Show us your secret atomizer " must have" tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel2047

Oct 19, 2015
These are what I use for wrapping coils. I love the rubber gripped screwdrivers. Cheap Amazon set

jig-001_zpsuutzftfi.jpg

This looks like what i need! what is it called? im having no luck googling coil gripper lol.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I find these to be of utmost importance, a "must have" if you will. After all without them most everything else in this thread gets infinitely harder to use.

open-hands.jpg

Kind of surprised it took this long for someone to post it. ;) :D

DOH.... I should have thought about that, but since mine are such rubbish....

tumblr_lqgug23tdu1qj6qk9o1_500.jpg

Oh, and these are kinda important too.... mine are also rubbish

18mqqyp8ew2pjjpg.jpg

this is me....
8192014144997.jpg

Last edited:

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
I DO need one, is it easily refillable? Im going to find it and see if its not too costly... Right now Im using one of these http://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/600x600p/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/article/129/66/78454731.jpg

Kinda unwieldy for me....but it works

Those big propane torches have their place, but are a little heavy handed for our purposes.

These are a bit more expensive than some, but are built for durability.

Blazer Products 189-8000 GT8000 Big Shot Bench Torch

Filling is very simple. Simply turn the torch upside down, stick in butane refill nozzle into filling hole and push. Fills last quite a while as the torch has a pretty large capacity. I've had mine for about two years and refilled it probably three times consuming one refill can. Order several refill canisters to save on shipping.

HJE Bernzomatic 5.5 Oz. Gas Refill Canister American Made Hand Tools

BTW- These items are available all over the place, but I believe these prices currently are about the best.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Those big propane torches have their place, but are a little heavy handed for our purposes.

You arent kidding, I use it very , very , very carefully. I fear Im going to torch myself..... I will have to get one of those, I saw on Amazon a model by same company that was a bit less expensive and I think smaller.

WHat do you think of this one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z2DAOQU?psc=1

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
I don't have any experience with that one, the reviews seem pretty favorable though.

The Big Shot on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Blazer-GT8000-Shot-Butane-Torch/dp/B000NCZU0A

Over 300 reviews, 5 star avg, 88% 5 star over all, best selling butane torch on Amazon.

For $14 more than the one you've listed, it's a really safe bet.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Reactions: entropy1049

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Definitely The bars off of a tattoo gun. I remove the needles off them and use the bars. I build a lot of Protank coils and they are the perfect size for duel coils then I also place a third one in for spacing the deul coils. Also use them to push the wicks in all the stock coils I rebuild. I buy them by the hundred as I give everyone one that comes to coil building classes and dripper cloud night. CHEERS!

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
The one on the far left my grandfather made 50+ years ago and the other one I picked up on e-bay.

And no I'm not a dentist, I just found a better use for their tools.

BEALE CARVER Dental Lab Wax Instrument Spatula Double Ended CE - FAST SHIP

This one I took a dremel and cut off one of the spoons (right at the base of the spoon) and rounded it and it's perfect for just about every build. It gets a lot of use since I made the modification

3x PERIODONTAL LUCAS BONE CURETTE #87 - DENTAL SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS - PREMIUM

My grandfathers is the best ;)

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
If you happen to be looking at butane torches, I can vouch for this baby:

I had a Lenk LPT-200: Wall Lenk - LPT-200 - Automatic Ignition Butane Torch | Sears Outlet that I had for about four years, but it's only seen regular use since I started rebuilding about two years ago. The ignitor has since failed, and I purchased this one two weeks ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FN0ZCK?keywords=butane torch&qid=1447787612&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

I like that it is easy to use one-handed. However, I now have two full Lenk butane cans that I cannot use because the fill nozzle isn't compatible with the new torch. :oops:

Ultrasonic cleaners come in handy for most general cleansing chores as well, and can be had at the scale we use for about $30.

I forgot to add that to my list of tools. I bought the cheapest one they have on Amazon. I use it several times a week, and it's held up quite nicely. A little water, a drop of detergent, and everything comes out clean!

The only down side is mine has a three minute timer, so stuff that needs a little extra cleaning means I have to either go to the kitchen several times to start the cycle, or hang out in the kitchen.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I had a Lenk LPT-200: Wall Lenk - LPT-200 - Automatic Ignition Butane Torch | Sears Outlet that I had for about four years, but it's only seen regular use since I started rebuilding about two years ago. The ignitor has since failed, and I purchased this one two weeks ago:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FN0ZCK?keywords=butane torch&qid=1447787612&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

I like that it is easy to use one-handed. However, I now have two full Lenk butane cans that I cannot use because the fill nozzle isn't compatible with the new torch. :oops:

I forgot to add that to my list of tools. I bought the cheapest one they have on Amazon. I use it several times a week, and it's held up quite nicely. A little water, a drop of detergent, and everything comes out clean!

The only down side is mine has a three minute timer, so stuff that needs a little extra cleaning means I have to either go to the kitchen several times to start the cycle, or hang out in the kitchen.

I got the same one, the timer is the only "down or con" but its perfect for vaping needs.

Reactions: K_Tech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread