Shopping For A Mod (Provari) & Backup (???) That use the same battery type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
We are all entitled to our individual personal preference. I can set my Darwin to 8.4 watts and no matter what atty I throw on, LR, SR, or HV, it will adjust the voltage automatically. I'd rather, personally, have it do the work for me than manually adjust the voltage on a vv depending on the atty I put on. That's all. If that's unimportant to someone, then it wouldn't be a selling point for them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

That is a great feature, and I agree with you. It really is no hassle though to change the voltage if I choose to go to a different Ohm atty. However, I really have not had a need to change to a different Ohm atty.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I click my ProVari once every time I vape it. With the ProVari its kinda like set it and forget it. Seems like the same for the Darwin too.

If you pick up a new atty with different resistance and flaws....you're going to have to use a different setting.

Not with Darwin...same power setting. It changes all the voltage and amprage for you.

But I think the main thing that'll be the deciding factor for many people (a bold assumption on my part) is the shape/looks of it, and the battery type.

They both rock :)

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Using the same type if atty would probably make that a moot feature for you. I love trying new ones. I have a couple favs, right now the 2.0 ohm 306 Cisco...Yum!

I'm still in that vaping stage where I have small stocks of all kinds of cheap parts. I've got KR-808 cartos to use up...tons of sampler juices to try out. Several cheap atties that I don't even know who made them. Vortex, several different variants of the CE2....

In my case...this thing is breathing life into a lot of stuff that was 'junk' on my eGo and KR batteries.

Of course...Both ProVari and Darwn can do this well...
It's just a no brainer for me right now and I"m loving it...start at the lowest setting and tweak a wheel slowly upward (don't even have to look at it really) while i draw till it hits right for me :)

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
If you pick up a new atty with different resistance and flaws....you're going to have to use a different setting.

Not with Darwin...same power setting. It changes all the voltage and amprage for you.

But I think the main thing that'll be the deciding factor for many people (a bold assumption on my part) is the shape/looks of it, and the battery type.

They both rock :)

I use the same Ohm atty all the time, actually a CE2 in a tank. A CE2 may vari by 0.1 ohm either way, I still keep my volts set at 4.5 and really can't tell the difference.

Yes, I agree they both are awesome PV's.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I use the same Ohm atty all the time, actually a CE2 in a tank. A CE2 may vari by 0.1 ohm either way, I still keep my volts set at 4.5 and really can't tell the difference.

Yes, I agree they both are awesome PV's.

I still love those CE2s best for 98% of my juices so far. Just love the way they vape and draw...
I'm finding I like the Vortex more now I'm out of 3.7v land....MUCH more...but still slightly favor the way CE2s vape.

Next on my list to try is a Ato-Mizer atty building kit,
the SmokTech Dual Coil cartos,
and maybe a 901 and 306.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
I'm still in that vaping stage where I have small stocks of all kinds of cheap parts. I've got KR-808 cartos to use up...tons of sampler juices to try out. Several cheap atties that I don't even know who made them. Vortex, several different variants of the CE2....

In my case...this thing is breathing life into a lot of stuff that was 'junk' on my eGo and KR batteries.

Of course...Both ProVari and Darwn can do this well...
It's just a no brainer for me right now and I"m loving it...start at the lowest setting and tweak a wheel slowly upward (don't even have to look at it really) while i draw till it hits right for me :)

Sounds awesome.

All my stock of kr808's, different atty's, eGo kits and sample juice bottles are all put up.

I DIY now and I'm happy I'm not fiddling with all kind of different stuff like when I started.

Now I just kick back with my tank on my PV and it's awesome. No more dripping and fiddling for me I hated all the messing all the time.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I agree, the ce2 tank is my fav vape to date. Think the 306 Cisco is my second fav. But, love the vapor that comes from the map!

I don't know why, but I do have a couple of flavors that just don't come through in a CE2...or even dripped on an atty, but put them in a cheap who the heck makes these KR carto left over that first mini cig kit and WOW...yummy.

I guess some things just need a dirty sock to taste good? LOL

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Using the same type if atty would probably make that a moot feature for you. I love trying new ones. I have a couple favs, right now the 2.0 ohm 306 Cisco...Yum!

I bought two of those 306 atty's, I used one once to see what it was all about and tossed them in my atty box. I haven't touch them since. I gave up on meesing with dripping and fiddling all the time now that I have my tank. :D

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I bought two of those 306 atty's, I used one once to see what it was all about and tossed them in my atty box. I haven't touch them since. I gave up on meesing with dripping and fiddling all the time now that I have my tank. :D

No doubt I'll eventually get there too...but at this stage I'm changing flavors every half hour or so ;) Making piles of the keeper, meepers, and 'uuoh, I'm broke and all out of juice) piles.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
I'm Guessing most are using the MAP tanks. Has anyone tried the GP-SSR (Good Prophets Simple Service Resovoir) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/good-prophets/173390-new-gp-ssr-pics.html. It is a better tank design.

The draw, (air flow through the tank) is adjustable and the CE2 is so easy to replace you just screw it on and off, add it uses clear or steel CE2's

I also modified my two MAP tanks like the GP-SSR and they are awesome.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/182478-hybrid-tank-mod-map-tank-gp-ssr.html

I would recommend the GP-SSR over the MAP tank. However, if your going to do the above MOD I would recommend the MAP tank instead. If you can cut a CE2 for the MAP tank you should have no problem doing this MOD.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I'm Guessing most are using the MAP tanks. Has anyone tried the GP-SSR (Good Prophets Simple Service Resovoir) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/good-prophets/173390-new-gp-ssr-pics.html

The draw (air flow through the tank) is adjustable and the CE2 is so easy to replace you just screw it on and off.

I also modified my two MAP tanks like the GP-SSR and they are awesome.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/182478-hybrid-tank-mod-map-tank-gp-ssr.html

I would recommend the GP-SSR over the MAP tank. However, if your going to do the above MOD I would recommend the MAP tank instead. If you can cut a CE2 for the MAP tank you should have no problem doing this MOD.

Not yet...I made my own kind of like the storm tank but using a bottle and washers instead, but haven't used it but once. Kinda keen on filling a hand-full of the stock metal ones with different flavors and swapping them out throughout the day.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Not yet...I made my own kind of like the storm tank but using a bottle and washers instead, but haven't used it but once. Kinda keen on filling a hand-full of the stock metal ones with different flavors and swapping them out throughout the day.

I heard about the storm tank. Do you have a link so I could check it out? Or the vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread