So here's a question.... Do I really NEED a Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I have a Reo vv grand and it's awesome but there are other bottom feeders out there Capt Brian of Redsky mods makes this..... Its a Cruiser mechanical with a vapage 9ml bottle and a chowder modded Magma! Redsky mods he also puts out a similar wooden dna mod called a Cutlass.......!

d9ad0c1b80a3d67a65cfd6734cf37234.jpg
b581f097640bffcc0ea92fcf39e75708.jpg
7ce157acf5624579a595a6b5568fcd76.jpg

32deef5318e7f618547c2dee341458d6.jpg

Last edited:

xxbodkinxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Texas
I now have three reo's all grands and I wouldnt trade them for anything. I have a nemesis, provari, numerous other mods and nothing comes close. The flavor, ease of use, durability, and customer support make it a winner. Have issues? Send it back to rob and he will fix it for a very reasonable price.

The entry price is steep but in the end for most this will be the last mod you spend money on, it was for me. The only expense on top of the original purchase is the money you spend buying more. He just showed a sneak peak of some resin mods he is working on and they look sweet too. Oh well its just money....

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
I've seen so much praise for the Reos and have watched tons of videos about them. Very simple. You fill your juice bottle, you squonk, and you're good to go. BUT the only thing that's keeping me from buying one (besides money XD) is that you can only use certain RDAs on it. So I wouldn't be able to use my Origen or Magma :( But are these really worth the price?

Actually, you do not need A Reo, you need a couple of Reos!

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
What would be the closest thing to a REO but with a better button/switch?
I really do like my REO but am not liking the switch at all.
I've got the aluminum cover on it and it's grindy and just feels cheap.
Yes, I'm mashing it because of how it feels.

I love my REOs, that's for sure. But, I'll be receiving a Grunt Vapor SIB tomorrow (there is a thread on the SIB on this page). I expect the switch will be a delight. I'm not super jazzed about Hammond box mods but I suspect I'll really like this one.

I'm also really looking forward to the upcoming REO Woodvils. Side switch, fully mechanical.

Again, don't get me wrong... if I had to save one mod from a house fire it would be my black wrinkle REO Grand SL/LP. No question.

Last edited:

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
The Woodville definitely has my interest and I will be trying to score one for sure.
I think the side button would much better for me. Using the metal REO with the button on top and closest to me is just not comfortable on my thumb.
I'll have to check out the Grunt.

ETA: Ok, just looked at the Grunt and nope, not liking that.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The Woodville definitely has my interest and I will be trying to score one for sure.
    I think the side button would much better for me. Using the metal REO with the button on top and closest to me is just not comfortable on my thumb.
    I'll have to check out the Grunt.

ETA: Ok, just looked at the Grunt and nope, not liking that.
    Try changing your grip around.
    Instead of my thumb pointing at the addy, I grip it with my thumb perpendicular to the mod, laying the whole thumb over the button, and press with the center of the thumb. More comfortable for me..........

Swamper

ECF Veteran
    May 16, 2013
    Glendora n.j. USA
    Buy a REO and a RM2 then get past the small learning curve, find the right coil build for your needs then get yourself prepared to spend more money on your second REO which you really won't need but that's what happens. And after you find your perfect vape (your sweet zone) you can sell it in the classifieds if you like, that won't happen though as long as you TAKE the TIME to dial in your atty (coil/ohms/wick/d-tip). Many mods only needed 1 REO well 3 if you want to get technical.

jrs99

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    King George, VA
    I've tried switching my grip around but no matter how I use it, I just can't stand this button. It's so crunchy feeling that I dread firing it. I really do like the squonking thing but have been having to force myself to like the REO.
    I picked up the Sunbox E7 from the Classies that should be waiting for me when I get home tonight and can't wait.
    I still need/want a mechanical squonker but need to find something else because I really can't see buying a second REO.

Last edited:

Ian444

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2013
    QLD, Australia
    The button should be smooth, not crunchy. You can remove the black delrin cover and bottle tube, swing the firing contact up out of the way, slide the button out, clean the button and button hole with a cotton swab and water or alcohol, and reassemble. Just snug the delrin retaining screw up, don't strip it, or you will be cursing me...

Ian444

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2013
    QLD, Australia
    Only takes 5 minutes, that button and button hole should clean up really smooth. Hope it works for you. The only other trick is a dab of superglue on the end of the metal tube that the bottle tube slips onto, to ensure a good seal. If you don't have any superglue, it will be fine without for a while, some of mine have no superglue.

RickCain

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    You also want to use the conductive grease that comes with a REO - it changes how much pressure you need to use on the button IMHO. I also wipe the contact and batteries with Deoxit once a week and find it performs way easier with less effort.

Just got my second REO and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Capture2.PNG

The DNA v4.2 is also a very nice bottom feeder and comes with a DNA40. Only down side is the adjustment of the 510 is a bit of a PITA.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    We all have to find our own way. I tried several things but each time I automatically was looking for what I wanted to try next. Since I began using the reos, I've stopped looking. It has been a year and I have been totally satisfied and if my vaping never gets any better, that's okay. They are dependable, well constructed and highly recommended. Take your advice from people who use them and not people who just have an opinion that is not substantiated. Here is a thread that will give you an idea just how well they are loved.

Help. Why the REO? | E-Cigarette Forum
    Connie_click-me.gif

If you think of any questions, come visit us in the reo lounge. Always someone there that can help.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/reo-lounge-part-v.626726/

Good luck to you
    . :)

chia

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2014
    Red Dot
    Getting a BF solves some issues for me;
    Having the flavor of dripping
    Having the capacity of tanks

Reos has been around the block for a while now.. And their stuffs are worth looking into if anyone decides to BF. Add a very active and supportive forum and also excellent CS you really can't go wrong.
    Only been into vaping not long back, but I've yet to come across so many guys/gals owning so many of the same mod! That says a lot for any product..

Reactions: coaldriller

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 2, 2014
    South Central PA
    What would be the closest thing to a REO but with a better button/switch?
    I really do like my REO but am not liking the switch at all.
    I've got the aluminum cover on it and it's grindy and just feels cheap.
    Yes, I'm mashing it because of how it feels.
    I put an O-ring from an old tank drip tip into the button of my REO under the button cover. Totally solves the button mashing issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread