Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Meh. I know how much healthier I am, and how much better I feel, since I replaced a 2 PAD habit with vaping a bit more than 3 years ago. These things are also completely obvious to everyone I interact with on a regular basis -- my family and colleagues. Then there's the fact that I can't imagine having given up the old habit any other way. But of course Professor Chapman won't take my situation, or the millions of similar ones into account from his ivory tower.

Blind Owl

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
BC, Canada
Meh. I know how much healthier I am, and how much better I feel, since I replaced a 2 PAD habit with vaping a bit more than 3 years ago. These things are also completely obvious to everyone I interact with on a regular basis -- my family and colleagues. Then there's the fact that I can't imagine having given up the old habit any other way. But of course Professor Chapman won't take my situation, or the millions of similar ones into account from his ivory tower.

Anecdotal evidence. We won't know for sure until some 'expert' confirms that we actually did quit smoking, and actually enjoy better health, thanks to vaping.

I've been an avid sci-fi fan for the last 50 years or so. No one predicted that the future would be this stupid.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Anecdotal evidence. We won't know for sure until some 'expert' confirms that we actually did quit smoking, and actually enjoy better health, thanks to vaping.

I've been an avid sci-fi fan for the last 50 years or so. No one predicted that the future would be this stupid.

Huxley did.

Cheers
I

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Perhaps Chappers should have a read of this ........
Ah... more solid facts from across the pond. Too bad these tests were done on people with British lungs; everyone knows they're different than ours.

Been waiting for my flying car since 1969.

WiSK

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
The Netherlands

Larry Niven in 1965's One Face not only predicted e-cigs:

"Now I have a question, Captain. What is that?"

Verd followed his pointing finger. "Never seen a tabac stick?"

Avran shook his head.

"There's a funny tranquilizer in tobacco that helps you concentrate,
lets you block out distractions. People used to have to inhale
tobacco smoke to get it. That caused lung cancer. Now we do it
better. Are there tobacco plants in the consignment?"

"I'm afraid not. Can you give up the habit?"

"If I have to. But I'll hate it."
But also stupidity regarding the stigma associated with their use:

"We're inviting you to resign."

"Thanx, but I think not."

"We could impeach you, you know." Jimm Farmer was neither angry nor
embarrassed; merely interested. "We could charge you with addiction
to tabac sticks, try you, and convict you."

"Tabac sticks?"

"Sure, everybody knows they're not addictive. The point is that you
can't find a higher court to reverse our decision."

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Well, so far we've got Aldous Huxley.
And if I may, I would add George Orwell.

And the movie Idiocracy, directed by Mike Judge.
And the movie Wall-E, directed by Andrew Stanton.

And, well, most of us here in this particular subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread