Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Unfortunately, it took some of us a little longer to gather the courage to speak to members of the opposite sex... :facepalm:
Some of us still haven't [emoji38]

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

Last edited:

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Ah, in that case...... uncool for us non 'smartphone' users.
I might have three racks of servers sitting in a secure room in the back of a datacenter, six screens in front of me multitasking to no end, but I do not use one of those life sucking devices.

Is there thermite stacked between the servers in the rack and is there a big, red PANIC button installed? :))

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I had a windows phone for two days, and returned it purely because of the limited amount of Apps available. Loved the phone, but couldn't live without the apps i had come to expect with Android/iOS
The Windows phone (Nokia Lumina 920) is amazing, and though a couple years old, still holds its own, with good performance, great screen, and one of the best cell phone cameras I've ever used....but, no aps [emoji14]
So I use that for day to day use, and swap my SIM card to the Android for play time :D

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Is there thermite stacked between the servers in the rack and is there a big, red PANIC button installed? :))
Haha, no. I would be in litigation until my great great grandchildren had lost the use of their jetpacks to and fro the Andromeda sector haha

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Well like I say, I have at my disposal every flavor of desktop or VM, CT, OS known to man woman and beast, no neck kinking, red light running, lane dusting brain sucking 'smartphones'
I've heard mentioned a program you can run on Windows that will emulate Android...if the computer has Bluetooth, or you have a Bluetooth adaptor, you could use that

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Reactions: BamaBabe4Ever

keyman550

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Springfield,IL
Congrats to all the winners, I work over nights and I was sleeping this morning. I woke up came in here and was flipping through the pages and saw my name on the list, at first i thought someone was playing a trick,
This is the first thing I Have ever won!
Thank you ecf and smok tech very much!

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Congrats to all the winners, I work over nights and I was sleeping this morning. I woke up came in here and was flipping through the pages and saw my name on the list, at first i thought someone was playing a trick,
This is the first thing I Have ever won!
Thank you ecf and smok tech very much!
congratulations

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I had a windows phone for two days, and returned it purely because of the limited amount of Apps available. Loved the phone, but couldn't live without the apps i had come to expect with Android/iOS

I bought a HTC Surround outright on Windows Phone launch day in 2010.

Nice, solid device, all metal, great audio, and a solid LCD display for the time. Ended up selling it for a $100 loss three days later. The Metro UI I could almost live with. Couldn't live with the necessity of using the Sync Center to transfer media or files to the device, no user accessible file storage at ALL, and being unable to connect to the corporate email server due to mail security settings that WinPho7 devices didn't allow you to modify at the time was the last straw.

Stuck with Android devices ever since.

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Haha, no. I would be in litigation until my great great grandchildren had lost the use of their jetpacks to and fro the Andromeda sector haha

I suspect that you can download the complete Android SDK and emulate a phone on top of your OS. Also, I do believe that VirtualBox had the option to have android installed. Not sure if you'll get through to Google Play though. Might need to look for the actual .apk of the App.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread