Sherman RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

erieboyz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
yup, I get that little bit of leaking too, drives me a little nuts...i don't think it always does it, but usually. I'm hoping when the fatter tank comes out, that will help with it. It does help to hold it upside down if you can get that bubble to the top before screwing the cap on, but it takes forever and juice comes out of the driptip. arg. but the new fatter tank might help, at least the bubble would get up there faster.

Mine leaks a little no matter what. Not a lot. Just a drop when on its side. It's bugging the heck out of me though. The flavor is amazing on it though so I don't wanna complain much lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Its only 10£ more than uk price , I guess if you want it that much ,i bought one myself ,So i will Try it with a few builds an such if i like will keep it an buy the Glass , I think its wrong of them to charge extra for glass tank which should be included at the start if 10d tank can include Glass why cant a 60£ tank included it , its just So Flipping wrong to put as an extra charge later if your lucky enough to get it ,
if i dont like it after testing them will pass it on to my pal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Streetrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Texas
Trust me.. It's worth it.. I got one of the first batch of Sherman's and I haven't touched any of my other RTAs she l since... And I've used most 28-30mm rtas made

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
133fee8dbf3965e270a714d6aa646c10.jpg

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
cba3fd0bf4ea499b813c2bec8fc95e89.jpg
be2fcf52f078ac179a6613c3dbbeace4.jpg
d6aef059acd5674f59e62f71163ea835.jpg
fe5798bffe863fee17324a82c6fefb6c.jpg
c230765c23b477b4b9f63c0009963c0a.jpg

Vapes bloody well indeed , an no not one drip when refilling at all , no leaks no drips , Just fills an vapes bloody well indeed I'm liking a lot ,
Now if they couls just Actually offer real Glass quartz or pyrex some Actually glass id be really happy with it all or offer a metal sleeve also , cant be that hard since 10$ tanks can offer both in the same 10$s , find a supplier give them the measurements am get some actual glass sleeves / tanks made , it would give it tje full premium feel it deserves , this is one great tank but let down by PC an not glass Tank ,

Reactions: erieboyz

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Hell of a friggin tank. Really nice vape. No leaks (yet.)

My first non-Chinese mass produced RTA in a long, long time. I was really hoping the machining would convince me that it was worth the $100. Gotta say, the machining on this is no better than a $25-$30 RTA.

Extremely crunchy threads on the top cap, and when putting it up in front of a light source, you can see that the top cap doesn't sit completely flush on one side (small gap, where light peers thru. Gotta really be looking for it to notice it, but for $97...I'm looking for it lol.)

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Hell of a friggin tank. Really nice vape. No leaks (yet.)

My first non-Chinese mass produced RTA in a long, long time. I was really hoping the machining would convince me that it was worth the $100. Gotta say, the machining on this is no better than a $25-$30 RTA.

Extremely crunchy threads on the top cap, and when putting it up in front of a light source, you can see that the top cap doesn't sit completely flush on one side (small gap, where light peers thru. Gotta really be looking for it to notice it, but for $97...I'm looking for it lol.)
Yep and for that price I also expect something like quartz or at a minimum pyrex not a plastic for the tank ;)

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
You should contact the vendor if your threading isn't right...mine is way better than any chinese atty I've used. It's on a par with the Hurricane, as far as machining goes. Yours might be cross threaded or something, it should be smooth as butter. I can only assume that it's either put together wrong, or it has manufacturing errors. Make sure everything is nice and tight and if it still has gaps, I would definitely contact them, it shouldn't. This isn't the only high end-ish tank that uses pmma instead of glass, so does the hurricane and the aqua2....that being said, he has ultim tanks available now, and if you really need glass, the glass from the Omega BFT are said to work, with minimal overhang....to me, it's not a big deal at all, I knew it came with pmma before I ordered it, it's not like they baited and switched on us. Anyway, hope you enjoy the tank and can fix the issues...mine is machined as well as any tank I've ever used and better than 90% of them. I do know that especially as a small company the owner wants his customers to be happy, so I'm sure they'll address any machining issues you have....I'm in their facebook group, and haven't seen anyone else mention gaps.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Yep and for that price I also expect something like quartz or at a minimum pyrex not a plastic for the tank ;)
Id complain too if that was mine its crap charging 12£ then 4£ delivery for utlm plastic also which I purchased separately an still No Glass i think for the prices They should include glass an i also think all owner should do a YouTube Review of the tank which is nice but complain that they should really give Glass not plastic tank, Glass is actually needed ,after paying so much your now thinking Oh noe i cant use certain juices , without paying more for the other plastic tank arghhhh,
an then complain until they make and send out free of charge an actual glass tanks with replacement too , theres no spare replacements also , if cheap tanks can come with them an a spare for 10£ or less why cant an expensive tank also include them makes little sence

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I don't know why they didn't choose glass, but they didn't. This isn't a mass produced item, it's not designed nor marketed to meet everyone's needs...there are plenty of other attys available, demanding that a company change its mind about something seems pretty juvenile. If glass is that big of a deal for you, this isn't the tank for you. The new ultim sections are better than glass, imo, you can use any kind of juice, just like glass, and don't have to worry about breakage as much if you drop it or whatever. It does come with two pmma sections, the 'tall'one, holds about 4ml, I think, and the standard, short one, that holds 2ml. I've never used the short setup but some guys do.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I don't know why they didn't choose glass, but they didn't. This isn't a mass produced item, it's not designed nor marketed to meet everyone's needs...there are plenty of other attys available, demanding that a company change its mind about something seems pretty juvenile. If glass is that big of a deal for you, this isn't the tank for you. The new ultim sections are better than glass, imo, you can use any kind of juice, just like glass, and don't have to worry about breakage as much if you drop it or whatever. It does come with two pmma sections, the 'tall'one, holds about 4ml, I think, and the standard, short one, that holds 2ml. I've never used the short setup but some guys do.
Yep and there are other options out there. I got the Modfather which is also not mass produced. Excellent build quality, awesome options like a series deck, postless deck, tall and short kits. It also doesn't cheap out with a plastic tank. Downside is small runs so they're hard to find and sell out fast.

Utem is plastic and I amongst a lot of others don't like nor trust plastic and for the price of this tank it should have glass. Also for the price having to pay additional for Ultem (just another form of plastic) .... nope.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Reactions: benley73

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I had two modfathers, they're pretty good, but I much prefer the Sherman. Modfathers are not that hard to get if you pay attention to when they're available, like right now. The decks on the other hand, sell out quickly, and can be hard to get. There is supposed to be a new batch in January. The gold Modfather was just released, too. IMO it's best with the 'shorty kit' and the series deck, on a pwm box...nice cloudy vape at .6 ohms....I never got the kind of flavor out of the MF that I get from the Sherman, but I did enjoy it for the five months I ran it. A giant single alien coil on the postless deck was the best flavor build that I used.
The Hurricane, a $200 tank, also comes with a pmma tank, as do some other high end tanks. Personally, I am looking forward to the new Ultem 6.5 ml tank/driptip combo that's coming out for the Sherman. Glass isn't a deal breaker for me, but as you said, there are plenty of other options out there.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
You should contact the vendor if your threading isn't right...mine is way better than any chinese atty I've used. It's on a par with the Hurricane, as far as machining goes. Yours might be cross threaded or something, it should be smooth as butter. I can only assume that it's either put together wrong, or it has manufacturing errors. Make sure everything is nice and tight and if it still has gaps, I would definitely contact them, it shouldn't. This isn't the only high end-ish tank that uses pmma instead of glass, so does the hurricane and the aqua2....that being said, he has ultim tanks available now, and if you really need glass, the glass from the Omega BFT are said to work, with minimal overhang....to me, it's not a big deal at all, I knew it came with pmma before I ordered it, it's not like they baited and switched on us. Anyway, hope you enjoy the tank and can fix the issues...mine is machined as well as any tank I've ever used and better than 90% of them. I do know that especially as a small company the owner wants his customers to be happy, so I'm sure they'll address any machining issues you have....I'm in their facebook group, and haven't seen anyone else mention gaps.

I'll show ya what I mean:

VVJdDy1.jpg

I wrote to the manufacturer on FB, no response yet. I also saw no other complaints of it on their FB group, but I had to mention it here, just in case this is a result of them kicking up production to meet demands. Definitely looks like a threading issue imo.

Reactions: benley73
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread