Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
You and Gearbest. ;)

I think I'm through with all of the Chinese warehouse joints. At least for a while. Their pricing is always attractive but four weeks (my last FT order) ain't worth a measly few bucks.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
What I love about the BattleStar....

I am a huge fan of technology and I feel that just adding "cool" stuff to a anything is sometimes just foolish and many times it just takes away from the the actual functionality of the product. The BattleStar "just works" and it works perfectly fine and has the right features for me.

Feels great in my hands.
Has good heft and weight to it.
Battery door is easy to use and it stays put.
Display shows just the right information and easy to read.
Has wattage adjustment starting at 1w. Most other mods I have used start at 10w, mainly my old Sigelei mods.

I haven't used TC mode yet, so I cannnot comment on that. I mainly use power mode and it works perfectly fine for me. The last mod I had that worked this well for me was the Sigelei 150. The only thing that I didn't like on it was its size.

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
Meh, I'm underwhelmed. And no it's not the tank. Trying to return it but they want me to pay for shipping. Don't think I want to be into this for any more money than I already am. I popped it and there is nothing obviously wrong so it's not an easy fix. Might try to go honey badger on it myself and take it to the rifle range if I mess it up worse. Using like this will get on my last nerve.

201710267.jpg

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Damn, that's tragic. You say, "I popped it." Does that mean it fell/was dropped with the tank on it, bending the 510 connection out of whack?

As a last resort, I'd find a 510/eGo adapter and a throwaway CE4 or Evod and try to bend it back and at least get it looking halfway decent.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Meh, I'm underwhelmed. And no it's not the tank. Trying to return it but they want me to pay for shipping. Don't think I want to be into this for any more money than I already am. I popped it and there is nothing obviously wrong so it's not an easy fix. Might try to go honey badger on it myself and take it to the rifle range if I mess it up worse. Using like this will get on my last nerve.

View attachment 696273
Before id go 223 on the mod dog id take cowboys advice and try to bend it back, nothing to lose at that point

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
(popped=taken apart .. lol) Bending wasn't really an option and I'm glad I didn't force it, it would have crushed the wires. Well I took it down again and trimmed the some hot glue off the 510 base so the wires clear the support better o_O, also spun it 180 and filed a pretty bad high spot off the platform. It's better than it was, probably half way. Having said all this I will admit it operates fine it's just the attention to detail on this one is crap.

We'll see ...

103248.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread