• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sign petition, make noise, do what ever but do it ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
Australian vapers and non vapers, it is not looking too good for e-cigs. EU want to ban them and around the World vapers are being put in to same category as smokers effectively banning vaping in most places. Australia has been so far quiet, watching what happens elsewhere but most likely will follow.
It's time to stop being apathetic. If they succeed, there will be no e-cigs and Millions of people will be put on death row because of that.
Sign this petition
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition...email&mobile=1
Even if you think petitions are useless, do it.
Find other petitions, make noise, do what ever you can to be heard.
We know there are numerous legitimate studies, all pointing to e-cigs being infinitely safer than burning tobacco which is still being sold freely to public.
E-cigs are the most important thing that happened to public health this Century and it's not something to take with "she'll be right mate" attitude.
I am not an activist, you don't have to be either but we can help the ones that are good at it.
Do it for your self, do it for your kids. Future generations might never forgive us if we just sit and let the chance to save countless lives slip by.
Make noise, let the World know how we feel about safer alternative.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
maybe if we're quiet they will leave us alone .

They won't.

vaping has gained too much momentum. 5 years ago it was a couple of oddballs puffing away on some funny contraptions.

This year, global sales of vaping gear and liquids topped the 1 billion mark. Extrapolating current trends, the number of vapers will surpass the number of smokers in seven to ten years. BT didn't have it easy in Oz in the first place, but they sure have their lobbyists working hard.

Too many folks, too many organisations, too many careers, too much money, too many taxes hooked on the gravy train of BT. For them, even a small 650mAh ego-type battery is like a monkey wrench in their machinations...

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
I am not feeling complacent at all, but have no idea where or to whom to speak my mind about any concerns I have. I don't think the politicians really care at the moment.

The whole ecig scene is so new that the pollies proly don't know what to do at this stage, and will put it in the too hard basket until more "evidence/knowledge/studies/research" comes along. On the other hand BT has a lot to lose and will be following a damage reduction or future profit boosting plan or both already. It really does not look good from my eyes and I fear the worst, although I am normally optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread