1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Smoktech SID - Copper Pin on control unit pushed in. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Smoktech "Max" VV devices' started by agt7575, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. agt7575

agt7575 Full Member

Hello..

3 months ago, I purchased two (2) black Smoktech SID's for the wife and I. They worked well for the first 2 1/2 monhs, but recently have been misfiring or turning off all together.

Now, when I first got the devices I noticed that theer is a copper "pin" that extended about 1/16" out from teh bottom of teh control head. This is the "contact" point on teh control head for the installed battery. Well, when the problems started, I unscrewed teh control head from the tube to try to clean this copper "pin" as I figured that it could have gotten dirty, thus, causeing the problems. Well, once the control head was removed from the body, I noticed that the copper "pin" no longer extends out from the bottom of the control head, but is now "flush". I believe that this is what is causeing the unit to misfire and sometimes turn off all together as it no longer makes that good of a contact with the battery.

Has any other SID owners run into this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? NY wife and I both like the units ALOT and would hate to have to purchase new control heads or buy new devices all toether since our SID's are only a few months old.

Thanks in advance guys & gals.

Anthony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.