• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

[SG Vaper]TCSS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
No. The opposite.
Vapour production is a function of power, not temperature.
So...
To increase the power without frying your lips, tongue and lungs, you drop resistance. And voila, sub ohming was born.

BUT

Pushing that much power out will also seriously tax your batteries. And that will cause overheating. Too much heat, and the chemistry becomes unstable enough and a chain reaction occurs and... KABOOM. You get a free tongue piercing, facial and body mod.
Regulated mods SHOULD prevent this by cutting power before it's too late and like the dna chipset, even has temp sensing to cut power if the mod overheats.
However this is no excuse to be oblivious and be dumb.

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
And then the next question is resistance. That is a function of mass and the material. Obviously some materials conduct better and thus have lower resistance.
Mass is expressed through the gauge, type of build. More metal is both more and less resistance.
Gauge is thickness, so thicker is more metal and here is less resistance. So two same builds in different gauges will have different resistance readings. Think bandwidth.
But
The same gauge in 6 loops will have a lower resistance than 8 loops because there is a longer pathway from terminal to terminal. Think signal loss.
And
Two identical coils in a single build will have just a but more than half the resistance: double the bandwidth.

Mix these up with all the different coil builds and multicoil decks. And the variables are mind boggling. Building sub ohm you need to always test before you fire.

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
And then the next question is resistance. That is a function of mass and the material. Obviously some materials conduct better and thus have lower resistance.
Mass is expressed through the gauge, type of build. More metal is both more and less resistance.
Gauge is thickness, so thicker is more metal and here is less resistance. So two same builds in different gauges will have different resistance readings. Think bandwidth.
But
The same gauge in 6 loops will have a lower resistance than 8 loops because there is a longer pathway from terminal to terminal. Think signal loss.
And
Two identical coils in a single build will have just a but more than half the resistance: double the bandwidth.

Mix these up with all the different coil builds and multicoil decks. And the variables are mind boggling. Building sub ohm you need to always test before you fire.

Woah thanks for the Super Long reply. Will take me awhile to digest everything. You mentioned 2 coil will have half the resistance? Is that why people go Dual coil for Super Low ohm?

LeftHandMan

Feb 4, 2016
Ya you can do that. Just get the tank first and have a feel of it. For subox mini, since the max watt is 50w, would suggest you build single coil kanthal, abt 0.4-0.6 ohms and vape around 35-40 watts. Should be able to handle. Dual coil on subox mini might be alittle bit tough. Your batt will die and your mod will feel super hot. Ahahaha

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
Ya you can do that. Just get the tank first and have a feel of it. For subox mini, since the max watt is 50w, would suggest you build single coil kanthal, abt 0.4-0.6 ohms and vape around 35-40 watts. Should be able to handle. Dual coil on subox mini might be alittle bit tough. Your batt will die and your mod will feel super hot. Ahahaha
Thanks man! I wanna try also! Hahaha, looking on youtube the wicking liao. poisoned.

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
Woah thanks for the Super Long reply. Will take me awhile to digest everything. You mentioned 2 coil will have half the resistance? Is that why people go Dual coil for Super Low ohm?

subohming ..dual coils…massive power does not make vaping more enjoyable…it does increase the kaboom factor if you don't know what you're doing….and makes enforcement authorities even more anxious and determined….dont give them a reason

when I see that you equated low ohms with low watts, it is worrying since that is the basics that you should know.

Vaping mtl at low watts is very very satisfying…at least try that before you jump straight to the pro level stuff.

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
subohming ..dual coils…massive power does not make vaping more enjoyable…it does increase the kaboom factor if you don't know what you're doing….and makes enforcement authorities even more anxious and determined….dont give them a reason

when I see that you equated low ohms with low watts, it is worrying since that is the basics that you should know.

Vaping mtl at low watts is very very satisfying…at least try that before you jump straight to the pro level stuff.
Thanks for the Long reply! Yes I'm still learning and trying to find the sweet spot. Not going into pro stuff!

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
I've been DIY-ing my own juices a fair bit. PG/VG and flavourings can be obtained locally easily, at a fairly low cost. Nicotine is another story, but not impossible.

For anyone who's curious, here's a five-minute starter guide to DIY-ing 0mg juice:
1) Obtain Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG), and flavourings.
2) Figure out how much juice you want, your PG/VG ratio, and how much flavouring you want.

PG for throat hit, VG for clouds (though, at 0mg, the throat hit is rather negligible). Flavourings usually come in a PG base (i.e. the flavours are mixed/diluted with PG), so you would reduce the amount of PG used in the recipe and the flavouring will make up for it.

Following this, assuming we're making 30ml of 0mg juice at a 50/50 PG/VG ratio and 10% flavouring,

Amount of VG: 50% of 30ml = 15ml
Amount of Flavouring (PG): 10% of 30ml = 3ml
Amount of PG: 40% (50%-10% of flavouring) of 30ml = 12ml

Results in: 15ml of VG, 12ml of PG, and 3ml of flavouring. Mix these in a 30ml bottle, shake HARD, steep for a week+ (maybe optional; there are shake & vape recipes, so it depends on your flavourings), vape. :D

I sure would like to try this as I am quite sure the nicotine addiction is already non existent in me. Perhaps the chef in me is surfacing.

DaywaIker

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2016
Nope not mini, cuboid 150, and I will do the firmware upgrade to 200W, with it's two 18650's should still give enough power to fire most builds up.

Anyways I won't get completely crazy with builds for the start as this is my first one to build coils myself. And overall I just started to Vape 3 weeks ago :)

botakchek

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Lion city
Nope not mini, cuboid 150, and I will do the firmware upgrade to 200W, with it's two 18650's should still give enough power to fire most builds up.

Anyways I won't get completely crazy with builds for the start as this is my first one to build coils myself. And overall I just started to Vape 3 weeks ago :)

Please know that the cuboid has an inherent issue with that stupid 25A output limit. So it will not fire most builds past X watts.

Also, dual 18650's usually cannot go past 150W without pulsing.

Reactions: transcab

John115

Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Can't wait to get my DIY set and start building. There are tons of vids on cool builds out there, it's an form of art almost.

And about that meet up I would be in....
Bro I'd suggest u get a ohm reader. Around 15-20 bucks you can get one. Much safer than using ur mod to read and counter reference ur resistance.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread