Not open for further replies.

Jensb

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Stockholm/Sweden
Hi
I dont want to spam Raidy thread, so i thought to make a new one :p
Here some pics of my stuff.
As you can see i love to pour the stuff myself. If anything get broken i just make new ones :p

A Skrewplug
IMG_6559.jpg

another
IMG_6555.jpg

and the pipe of stainless steel
IMG_6560.jpg

a penstyle atty based on the plug
IMG_6556.jpg

Here some Genesis with IC Contacts for easy changing of the coil
IMG_6554.jpg

a smaller one
IMG_6553.jpg

And the pipe for them
IMG_6551.jpg

here some casting for genesis
IMG_6563.jpg

Jens

Darth Octane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Colorado
oh, yes. the taste of the mesh is awesome. I didnt touched any of my other attys since i have my genesis attys running.
I have at this time 4 genesis running and casted parts for some more. So if any get broken i just make new. Cheap and easy. :p

What are you using for the casting? I was think of going this route myself instead of using a lathe.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
What is the I.D. of the tube for this cap?
And back to the taste thingy, As you know I wasn't so pleased with the vapor that I got with tea bag for a wick. it was to thick (heavy, wet) I can't describe it to well,,, but I kinda liked the taste but not the wetness. I couldn't stop having to clear my throat and was coughing crap out of my lungs. (not like the morning hacking with analogs) but it was so heavy that I was somewhat short winded. The inside of the lexan tube that I had on top would just get dripping wet with the vapor after only 4 or 5 hits, and I know my lungs were too.

Jensb

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Stockholm/Sweden
hi all
sorry for the late answer. i had so much work the last days.
I´m very happy for all the answers and questions that i got. i try now to answer all.

- the taste of the genesis is very awesome. it taste much smoother and cleaner as on normal attys.
I used the last time only my own plugs with glas fiber where the taste is also very nice.
Since the last days i didnt touched any of my plugs again because the taste of a genesis is much better. I tried yesterday a genesis and a plug with the same liquid over a whole day and i have to say that i prefer the genesis.
You all have to try it. is is very very good.

The negative thing about the genesis system is that it is trial and error. I spend many hours to find the right ammount of mesh and kanthal. Yesterday i had problems with some of my genesis where i didnt got any liquid up to the coil.
After arround 50 new coils and help from friends i found what was wrong and solved the problem.
You have to be carefull that you dont make the mesh to strong and not to loose.
This is really a problem and i sometimes get headache due to this, but once it is right you love the taste and vapor and everything is forgotten :p

For casting i first make a prototype with something.
Then i cast a negative form with 2 component silicone.
When this is done i just use a stuff called "stewalin" and pour this into my negative forms. This way you are a little chinese and can make many parts in short time.
It is important that stewalin need some thick walls. If you have walls with 1-2mm it can happen that it cracks. So just use it on easy stuff..

hope you all understand my english. I tried the best to explain.
My Swedish and German is better :p

Cheers all
Jens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread