SID vs CVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
SID vs CVI

Ordered on Saturday, received on Wednesday. Good job!

First, my CVI is from the first shipment so some things my be different with the newer CVI's. Most notably that the New CVI's have attached the 510/ego fitting to the control head.

Threading:

The threading on the CVI is much smoother than on the SID, but, the SID has a much stronger battery cap spring. I'm hoping the threads on the SID will improve with time.

Size:

The CVI is about 1/8th. inch taller, fully assembled, mainly because the SID control head is smaller.

Battery Tube:

The batteries fit much tighter in the SID. So much so that of the 4 Efest 2000's and 2 Efest 2200's, 1 of the 2000's and both of the 2200's would not fit. To resolve this I had to remove the labels, remove the residual glue with alcohol, and then the batteries fit OK.

Heat:

After chain vaping, as I tend to do, the SID seemed to heat up faster than the CVI. Probably because the batteries fit so tightly that they are making more contact with the battery tube than the CVI's.. Additionally, with the shorter control head, I don't know what impact that will have on the internals. Only time will tell.

Menus:

Basically the same system with one major difference. On the CVI.. 3 clicks,"Anyvape", wait, "settings", click and you are in the menus. On the SID, 3 clicks your in the menus! Another difference is while using the CVI, "Anyvape" is alternately displayed on the screen,. On the SID, only the selected LCD display is shown.

Display:

Of the two I ordered, one had tilted text in the display. Have contacted CS for a exchange/replacement of the control head. CVI's also had that problem. My CVI was straight, others reported tilted text.

EDIT 4:37pm.. RMA received. Now thats good customer support!

I purchased the Black and White SID's mainly for the rubberized coating, which I prefer to the raw metal finish. Also, I find the SID has a more pleasing appearance. Just looks more refined. Just wish the other colors of the SID were available. I know that after use, the white SID will become dirty looking where your fingers contact the tube. I had that issue with a white spinner I had.

Last edited:

RT88

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
island fortress
I wanted a blue CVI but they were sold out for so long i got a gold SID from myvaporstore. i love the lightness compared to steel mods. The batt tube is close, but with my samsung pink 2600s, they slide right down slowly with a nice tolerance. It does heat up noticeably after 10 min continuous vaping. i think the aluminum is conducting heat better. its not hot hot and could be a nice hand warmer too.

that 3 or 4 click to volt adj is a problem. i sometimes hit the button repeatedly and it sends me to 5+ volts. so i have to be conscious of rapid button push. overall i like it tho. also got the 18350 tube. the gold finish is nice and surprisingly scratch resistant. that's a big plus for me.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
I wanted a blue CVI but they were sold out for so long i got a gold SID from myvaporstore. i love the lightness compared to steel mods. The batt tube is close, but with my samsung pink 2600s, they slide right down slowly with a nice tolerance. It does heat up noticeably after 10 min continuous vaping. i think the aluminum is conducting heat better. its not hot hot and could be a nice hand warmer too.

that 3 or 4 click to volt adj is a problem. i sometimes hit the button repeatedly and it sends me to 5+ volts. so i have to be conscious of rapid button push. overall i like it tho. also got the 18350 tube. the gold finish is nice and surprisingly scratch resistant. that's a big plus for me.

I have the same issue except for me its the watts. I have two, one black and one white, like the rubberized coating, the black one has more of a problem than the white. They should have made it pause a little before going into settings! I have noticed that the black one no longer has that defined "click" anymore. That may be a contributor.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
last night i was doing my usual on off on off button hits and found it changed to watts thats a first

I've never had it change modes, but, I vape at 8.5 w and usually I notice a decrease in vapor production, look down, and I'm at 12 w. This little glitch will probably keep me from getting another or even a replacement head!

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
last night i was doing my usual on off on off button hits and found it changed to watts thats a first

Thought I'd pass on a little tip. I use T3's and find that they, like most others, produce a lot of condensation. So, I use a 510/ego adapter for two reasons. 1. Never have the battery post issue, always makes good contact. 2. the adapter collects most of the condensation rather than the battery post. Do the same thing with my CVI.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I got the pink SID on CyberMonday sales and I'm really enjoying it. I bought one TrustFire battery and two of the pink Samsung 2600's and the pink Samsungs will not fit in my SID tube!!! Is it ok to take the pink plastic wrap off of them to see if they fit that way? I'm a little scared to do it so I figured I would ask y'all.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
I got the pink SID on CyberMonday sales and I'm really enjoying it. I bought one TrustFire battery and two of the pink Samsung 2600's and the pink Samsungs will not fit in my SID tube!!! Is it ok to take the pink plastic wrap off of them to see if they fit that way? I'm a little scared to do it so I figured I would ask y'all.

As long as it comes off easily. I had the same problem with a couple of Efast's I got. Should be OK. One is still tight even without the label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread