of city (490) near Leroy. The bar has three sections. First one is dining and bar with kareoke...no smoking. Second and third parts further back into establishment allow smoking both with bars. This place is rather large. There is also another room behind those three with stage and live performances on the weekends. I know they are vape friendly because they allow smoking and I'm always vaping away!

I live in Rochester too. I could possibly help coordinate an event. Depending on what day we might be able to use the backroom, I would have to speak with the owners (they might charge) but if enough members were interested maybe we can get that reserved for a small fee that could be divided up amongst persons attending. If enough interest derive from a meetup I will look into it. If this would be a great place, I think, let me know and maybe we can get things on the move. I would be extremely excited to get to meet other vapers around the area :) Rob.

Last edited:

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
Not to stomp all over the Rochester idea because I'd be up for that too, but I think Ithaca Commons would be a great place to meet up. It's very liberal so I don't think we'd get a sideways glance sitting around blowing vapor everywhere. The commons are always active.. but never packed so it seems like a great place.

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
Rochester is actually closer to us, but it doesn't matter... although we would have to plan a longer than just a day trip for a meet. If we're going that direction tho My husband presented an idea about a trip to the ithaca gun club... OR if Corning works for a meet we could do the Corning glass factory. My husband is actually thinking that basically if we are gonna go that far we want to have more than just meet for drinks at 7 pm... we'd have to make it a 2 day trip at the minimum... where-as with rochester we could just do the meet up for drinks or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread