Not open for further replies.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I'm bumping into the lack of availability of the atty in copper also. Smokstore has it in copper, but that's a newbie Chinese reseller and I've never dealt with them before. I did order the mod I linked to above. GB says it ships tomorrow. If I need to, I'll match it with one of my black tanks.

I am quoting you twice in the same thread. Don't you feel special? Smokstore's listing says it is a pre-order and the price is $10 more than I paid at vape-market, which may or may not be legit. I guess I will know soon.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I am quoting you twice in the same thread. Don't you feel special? Smokstore's listing says it is a pre-order and the price is $10 more than I paid at vape-market, which may or may not be legit. I guess I will know soon.
I was looking at this:

Battlestar Sub Ohm Tank By Smoant

I don't do rebuildables. I have almost zero dexterity in my right hand (thank God I'm a south paw). Every tank I own takes drop in coils.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Rigid wrist brace did wonders for my carpal tunnel. Had to wear for 10 weeks.

I still wear braces at night when I have a flare-up. For me, anything that requires a sustained gripping for a period of time causes it to hurt like heck!

Last edited:

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
None of you local shops got tobacco lisences? Cuz the ones I know do can rebuild for you

The battle star rta exists they sale it with the mod as q kit and what ever the new smoant 80 w kit Is called comes with the battle star rta too

My shop just got some battle star mods gonna have to finally hold one

Reactions: Letitia

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
None of you local shops got tobacco lisences? Cuz the ones I know do can rebuild for you

The battle star rta exists they sale it with the mod as q kit and what ever the new smoant 80 w kit Is called comes with the battle star rta too

My shop just got some battle star mods gonna have to finally hold one

It is nearly impossible to find online. I checked all of my usual haunts and a few that were off the main drag and none had the Battlestar RTA in copper. I ordered it from a vendor that I have never used and know nothing about. If I don't get it, I am out $20 bucks. I hope that isn't the case.

Once the coils in that's half the battle glow all the gunk off glow it red dip it in water burn it red again repeat re wick should save the hassle of wrapping a new coil

I personally don't have a relationship with any shops in my area. There might be some that rebuild but I thought the new FDA rules forbid the employees to be of much help to customers. Now, I know that if I owned a vape shop, I would take the risks to help someone who needed it. Coils can last a month or more with burning but some people just don't have the dexterity to put it in, screw in the teensy screws, and clip the tails. It is easy for those of us who have full use of our hands but not so much for those who don't.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
It is nearly impossible to find online. I checked all of my usual haunts and a few that were off the main drag and none had the Battlestar RTA in copper. I ordered it from a vendor that I have never used and know nothing about. If I don't get it, I am out $20 bucks. I hope that isn't the case.

I personally don't have a relationship with any shops in my area. There might be some that rebuild but I thought the new FDA rules forbid the employees to be of much help to customers. Now, I know that if I owned a vape shop, I would take the risks to help someone who needed it. Coils can last a month or more with burning but some people just don't have the dexterity to put it in, screw in the teensy screws, and clip the tails. It is easy for those of us who have full use of our hands but not so much for those who don't.
My store does replace coils as long as it is the same build that you had in it.

Sent from the future

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia

The copper is out of stock there. Believe me, I looked.

As for tobacco licenses, it is very expensive now to comply with the FDA's Deeming Regulations. Unless something changed that I am not aware of, vape shops employees cannot build or install coils for customers. They can't add nicotine or mix e-liquids. Some probably do the things they aren't supposed to do but those are the rules. I think that the extension of the Deeming Regulations only applies to products that shops buy from licensed vendors and resell.

Thanks for the link to smoant-mall. I have no idea why that didn't come up in any of my searches. If I don't get the $19.99 one that I bought from the other vendor, I know where to go. Appreciate it!

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
My store does replace coils as long as it is the same build that you had in it.

Sent from the future

Thanks! I guess some see some leeway in the regs and I am glad of that. Since I don't have a relationship with a local shop, I am glad I can do it myself.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
My dexterity issues aren't carpal tunnel. It's an ancient neck and shoulder injury. Goes all the way down the right arm.

My closest vape shop is 18 miles away. They're great folks and well stocked. They cater to the tourist crowd, but are not bad price-wise on gear. I bought one of my Pico mods there at their Memorial Day sale. $40.00, which is cheap for a B&M.

I think I'm gonna say a prayer and go with the Smokstore tank offering. They're a registered supplier here on ECF so there's that.

The Battlestar combo will be my last outlay until Black Friday. I can afford almost anything, but I'm frankly running out of time in the day to fill, charge, mix AND vape everything.

Shinyitis? I'm badly afflicted. :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My dexterity issues aren't carpal tunnel. It's an ancient neck and shoulder injury. Goes all the way down the right arm.

My closest vape shop is 18 miles away. They're great folks and well stocked. They cater to the tourist crowd, but are not bad price-wise on gear. I bought one of my Pico mods there at their Memorial Day sale. $40.00, which is cheap for a B&M.

I think I'm gonna say a prayer and go with the Smokstore tank offering. They're a registered supplier here on ECF so there's that.

The Battlestar combo will be my last outlay until Black Friday. I can afford almost anything, but I'm frankly running out of time in the day to fill, charge, mix AND vape everything.

Shinyitis? I'm badly afflicted. :D
You can install a coil in Engine Nano with your left hand. All you would need from right hand is to put R thumb against coil while using L to screw legs. Had to do it that way a couple times after a fall.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
You can install a coil in Engine Nano with your left hand. All you would need from right hand is to put R thumb against coil while using L to screw legs. Had to do it that way a couple times after a fall.
Nah, I'm good. First, I'd have to acquire the tank. Just what I need--another new tank! Then I'd have to acquire some prewrapped coils (I actually have a great wrapper; she has a store on ebay). Then I'd have wick the damned thing.

Meanwhile, there my Subtanks, Baby Beasts, Estocs and Toptank sit, crying "Vape Me, Baby!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread