Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
One of the most used tools are these little brushes. Great for cleaning down the chimneys, and drip tips and scrubbing the threads. I also use them when cleaning my coils. I wash the coils prior to dry burning.... Yes, I know some say its unsafe, but I have since switched to stainless steel wire.

I also use the brush after dry burning to make sure any residue is brushed off. I also found some that are made of stainless steel wire on ebay.

If anyone gets these nylon ones, be careful to let your coil cool or you will melt it :(

http://www.amazon.com/SE-TC01N-5-Piece-Nylon-Brush/dp/B003YCGWBC/ref=pd_sim_328_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=31UIDAnczAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1KTTDT8S7T1Y3CAMA463

71YJZdyIjrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ive got a question regarding a good pair of angled cutting pliers for snipping off that last bit of wire after tightening down the legs.

I have tried nail clippers and have a hard time getting it in the right place/ angle to get close enough. Im on my second pair of these kind of wire cutters. First one broke, the one now is getting really dull. Is there a way to sharpen them or is there a brand that doesnt cost almost 100 that will last for more than a couple months?

the Hakko are the ones getting dull.
Zuron broke in a few months

pliers-002_zpsnhekcyd4.jpg

pliers-001_zpsjteydtmc.jpg

Reactions: Vapin Dave

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Last edited:

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
A subset of my rebuilding tools. The thrums are the Dr. Slick SF5B and are Made in Germany. The cutters are the venerable Knipex 77 32 120 H ESD. Notably missing from view (they are both in my mobile rebuilding box) are the Xuron 9180AS and 9180NSAS which I find to be the best scissors in terms of usability and build quality for rayon. Vape Nutt VNC in the center. Menda spudger helps remove tight O-rings. Matco magnetic bowl is superior to the ATD variant (I have them both) for keeping small parts and screws organized. My mobile rebuilding box is currently at work and is also fit with various Knipex and Xuron tools, but features PB Swiss precision (ESD) drivers vs Wiha. The SwissTool X and the POM atty holder next to it are for ultra-mobile excursions (e.g. backpacking).

atomizer_tools.jpg

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I love those magnetic "dish/cup" I got it for when I take my computers apart, but I use it for vape maintenance more often.

I Like/Have 4 or 5 of this Tins each with a Frig Magnet inside.

LifeSaversFruitTartsOrange2.JPG

It's nice to have a Lid sometimes for Projects that I don't finish Right Away.

That, and I like the Candy that comes in them. So it's Kinda a Win-Win.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
Of all the tools I have accumulated specifically for rebuilding, the ones I have been impressed with the most have been the PB Swiss precision drivers...

pbswiss_drivers.jpg

Noticeably superior to Wiha drivers: Blade tips are thinner with a more precise flat grind. Beefier shafts. Bolster ended handles for precision work. A definite reference tool.

pbswiss_vs_wiha.jpg

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Of all the tools I have accumulated specifically for rebuilding, the ones I have been impressed with the most have been the PB Swiss precision drivers...

View attachment 516561

Noticeably superior to Wiha drivers: Blade tips are thinner with a more precise flat grind. Beefier shafts. Bolster ended handles for precision work. A definite reference tool.

View attachment 516562

You just had to post that.... As much as I like the Wiha, I always wished they were not a thick.... It doesnt take much to make me want tools no matter how many I already have....

Reactions: sig-cmt

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
You just had to post that.... As much as I like the Wiha, I always wished they were not a thick.... It doesnt take much to make me want tools no matter how many I already have....

You and my husband. We already can't use the garage as a garage, it's got too many tools in it! Now it's xmas, he's whining about a bench grinder and a shop vac. :facepalm:

Andria

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
tools_02.JPG

I just realized after I took this pic that it's only part of the tools that I use in building. Other things include a couple of multi meters, a drill, a vise, and several other things. I keep the above tools, and a few others, in a dedicated tackle box used strictly for coil building. I'm sort of a hoarder when it comes to small tools, for I have several other tackle boxes dedicated to my other hobbies: a tackle box for my fountain pen rebuilding tools, a tackle box for my razor and shaving brush building tools, a tackle box for my knife repair and sharpening tools, a tackle box for my fishing reel maintenance tools, a tackle box for my golf club tools, a tackle box for my watch tools, a tackle box for my cigarette lighter tools, and a huge Snap-on tool tower for all of my guitar/luthier tools. I love dental tools and find them really handy. I had a close friend who was my dentist for several years who gave me 20 or 30 dental tools whenever I asked.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread