Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I'm 56 and started smoking at 11 yrs old, additively at 15, so I smoked about 41 years. I've been watching family members die of lung cancer in the past several years, and a few of other smoking related diseases. My dad of heart problems, the youngest was a cousin at 46 yrs old, the oldest my grandad at 84, with an uncle at 51 an aunt at 58 etc etc.

Well I'd bury them, stepping outside for a smoke at the funeral home with the other addicts. I just never tried to quit. I didn't even consider it - until my cousin and best friend died at 57 yrs old last year. Man, that hit me hard. I would stare at the cigarette and think, "do I really want these murders to profit from me anymore?": So I tried to quit, I tried REALLY hard to quit. I broke down in my Doc's office and he gave me first the patch, then the gum, then the lozenges, and finally Chantix. I made it a couple months on that stuff, always craving a cigarette.

After hearing about the e-cig I researched it online and never bought one because it was all too confusing. Atomizers and models and gadgets. I gave up on it. At the end of last summer my neighborhood store started selling disposable e-cigs for $20. That's when I got off cigs. He only sold Dekang Mboro and menthol and he'd always run out of Mboro and I'd have to smoke till he got some in. My first order of refill juice was with V4L, and within 3 weeks I got the money to buy the starter kit and have been smoke free effortlessly since Nov 4th 2010. With lung cancer from smoking obviously running in my family, I'm really happy and hope I stopped in time to stop further damage to my lungs. Kudos to vapers ~

Whistles

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Hutchinson
Hello all!
I am 25 years old and have quite a life. I first started smoking analogs of the Clove type when I was 16, I didn't smoke often and didn't really like it. Once I turned 17 I joined the Minnesota Army National Guard, This is when my smoking turned into a habit.

Throughout my Military career I have tried to quit 3 times... each time was cold turkey and only lasted around 3 months, The last ended because of a nice 17 hour plane ride to the beautiful beaches of Iraq "Just kidding there wasn't any beaches"... Since then I have just dealt with smoking.... I would often gag while smoking anything other then a Camel Wide Filter, I often thought it would be nice to quit for good and wanted to try other methods but they didn't seem to work. A few weeks ago a close friend of mine "who's father just died this week of throat cancer" kindly asked me when I would make good on my promise to quit... I replied with when I felt I would be ready I would quit.

This lead to some discussion on what I thought would work... I immediately decided now was the time and quickly got ahold of my friend Heidi aka. Clover... She gave me all the knowledge I could possibly take in "and a bit more that just went over my head at the time, makes much more sense now" on what to order for my first order. I am now in my first week of being analog free, and quite frankly love it... I will admit I decided the other night to try a cig again "74 hours into it" and it tasted like crap! So with that fresh in my mind I have decided that this may actually be the end of analogs.

I currently rock the Manual starter kit sans PCC... I also purchased a Diamond XL battery which I love and hope to see a manual come out soon. My favorite and now new way for both home and car commuting is a usb passthrough.

My first set of flavors: Berry Sampler (24), Pommegranite (36), Doc Pepper (24) "all premium prefilled" I seem to like all of these that I have tried so far... only Blueberry Cobbler, and Peach. But Cherry seems to be the winner so far... I have a little bit more sampling I would like to do before I dive into juices full time... I will be ordering a few things of juice on my next order since I will be going to a 4 day festival. My question for all of you is what are some of your favorites... if it is a non v4l vendor i do not exactly know the rules on posting but am welcome to PM's if you have a rather tasty flavor....

I hear this is an incredible family and there is a wealth of Knowledge.... I am a very techy guy and hope to gain some of this knowledge and start experimenting soon.

V4L employees... Thank you for your extremely fast replies on the Facebook Page to my questions, and also for the insanely fast shipping.... "seriously why even have an Express shipping option" mine came 2 days after ordering "maybe 3... I was alittle cloudy last week"

All in All that is the need2know on how I've started my PV adventure, thanks to my dear friends Carlie "the one who got me to quit analogs" and Clover "she says she is popular on here ?!?)

p.s My other danger habit can be viewed in my avatar, I Breath Fire and also Spin Fire!

Last edited:
Hey! Welcome! Great zombie thread to dig up; I never saw this one. I like it!

There are lots and lots of favorite flavors around here. I'm still relatively new myself, but my favorites so far are wow waffle and classic caramel mocha frap. I also tried mango today and loved it. Tasted oddly peachy though. Oh, and cherry cordial. There are a lot of waffle fans out there, and some swear by wowboy and wowboy peppermint. For me, I found it most helpful to find which categories I did and didn't like and go from there. I discovered I don't like most cigarette tobacco flavors but I like fruit. That helps me decide what to order to try.

Good luck to you! Above all, don't pressure yourself into the quit. I snuck an analog 3 times since I started vaping. Each time, it was nasty and I only made it 4 puffs in before pitching them. Those 3 times only made me love vaping more. I think you're on the right track and have begun the rest of your life as a nonsmoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread