Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
How does Toptank compare to Subtank? Wouldn't mind having a Kanger again. Have gotten top fill spoiled.
Subtank performance with top fill and 4ml capacity vs 4.5ml with the STM. I'm delighted. I was going to pair a black one with the Battlestar if I couldn't find a copper Battlestar tank. And one in white, which is already paired with my Bama logo'ed Pico.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Bumpity bump bump.

Battlestar arrived today. This thing feels great and it may quickly become my favorite device. I've only run it with a new GeekVape Illusion and a Baby Beast, so no Temp Control spin yet. The manual claims 95% battery efficiency, which impresses me.

Rock solid build and so far, it's the best non-eleaf purchase I've made this year.

I'm a happy vaper, y'all. :)

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Bumpity bump bump.

Battlestar arrived today. This thing feels great and it may quickly become my favorite device. I've only run it with a new GeekVape Illusion and a Baby Beast, so no Temp Control spin yet. The manual claims 95% battery efficiency, which impresses me.

Rock solid build and so far, it's the best non-Eleaf purchase I've made this year.

Yay! I knew you would really like it. It is a great mod. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bumpity bump bump.

Rock solid build and so far, it's the best non-Eleaf purchase I've made this year.

I think its a solid performer. I just ordered another one from Fasttech a week ago. That and a Smoant Charon TC in copper color. The battery life on the Battlestar is a lot better than my SMOK Procolor.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Subtank performance with top fill and 4ml capacity vs 4.5ml with the STM. I'm delighted. I was going to pair a black one with the Battlestar if I couldn't find a copper Battlestar tank. And one in white, which is already paired with my Bama logo'ed Pico.
I knew you would like it. I loved mine so much I ordered another one in copper with a matching Battlestar RDTA.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I do like it. A lot.

I also found out today that the name is pronounced Smo-Ant. Two syllables, for those who would like to use it in a Haiku.

That makes sense because...
upload_2017-9-30_19-9-40.png

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Yea I love my Battlestar, works just as good in tc mode. I was gonna get an alien way back when, And I never even heard of Smoant or the Battlestar when someone recommended it. After doing some research I couldn't find anyone with a bad thing to say about it. I pulled the trigger and never looked back. One of my favorite things is the shape. It never gets knocked over even though I bump it all the time. In my opinion it is the best value vape mod available bar none. I'm currently waiting on my second Smoant mod. I've ordered the Charon TS. I was gonna get the Charon tc but when I seen the touchscreen I decided to get it. Main reason was I only have an Apple computer and I wouldn't be able to use the curve modes because you need a PC. But on the Charon TS it's done on the mod so my computer don't matter. Also it's getting some good reviews so hopefully I'll agree. I should have it early next week. It's taken awhile, I hate waiting on vapemail from China but I love the prices. I couldn't pass up the $25 savings over the cheapest US price I could find. Anyway I'll shut up now.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Yea I love my Battlestar, works just as good in tc mode. I was gonna get an alien way back when, And I never even heard of Smoant or the Battlestar when someone recommended it. After doing some research I couldn't find anyone with a bad thing to say about it. I pulled the trigger and never looked back. One of my favorite things is the shape. It never gets knocked over even though I bump it all the time. In my opinion it is the best value vape mod available bar none. I'm currently waiting on my second Smoant mod. I've ordered the Charon TS. I was gonna get the Charon tc but when I seen the touchscreen I decided to get it. Main reason was I only have an Apple computer and I wouldn't be able to use the curve modes because you need a PC. But on the Charon TS it's done on the mod so my computer don't matter. Also it's getting some good reviews so hopefully I'll agree. I should have it early next week. It's taken awhile, I hate waiting on vapemail from China but I love the prices. I couldn't pass up the $25 savings over the cheapest US price I could find. Anyway I'll shut up now.
After my Aliens bit the dust and ended up in the dead mod graveyard drawer, I did some serious research for their replacements. Smoant Battlestar, like you said, had absolutely no bad reviews. I ended up with 2 Battlestars, 2 Charon 218s, an Ijoy Captain and now an IJoy Capo. So far I am happy with my selections and all are well built mods

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
If I could convince myself to put my Minkin V2 down and pick my Battlestar back up, I am sure I would enjoy it tremendously. I am just madly in love with my purple Minikin. It also has curve modes on the mod as it is touchscreen too. I have read that TC and TCR work poorly on the Minikin and I have to yet to try it out. I will do that tomorrow just so I can see for myself but I love this mod so much that it will not be a turn-off for me if it doesn't work correctly. I have to try though.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I have a minor complaint. It seems the low voltage cutoff is 3.4v per cell. The mod flashed low and when the brand new married 25Rs went on the charger a few minutes ago, the LUC read their charges at 3.4. That's actually kinder to my batteries over the long run so it's a minor nit.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I have a minor complaint. It seems the low voltage cutoff is 3.4v per cell. The mod flashed low and when the brand new married 25Rs went on the charger a few minutes ago, the LUC read their charges at 3.4. That's actually kinder to my batteries over the long run so it's a minor nit.
Someone else mentioned that and I guess I just haven't noticed or it hasn't bothered me. I'll have to see if it does it on the Charon 218 too. I will let you know.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My batteries in Charon tc has never gotten that low. Tend to switch them out when they drop below 50%. One time the Adjustable got down to 3.3, but I believe vv is different. Not really sure how all that works. I know it is regulated, but not the same as vw & tc somehow. Anyway adj was still firing, just weak. Admit I pay more attention when I'm using adj, made me uneasy that my batt was that low.

Reactions: Eskie

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
It's 3.4v cutoff for sure. Three battery rotations, all came out at the same spot. They are discharging at almost the exact same rate though.

I'm beyond delighted with the mod and the Illusion tank on it ain't no slouch, either.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Great looking mod, I hope she gives you many years of uninterrupted use. I was in Mckinney, TX a few months ago, my brother lives there. Nice town, just a little too hot for my liking. Next time I visit, it will be in the winter.
Fun fact about McKinney, Richard Speck was arrested there for disturbing the peace. This was a few years before he was arrested up here for mass murder. There was some disturbing video of him in statesville prison in the early 90's I believe, transitioning into a women doing drugs and prostituting himself. It was a big story exposing the corruption in our fine prison. Man talk about a thread drift, sorry. o_O

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
It's 3.4v cutoff for sure. Three battery rotations, all came out at the same spot. They are discharging at almost the exact same rate though.

I'm beyond delighted with the mod and the Illusion tank on it ain't no slouch, either.
I guess I don't notice it because as soon as I get down to 2 bars on the batteries,
I set those to charging and grab another mod, locked and loaded:evil:

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I tried out the NiChrome (NC) mode last night and I'm still playing with it this morning. It's interesting. It's definitely not TC as we've come to understand it.

I'm using 0.20 Ω coils in a Kanger Juppi. They're NiChrome notch coils that are rewickable (spent less than $20 on the tank and a 5-pk of pre-wicked coils).

I picked NC mode in the menu and set the temp to 220F. I set the starting wattage at 35W. When taking a draw, the device seemed to slowly ramp up in power, then seemed to pulse the power level. But at no time did the temperature change on the display. Increasing the starting wattage to 40 Watts, then 45, 50, 55... to 80 just seemed to shorten the ramp time and increase the pulse frequency. I got a warning hit from the coil at 80. The Juppi Box Mod has a 75 Watt limit, so the warning shot makes sense.

Increasing the temperature in 20 degree F increments seems to increase the intensity of the power pulses.

It's seems like the programmer of the chipset knew how NiCr of a given resistance behaves at various power settings, and set out to modulate the power fluctuation to start and stop at the right rate and at the right level to deliver a smooth hit.

It's not temperature control per se, but it serves the goal of avoiding a dry hit--at least up to the limits of the coil. Air and juice flow are the two things the programmer can't know about. So an atomizer with great systems to manage those two variables, matched with a mod that knows NiCr behavior under ideal circumstances... Vape Nirvana!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread