So here's a question.... Do I really NEED a Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I have two Reos in addition to more than a few mech mods and they both have their place. If I'm sitting at my PC or watching TV, I probably have a Simplicity or Atmizoo with an rda in one hand and a bottle of juice in the other. If I'm outside throwing a tennis ball to my dog, or driving, I probably have a Reo. The tube mods seem to produce a bit more vapor, but they both hit great and the Reo is a fantastic, hassle-free mod. I think everyone should try a Reo at least once and decide for themselves. For me a Reo is part of my regular vaping gear.

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
The Origen v2 comes with a bottom feeding kit that works well with a Reo. Plus Reosmods now sells several bottom feeding attys. There are now more choices for bottom fed attys than there ever was.

Curious thing too, once I got used to a Reo, I also started liking the box mod form instead of a tube. Seems more comfortable in hand. And it doesn't fall over as much. Small thing but it helps

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Well we All know you don't have a REO LOL

No you don't need a reo :evil:

I personally find that huge wells drippers (like the magma) make them not so useful.
I mean you can put more than 1 ml in a magma and you're good for a while.

On a reo the bottle is 6ml I believe but then you shouldn't fill it more than 3/4 so that makes about 4ml.

Then on a reo changing juice will be a pain, as the bottle and the tube that feeds from it are plastic, and will retain the flavor of the previous juices. Cleaning the tube must be a pain. There's a reason all reo owners seems to have like 5 of them...

Also you have to squonk every hit or two since the juice will moisten the coil, and the rest will go back in the bottle.

They say it's good because you have fresh juice every time. I say each time you squonk you pull juice in the atty, in contact of your not so clean coil, and let it back in the bottle tainted. That does not seem so fresh to me...

@ OP even with a normal Reo no LP you can use an RM2 or a Cyclone both great Atty's

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
I've tried almost everything and I'm really liking my reo so far.

I too was worried about tainted juice coming back down into the feed bottle. It doesn't happen, at least not with the cyclone. I was also worried about voltage drop, but I picked up one with the sub ohm kit installed and haven't noticed a problem.

As for changing juices, I've gone from mothers milk to white rabbit to milk and honey to ginger by the sea to GVC to nectar and haven't cleaned the bottle. I did change the wick a few times but it wasn't because of the flavor changes, it was due to my squonk-fu not being strong enough yet and getting a dry hit/burning the wick. I got a little overlap in flavors each change but it only lasted a squonk or two. If it really bothered you though changing out wicks in between is a breeze if you're using a micro coil and cotton or rayon.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
But are these really worth the price?

My REO VV Woodville cost me about $200. It was my primary PV from April 2012 until July 2014 when I bought an SL Grand... The VV Woodville still works just fine and would have continued to be my primary PV had I not fallen victim to my own desire for the very cool looking SL REOs... So, as my primary PV as long as I wanted to use it as such, owning the VV Woodville cost me about 7 bucks a month to use every day all day. 7 bucks a month seems pretty reasonable and even more so considering it still works - it's still beautiful - and I still own it and can use it whenever I want.

Just a "by the way": If you get an LP, there is nothing stopping you from using your drippers and tanks. The REO does indeed have a 510 connection and you can still spin on whatever you want and drip if you want to or use a tank if you want to. The LP should let pretty much anything connect without the drip well getting in the way... You don't have to modify them and you don't have to use them with the bottle built in the REO. You can still just use it as if it were a tube and drip to your hearts content, or use your tanks as much as you want... Then put your RM2 on when you go out and squonk to your hearts content. ;)

Last edited:

garpt01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
South Florida
The concern about juice being contaminated in some way because it makes contact with the wick and sucked back into the bottle is a non issue. I use some very subtle flavored DIY juices and have noticed zero flavor change, or color change after a good 100 bottle refills. I imagine it is because the juice being returned to the bottle is overflow after the wick has been saturated to capacity.
Also, virtually any RDA can me modified, as mentioned previously, to bottom feed use. My Magma is sensational on a Reo LP.
Other concern I read here- the tubing retaining flavor between juice flavor changes- remember the Reo can literally be washed clean in a sink, totally submerged, after removing the battery and atty. A mild dishwashing soap is great for this. Personally I have found any left over flavor does not appear to linger any longer then a conventional mod. I do carry a couple of extra bottles for convenience, prefilled with different flavors, for a quick bottle change.
Hope this answers some of the concerns I've read in this thread. The Reo has totally changed the way I vape. I could never go back to my tank mods for any length of time. The flavor, simplicity of design, (the entire mod is user rebuild-able to new condition) and vapor production finally makes drippers a very practical on-the-go way to vape. Outstanding mod and design.

Last edited:

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Curious thing too, once I got used to a Reo, I also started liking the box mod form instead of a tube. Seems more comfortable in hand. And it doesn't fall over as much. Small thing but it helps
OMG, yes, THIS! Times 1000. :D It got so bad that in my house anytime there was a loud "thunk", both my wife and daughter would shout "I know what that noise is!". I do not miss that one bit.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
OMG, yes, THIS! Times 1000. :D It got so bad that in my house anytime there was a loud "thunk", both my wife and daughter would shout "I know what that noise is!". I do not miss that one bit.

How cool does this bad AYuss REO look?

anOAr0Q.jpg

It vapes as good as it looks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread