So here's a question.... Do I really NEED a Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
I've seen so much praise for the Reos and have watched tons of videos about them. Very simple. You fill your juice bottle, you squonk, and you're good to go. BUT the only thing that's keeping me from buying one (besides money XD) is that you can only use certain RDAs on it. So I wouldn't be able to use my Origen or Magma :( But are these really worth the price?

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Are they worth the price? OMG YES! Let me tell you, I wasted sooooo much money on other vape gear, everything from Vamo's to a Provari. Along with every topper out there. I had some luck with the kayfun and Provari. But still was not satisfied. I finally took the plunge and bought a Reo. That changed everything! Since my first one, it's all I've ever used, or will again. I no longer look for anything else, the search is finally over! As far as limited drippers, of course you need bottom fed. But many mod their drippers I believe the Origen included to a bottom fed. Others will be along that can help more with that. But yes, you CAN NOT go wrong with the Reo! Best of luck!

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
LOL Thanks for the input. Love the enthusiasm XD I too have spent a lot of money going through different mods and whatnot (including a Provari), and thought a dna30 was the last thing I needed ¬_¬ (which doesn't seem like the case.) I just have to scrape together the extra cash to get one. Bills are killing me right now! :mad:

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
If you can manage to get one, red sky mods will be releasing some really nice wooden bottom feeders with DNA chips, or without, in the next couple of months...beautiful mods.

If you like to use drippers...you'll love a good bottom feeder, like a reo.

I've been wanting one so bad for the past few weeks. I love the flavor of dripping, but the convenience of not having to actually drip.

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Do you NEED one? Well of course you do :D

Seriously though, I went through a lot of different kit before I wound up with mine. What an absolutely fabulous device. It took me like a week to really get into the swing but it's just awesome. Dripping only you've got 5 or 6 mL on board, woohoo! :wub:

Now all my other mechs and VV kit is used for flavor testing and PIF.

I've seen plenty of folks mod their RDAs for bottom feed and I'm actually going to try it out on one of my Tridents. Get the LP model as it can accommodate the wider atties.

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
You can easily take the center post out of just about any rda and mod it for bottom feeding. Once you get the hang of it, it's surprisingly easy. And rob has a lot of already modded attys on his site. With the reo grand LP you can certainly put a 22mm atty on it, it just may not look flush :D and if alleles fails you can still put a normal atty on a reo and manually drip :)

cracoucax

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
france
No you don't need a reo :evil:

I personally find that huge wells drippers (like the magma) make them not so useful.
I mean you can put more than 1 ml in a magma and you're good for a while.

On a reo the bottle is 6ml I believe but then you shouldn't fill it more than 3/4 so that makes about 4ml.

Then on a reo changing juice will be a pain, as the bottle and the tube that feeds from it are plastic, and will retain the flavor of the previous juices. Cleaning the tube must be a pain. There's a reason all reo owners seems to have like 5 of them...

Also you have to squonk every hit or two since the juice will moisten the coil, and the rest will go back in the bottle.

They say it's good because you have fresh juice every time. I say each time you squonk you pull juice in the atty, in contact of your not so clean coil, and let it back in the bottle tainted. That does not seem so fresh to me...

Last edited:

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
Sit down boy and listen to my story! ;)

The short answer is yes.

I have been a vaper for only 8 months but because I am an ADD/OCD/etc analyst I wanted to try everything I could get my hands on. It took me less than a week to go from an eGo stick to vv/vw, then on through SID's, MVP's, ProVari's, Mech mods topped with everythinng from Kayfuns (I still have 7!!!) to all sorts of RDAs, and on and on. I thought about getting a Reo a few times but never made the jump.

Finally I did...and it was all over. Outside of using Mechs (I still love dripping and building) I have stopped using everything except for my 2 Reos. As far as different toppers well my reaction is meh, that's what I have my Mechs for.

The RM2 with my SL Reo is the perfect daily device. Very pocketable, the battery lasts forever even vaping at 0.6ohms, and the vape and flavor are outstanding. Not to mention the single hole atty doesn't ever leak in my work clothes pocket...something I would be hesitant to do with my TOBHs, Vulcan, Atomic, Patriot, etc.

Do it and you'll find the first copy of the last device you'll ever NEED.

K I'm done.

Reactions: thetrucker

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
BUT the only thing that's keeping me from buying one (besides money XD) is that you can only use certain RDAs on it. So I wouldn't be able to use my Origen or Magma :( But are these really worth the price?

The LP Reos can accommodate anything with a 510 connection and most non-bottom fed atties can be modded fairly easily.

As for being worth the price, I'd say yes. I sold all of my other gear and I never even look at other mods anymore.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Do you need a Reo? It depends on what you want.

If you want to eliminate the hassle of needing to drip all the time you need a Reo.

If you want to eliminate vaping cooked juice sitting in the bottom of dripping atty you need a Reo.

If you want something with readily available replacement parts if you ever need them you need a Reo.

If you want to sub ohm down of 0.2 ohms doing all that you need a Reo.

If you actually want to use a dripping atty setup while driving you need a Reo.

There is also a guy on ECF who will modify just about any atty out there to work with a Reo.

They just work. No threads to screw up. No locking rings to seize up. Run it over with a car if you want - it will still works. And it doesn't look like you have "phallus insecurity issues" vaping one in public.
:2c:

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth

Flame on.

I personally find that huge wells drippers (like the magma) make them not so useful.

The Magma is super nice, but it's travel/upright requirements are the same as a genny, as in it needs to stay upright pretty much. Plus, relying on wicking up from a reservoir is not the same as juicing the coil every few hits. I've been using an Origen V1 for over 8 months, and unless you're willing to drip and manually freshen the coils up with juice, the "upwards wicking" from a deep reservoir can't keep up so well with high wattage vaping. When I re-wick an Origen or Magma, the wicks are noticeably more burnt inside the coil, big time.

I really like the Magma and Origen, but let's not pretend the format doesn't have obvious caveats.

On a reo the bottle is 6ml I believe but then you shouldn't fill it more than 3/4 so that makes about 4ml.

You believe wrong. 6ml. I fill the bottle all the way up, squonk it till it's bone dry.

Then on a reo changing juice will be a pain, as the bottle and the tube that feeds from it are plastic, and will retain the flavor of the previous juices. Cleaning the tube must be a pain. There's a reason all reo owners seems to have like 5 of them...

Yo, unless you're vaping something pungent like Pluid, it's non-issue. Swapping bottles is a pain? You serious? As opposed to draining out a Kayfun by disassembling several parts, then having to reassemble and then use a screwdriver and whipping out the syringe to fill it? Really???

Also you have to squonk every hit or two since the juice will moisten the coil, and the rest will go back in the bottle.

They say it's good because you have fresh juice every time. I say each time you squonk you pull juice in the atty, in contact of your not so clean coil, and let it back in the bottle tainted. That does not seem so fresh to me...

Just don't squonk immediately after you fire the coil, and let the coil cool down like 2-3 seconds so the coil doesn't burn it. Done. Oh my God IT'S SO HARD!

In my opinion, it just doesn't get better than bottom feeding an RDA. Granted, I like the deep reservoir RDAs on my Hammer mech for puffing and what not while lounging at home and watching TV on a Sunday night to mix things up, but for anything and everything else, it's a REO.

There are other bottom feeders out there, but the REO is the dependable unbreakable foolproof one to take anywhere with you, and you're good for an entire day of vaping with a real gem of an RDA that is the tiny little RM2. (though now there is the RM3, RM4, RM5, Igo-S, Igo W4, Zenith, and Origen bottom feeding RDAs)

Does everybody need one? Nah... But I'm coming up on 11 months now in Reoville, and the only things vaping related I've been genuinely concerned about in those 11 months is perfecting DIY recipes and vaping advocacy, because the bottom feeding RDA system has made everything else vaping related a non-issue. Every other piece of vape gear I've tried out or own has been out of pure boredom, and has been entirely superfluous.

Cheers

Reactions: DoubleDZA

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
I'm still waiting for the Woodvil to become available...

* looks at wristwatch *

* looks at calendar, turns page to the current month *

* pulls cob webs out of hair *

* pulls cob webs out of clothes, coughes because of all the dust *

* keeps on waiting *

Unless you score one on the classifieds, you won't see a new run until at least Christmas.

Look into a Puzzlebox, Red Sky, Grip, or Pdib mod for a beautiful wood bottom feeder before then.

Cheers

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Alright, so I got one off the classifieds (thanks to JBL-37) and I should have it tomorrow. It's not the LP, so I'm kind of limited on what I can use but I'll have an RM2 with it. I know that Rob can make them into LPs but I'll probably just end up buying another one if I really like it :)

I sent mine back to Rob and it was only $20 to LP it. Well worth it as I can use the Cyclone w/ AFC, Trident, Atomic, Magma, Mephisto, Reactor, TOBH, Quasar, Zenith, and I'm sure you get the point!!! You probably will enjoy it and you'll be getting another though...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

I once thought the same as you did...THEN I WOKE UP... You may want to go back and re-read your post, do a little more research, and then humbly apologize for the flaming you did!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread